Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2015 9:32:24 PM EDT
Just had the three lug barrel installed on my HK SP89 to MP5K conversion. I would like a can that is light weight, easy to clean, and of course effective.
I am new to this and want to pay once cry once.

There are so many threads here about various cans but cant seem to find one for my type of attachment and criteria.
Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The Revolution 9 in K configuration with a 3 lug mount sounds like it would meet your requirements (I don't have one but people seem to report favorably about it) but there are plenty of options with a 3 lug mount that would work such as the Mystic, Octane, TiRant and the aforementioned Revolution.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Revolution 9 in K configuration with a 3 lug mount sounds like it would meet your requirements (I don't have one but people seem to report favorably about it) but there are plenty of options with a 3 lug mount that would work such as the Mystic, Octane, TiRant and the aforementioned Revolution.
View Quote
Revolution is a great option.  The three-lug mount is superior to the competition.

Do you have other silencers for pistols?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have other silencers for pistols?
View Quote

No, this would be my first.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know about the Revolution, but the Octane 9 works quite well.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Gemtech MK9K

/thread
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Gemtech MK9K

/thread
View Quote

If you can wait forever, yeah.

I went with an Octane 45 for mine so the Octane 9 or 45 is a great option.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Gemtech MK9K

/thread
View Quote
That's a great can for pistol caliber carbines.  But if it's OP's first pistol caliber can i'd go with something more versatile. It's nice to be able to suppress your handguns.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Gemtech Multimount
Gemtech Raptor or Raptor II
Gemtech MK-9K

Liberty Suppressors Mystic with Gemtech 3-lug adapter
Liberty Suppressors Mystic X with Gemtech 3-lug adapter

SWR/Sincerco Octane 9
SWR Trident 9

AAC Evolution 9
AAC Tirant 9
AAC Tirant 45

Thompson Machine ISIS-2

Griffin Armament Revolution 9

...in no particular order.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Octane 9 owner checking in.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Rev9 K config is nice.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 7:10:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a mystic with Gemtech 3 lug mount.
I think it's one heck of a can and would buy it again.
I would avoid the Thompson machine.
Mine is a PITA to service and basically feels like
It will not hold up long term.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/bionic589/NFA%20Items/IMG_7398.jpg
View Quote

Bionic, do you take the thread protector off before you connect the octane?

OP I have had good luck with an octane on a 3lug MP5 but the revolution 9 would take the top pick if I was buying again just because it can be made into k configuration.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gemtech MK9K

/thread

Quoted:
Quoted:
Gemtech MK9K

/thread
That's a great can for pistol caliber carbines.  But if it's OP's first pistol caliber can i'd go with something more versatile. It's nice to be able to suppress your handguns.

He asked for 3-Lug  can for his SMG, did not mention using it on handguns he also said, "pay once, cry once". With those parameters, there is only one option.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Gemtech MK9K

/thread
View Quote

What's great about the MK9K?

According the specs on their website, it looks very heavy, large, and not that quiet compared to many of their other SMG-compatible cans.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gemtech MK9K

/thread
View Quote

Buying direct from gemtech for MSRP or who stocks them at "street price" and what might that be?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
According the specs on their website, it looks very heavy, large, and not that quiet compared to many of their other SMG-compatible cans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gemtech MK9K
/thread

You can't tell quieter from specs on a website.  The larger volume gives it a better tone and less blowback.  If OP is looking for a Three-Lug subgun only can the MK9K is it.
It just wouldn't be my first choice for a first 9mm can. I enjoy my suppressed pistols as much as my MP5K.  

Of course, you can't own just one silencer.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I own both octanes and revolutions and a tirant and hands down the revo wins.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I own both octanes and revolutions and a tirant and hands down the revo wins.

View Quote
Not arguing but wins how???

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Actually the tirant it a little quieter but have not heard good things since remmington took em over .

Revolution has keyed baffles , option for a k configuration , slim line 3 lug mount , quiter to me then the octanes and generally less money, I also don't get crap blown in my face but that could be a host issue.

Frankly the revolution is what the octane should of been.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Actually the tirant it a little quieter but have not heard good things since remmington took em over .

Revolution has keyed baffles , option for a k configuration , slim line 3 lug mount , quiter to me then the octanes and generally less money, I also don't get crap blown in my face but that could be a host issue.

View Quote

Did Freedom group make ANY changes to the Ti-rant...?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They stopped making the TiRant 9.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not a change, don't be dense. He is claiming FG fucked up the Ti-rant with changes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's not a change, don't be dense. He is claiming FG fucked up the Ti-rant with changes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i did not say any of that " FG fucked up the Ti-rant with changes."

first the tirant 9 is discontinued., all of the of the nfa groups i am on seem to echo the same things.
They cannot get a hold of support, nothing is ever is stock on the website cannot find parts anywhere or takes forever to get warranty work done.
The brains of AAC left to work for SIG i cannot say i know who is doing the designs at AAC/Remington/FG but there is a log history of FG messing up companies they take over.
So take it for what it is but i will not recommend them as a company/suppressor at this time..

So when its between the Octane and revo the revo wins hands down.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gemtech MK9K

/thread

Sound quality, compactness, durability.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Buying direct from gemtech for MSRP or who stocks them at "street price" and what might that be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gemtech MK9K

/thread

Not in the market for one so I do not know, I would ask GT. Lots of dealers out there. I had one left until about a month ago.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a Gemtech Multi-mount for my MP5 and it works well.

Nice thing for me is I can use it on my pistols too.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

OP I have had good luck with an octane on a 3lug MP5 but the revolution 9 would take the top pick if I was buying again just because it can be made into k configuration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/bionic589/NFA%20Items/IMG_7398.jpg

No threads on my 3-lug.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not in the market for one so I do not know, I would ask GT. Lots of dealers out there. I had one left until about a month ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gemtech MK9K

/thread

Bought one from PracticalTrading in AZ. Wan an older, but still new, unit. Called Gemtech. Rep on the phone told me they have made ZERO revisions to construction of the MK-9K so whether its the oldest, or newest, they're built the same. Paid $615 for my MK-9K. Just an FYI.

Back to 3-Lug- I have Octane 9 (and later, a MK-9K) I have no issues with the Octane. But if MK-9K is the cat's ass- I might as well add that one too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a multimount for my 9mm AR and my MP5K. It doesnt have the volume of the 9K, but its a very versatile can.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:16:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Octane 9
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Wow. Somewhat disheartening that they didn't mention changes to 3-lug, but the core was my main concern. Thanks for taking the time to post all that up. From the serial# I gave the guy, the can was built in 2009. Curious now to see what mount is on it.

Also- Do all Gemtechs 3-lug mounts have the same OD threads for going into the can? I have a Gemtech 3-Lug mount I bought for their multimount suppressor, to use on my YHM Cobra M2 9mm. Wondering if that is a "newer" design that I could use on the MK-9K also?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks you for your input. I went with the Revolution 9 based on the 3 lug lock up and the convertibility to the K configuration. I purchased from the Silencer Shop. Now for the wait
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top