Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2015 11:08:31 AM EDT
What are the differences?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I thnk it's simply a new welding method. I don't see how that benefits the average civilian shooter. I'd personally jump on the screamin' deals right now if you're set on a SF
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thnk it's simply a new welding method. I don't see how that benefits the average civilian shooter. I'd personally jump on the screamin' deals right now if you're set on a SF
View Quote

This is the correct answer, Garin (Kudu22 on here) is a rep for Surefire, I remember him saying the RC2s were possibly metering 1-2 Dbs lower and perhaps less FRP and flash out of the can along with being s bit more durable..  None of that is going to be very noticeable to your average shooter, RC-1s are built like tanks, beat in class when it comes to flash, I'd jump on the deals for the RCs.  When the RC2s come out, I'd expect them to go for close to MSRP for a long time to come.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I may be wrong but I believe the only differences are a fully welded baffle stack and a flash suppressing end cap on the RC2.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I may be wrong but I believe the only differences are a fully welded baffle stack and a flash suppressing end cap on the RC2.
View Quote

Yup, new computer programmed welding techniques and a redesigned end cap.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Temp me more.  What price point for the RC?  Who has the ole dealio?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is correct.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

SF Socom RC 556
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SF Socom RC 556

Ended up getting a m4-2000 when these were $1200-$1300.  I feel like at the end of 5-10 years I'm going to have a collection of 556 cans..chasing them 1-generation-old at a time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is correct.

So I know you're a SF whore but can you say the average civilian user will benefit, especially at a $3-500 increase over the current model?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So I know you're a SF whore but can you say the average civilian user will benefit, especially at a $3-500 increase over the current model?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is correct.

Not the one you're quoting but IMO not worth $300-$500 more for the RC-2.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#11]
i dont have any experience with suppressors, but i have been looking into them. and i just came across this and looks to be a good all around suppressor. especially for a guy getting into it, and wants to try one out, but will be covered from 762-556.  would be nice to swap it back and forth between a few builds
http://www.surefire.com/socom300-sps-2.html
sound levels look good as well...but the length is a little long but i think the options of this seem to fill up the scale on getting.

just food for thought.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is correct.

I would say the average civilian wont need the increase in strength because the RCs (not RC2) are pretty daggone strong as is.

And I like the SF whore part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top