Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 57
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Ordered a SilencerCo Hybrid today. Was planning on buying the Optimus, but the 45 cal capabilities sold me on the Hybrid... This combined with my pending F1 22LR suppressor should cover most of my needs.... Of course a Salvo and a Recce 5 are still on my radar... because, hey, we always want more
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Since I have NFA fever with my new trust and since I purchased a Salvo 12 and Griffin Optimus at the end of last month and two SBR lowers. I figured I would pick up another.

Purchased a OSS SRM-4 from Quiet Riot Firearms for $449. I figured at that price its worth trying and it will probably be nice on my Tavor.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered a new Gemtech GMT-Halo today. Dealer said 6 week (minimum) lead time, so it will probably be late summer before I actually have it in my hands.

Tick tock.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got off the phone with Hansohn Brothers and got a Specter II all I need now is an Obsidian and Optimus.... Have a hybrid & omega in jail
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Griffin Armament Alpha @ Quiet Riot

I reload polymer coated lead, and although it is not supposed to cause a problem, it will be nice to get in there and see what is going on.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Huntertown Arms B22. Not sure if they are any good but I won it on GB for $92
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Dead Air Ghost M!
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DrRemulak:
View Quote

I bid a huntertown .22 can up to $62 thanks to this post. haha
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered a Griffin M4SD-K.  Already have a Spartan 3 in the pipeline too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I started my long wait for my stamp today.  I bought a YHM Stinger.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Good luck.
View All Quotes

Good luck.

I really don't want to get in bed with HTA and I'm still not the high bidder so it's working out well for me
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, ss let me know today that the have an obsidian45 for me. Great comms from ss one they have available.

Now, we wait.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kbinmt:
Well, ss let me know today that the have an obsidian45 for me. Great comms from ss one they have available.

Now, we wait.
View Quote

When did you get on their wait list?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Ordered a Dead Air Mask!
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:17:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:
Originally Posted By kbinmt:

Now, we wait.

1-18-16
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got an Obsidian and Sandman-S in form 3 jail and have almost talked myself into a Sandman-L to go with the S...

Someone please talk me down off the ledge.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Krusty783:
I've got an Obsidian and Sandman-S in form 3 jail and have almost talked myself into a Sandman-L to go with the S...

View Quote

Nooooooooooooo, jump and do buy the L. One can never have too many cans.

I'm working an a baker's dozen when all get out of jail.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Osprey 45 from a local place and AEM5 in jail at ADCO.

I can play with the Osprey on the shops range but the AEM5 is still in jail because I screwed up the form.

Won't be long hopefully.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By snakeman48:

View All Quotes

F@ck it. I ordered a Sandman-L from Capitol Armory this morning!! :). Once my Sandmans get out of jail I've got 3 MAMS to sell which will pay for most of a suppressor. On the flip side, I "need" to pick up threaded barrels for a p226 and 1911 (& maybe an FNX-45 tactical) to host my Obsidian - but I've got 5 months to worry about that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Ordered a Griffin Checkmate today. That's 3 in a month.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm trying hard not to add "I just bought an Omega 9k" to this, but I fear my will is fading.

In transfer now I have:
Illusion 9
Tirant 45M
Omega
Sandman S
OSS 556
Salvo
Bowers VERS 9S
and a Mossberg 590 SBS
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got done giving SilencerHQ my money for a Silencerco Hybrid.  Probably be at my dealer by the time work says I can go back home.  Ready to go home now so I can do some paperwork.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#24]

F@ck it. I ordered a Sandman-L from Capitol Armory this morning!! :). Once my Sandmans get out of jail I've got 3 MAMS to sell which will pay for most of a suppressor. On the flip side, I "need" to pick up threaded barrels for a p226 and 1911 (& maybe an FNX-45 tactical) to host my Obsidian - but I've got 5 months to worry about that.

View All Quotes

Hells Yeah. I've got a S/N and Capitol mailed my Form 3 this afternoon!!

Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Bought an octane 45hd from a local shop that had it in stock. Was going to buy a mask but decided I needed a pistol can over another rimfire can for now. Paperwork went into the mail last friday. Hopefully I'll have it for a birthday gift in August. Now to get a threaded barrel for my 1911
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 1:50:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Bought a Sandman S today.  My first nfa item  Glad I found one locally at a good price.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:17:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ironhandjohn] [#27]
Paid for and did almost all of the paperwork for my first NFA item, a YHM Phantom 556 stainless M2 suppressor. The hardest part is finding a place that still uses ink fingerprints and can print me on a Friday. I'm a truck driver, and so far, none of the small town police or sheriff's departments I've passed by or delivered nearby want to print me, even though I have my own cards and offered to pay for the service. They either are all electronic print scanning or "We don't want to get involved in something like that...", as told to me by the Evans County, Georgia sheriff's department.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runs_with_scissors] [#29]
If by some chance you pass through LA Natchitoches Parish Sheriff department does ink prints.  Not sure where exactly you could park in walking distance of the office in the court house.  Could also just do a trust and use a family member or friend as your beneficiarie and trustee.  I went this route so certain friends could use my cans if they wanted to without me.  Know how things are Im a driver also.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ironhandjohn:
Paid for and did almost all of the paperwork for my first NFA item, a YHM Phantom 556 stainless M2 suppressor. The hardest part is finding a place that still uses ink fingerprints and can print me on a Friday. I'm a truck driver, and so far, none of the small town police or sheriff's departments I've passed by or delivered nearby want to print me, even though I have my own cards and offered to pay for the service. They either are all electronic print scanning or "We don't want to get involved in something like that...", as told to me by the Evans County, Georgia sheriff's department.
View Quote

What's wrong with the electronic print scanning vs ink printing? And why is one preferred over the other?

My Sheriff Dept. uses only the electronic print scanning method, and the ATF has never rejected my print cards. (many sets printed to date)

The last time I had a few extra sets of cards printed for the future when I nolonger have to visit him for his autograph, which he gladly signs.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Rugged Surge in Jail - bought in January.
Just did a form 3 on a Dead Air Mask earlier this week.  
I'm sick as hell with NFA fever!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Just added a Rugged Obsidian to my in jail collection.  Makes 4 in jail
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By sovaprepper:
Just added a Rugged Obsidian to my in jail collection.  Makes 4 in jail
View Quote

From whom and for how much?
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Bought a Specwar 556K for $550

Currently debating which 30cal can I want next.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 12:16:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FatCat1] [#35]
OK I'll play

Gemtech Outback II (375 from local shop) One month in jail
AAC 762 SDN 6  (675 from local shop) Two weeks in jail
AAC TiRant 45M  (728 from Silencershop) Just purchased

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I paid for a tax stamp and a griffin 45 can from silencer shop.

now I wait.......................
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#37]
SilncerCo Salvo12 and Omega. Started yesterday with my new trust....

Here's to a fast turnaround!
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 10:42:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kinganuthin] [#38]
Recce 7 and stamp from Silencer shop.
Watched Military Arms Channel testing.  Recce 7 shined.
Taper and thread mounts do better with poi shifts and consistency.

For: 11.5" 556 pistol,  10.3" 300 BO sbr, Ruger mini 30 tact, 18" 6.5 Grendel AR.

Main reason for wanting one is the 300 BO.  I was going to get Gemtech 300 BLK, but then started a 6.5 Grendel build..

The BO has a 12" rail , and the recce is easy on/off for under handguard, at 1.47 diameter, which is a nice fit for my 1.6(d) Odin works.  Griffin also makes a blast shield that attaches to the taper mount, for when i want to keep things short..  PLUS, they also make a minimalist break, which will be great for the Grendel.  

Griffin simply has a great selection of muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Just put my fifth one in jail... Bought a Rugged Razor based on everyone's opinion that 5.56 is loud and short and light suppressors are what to be used on SBRs.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Ironhandjohn:
View Quote

If you ever come to Southern VA feel free to get in touch with me
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 12:29:14 AM EDT
[#41]
new guy here.  googled about suppressor deals earlier today leading me to this site.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/453659_Deals_on_Suppressors___Deals_only.html&page=5

ordered a Sig 22 from QRF(took me a while to figure out what that is), can't beat that $200 price tag.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Obsidian is now in jail
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Capitol Armory did me so good on my Ryder 9 Ti purchase, I had to go back for more...

Dead Air Sandman-L & Surefire Ryder-22 on the way.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#44]
My impatience got the best of me today as I purchased a SureFire Ryder 22-A suppressor on a whim. Albeit it was never in the running for 22 suppressors that I had planned on purchasing, it has sentimental value to me as it was manufactured in the city that I was born. Which is Fountain Valley, California. The can weighs a mere 3.1 ounces, which makes for an extremely lightweight package when coupled with my Tac Sol X-Ring 10/22 rifle. I originally purchased the rifle as a host for when my Dead Air Armament Mask HD suppressor arrives at my LGS, but the lightness + the fluting of Ryder may have made it a permanent fixture for this particular rifle. At any rate, I am extremely pleased with my purchase + I look forward to running this can next to my Mask HD + Sparrow when they arrive in the very near future.

At this stage, I am awaiting for the phone call that my SilencerCo Sparrow, Dead Air Armament Mask HD, Knight's Armament Company (KAC) NT4 suppressors have arrived at my LGS. I reckon I will pull the trigger on a Rugged Obsidian 45, Dead Air Mask Armament Sandman S, + SilencerCo Osprey 9 suppressors next!
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Swanky boots
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Just bought a Silencerco Spectre II.  I don't even expect my first can to arrive until June ish. Had to go ahead on a 22 as well.

Must hold off now on a 45 can...
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Well I finally ordered my first suppressor today, Specwar K from Capitol Armory. It will be used primarily on my 10.5" SBR
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Today? Down payment on a Gemtech HVT-QM for $450 adding it to the jail collection makes 3 currently in jail.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By gamerc:
I'm trying hard not to add "I just bought an Omega 9k" to this, but I fear my will is fading.

In transfer now I have:
Illusion 9
Tirant 45M
Omega
Sandman S
OSS 556
Salvo
Bowers VERS 9S
and a Mossberg 590 SBS
View Quote

And I held out for a week. I just bought an Omega 9k.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

In transfer now I have:
Illusion 9
Tirant 45M
Omega
Sandman S
OSS 556
Salvo
Bowers VERS 9S
and a Mossberg 590 SBS

Good choice, I'm trying to hold off getting one too. Where did you get it from and for how much if you don't mind telling?
Page / 57
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top