Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/1/2015 11:33:14 AM EDT
What happened to AWC and SRT?  They seem to have no market share any more.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#1]
AWC got bought out IIRC
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View Quote
Gemtech should be added to this list. They have a fairly robust marketing effort but without it they would be just as impotent.  It's looking like AAC is heading this way now too.

I think AWC and SRT both survive on their integral 22 lines.  Those are great but not rocket science.  The lack of cutting edge designs and a much more competitive market has resulted in these companies demise.

Personally, one of the ways I judge suppressor companies on their ability to make a hearing safe dry .45 can.  These have been around for half a decade now but lots of companies still want you to think their wet cans are cutting edge.

The Silencer market today offers many more options and information than 5-10 years ago.  This is a good thing for the customer.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I know SRT is still around.  I've got an SRT Shadow Ti XL in jail at my LGS right now.  

And, I agree you don't hear much about 'em.  I asked here and on the hide.  The good news is that virtually all of
what I was able to find on SRT was positive.

Doug just seems to not advertise much from what I can tell.  Guess he doesn't have to and if it keep the cost per unit lower, I'm for that, as a consumer.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AWC got bought out IIRC
View Quote

I thought this also, but the website is still current and operating under the AWC name.

ETA: Lynn McWilliams appears to still be the owner according to the innerweb.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Didnt SRT get the contract for a bunch of integral MK3 pistols for super-secret squirrels?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Gemtech should be added to this list.bbthey have a fairly robust marketing effort of they would be just as impotent.  It's looking like AAC is heading this way now too.  

I think AWC and SRT both survive on their integral 22 lines.  Those are great but not rocket science.  The lack of cutting edge designs and a much more competitive market has resulted in these companies demise.

Personally, one of the ways I judge suppressor companies on their ability to make a hearing safe dry .45 can.  These have been around for half a decade now but lots of companies still want you to think their wet cans are cutting edge.

The Silencer market today offers many more options and information than 5-10 years ago.  This is a good thing for the customer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gemtech should be added to this list.bbthey have a fairly robust marketing effort of they would be just as impotent.  It's looking like AAC is heading this way now too.  

What?  Are you saying they have no market share, they arent turning out products, etc...?  

That bit in red is a word salad, for sure.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What?  Are you saying they have no market share, they arent turning out products, etc...?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya, not sure I agree either. I bought two gemtech cans in the last 9 months and my buddy bought one too. Anecdotes and all.

Maybe they're not super quiet or they don't have the latest badass QD system but I would think they're still a solid player. Ymmv
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Gemtech seems to be more aggressive about marketing than AAC nowadays.  Maybe AAC is resting on their military contracts?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their market share certainly isn't what it was a few years ago.  They just released a new .45 can with great fanfare.  Not hearing safe, meanwhile some of their competitors have released multiple generations of hearing safe .45acp cans.  

Their rifle cans are nothing special nor are the mounting systems.  In fact, the only reason I can think of to go with a Gemtech rifle can is if you are married to an A2 flash hider.  Then a Halo might make sense.

I do have a Mist-22 in NFA jail but you can reference my original comments on integral 22 cans.

The Silencer market today is extremely competitive. Never before has there been so many companies offering cutting edge tech.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ya, not sure I agree either. I bought two gemtech cans in the last 9 months and my buddy bought one too. Anecdotes and all.

Maybe they're not super quiet or they don't have the latest badass QD system but I would think they're still a solid player. Ymmv
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1...I have been using my GMT-556QM about 6 months now and the weight, sound on the 10.3" and the repeatable 1" 90 degree POI shift @ 50yrds has me with no complaints. Customer Service was and has been great from my experience communicating with PHD & Joey here on the board too
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Gemtech's marketing is weird.   They are trying to be "cool" like SilencerCo.   Fancy, overly-tactical videos have progressed to the lifestyle-oriented videos.   Eh, whatever.   Lets hope the Youtube video thing isnt raising the sticker price of the cans too much.    I cant help but think that 25-30 bucks of that 850 dollar SilencerCo Omega price tag is YouTube videos.  

I just wish Gemtech would do away with the goofy names like "Dagger" and "Shield" and go back to less bombastic stuff like G5 and HVT.   Remember, these are lifetime purchases.  

Most of their cans are competitive and most of the Silencer buying public is still interested in the technical aspects of the cans.   I bet they could sell alot more of them if they limited their marketing to tech-filled overviews by someone like Dr. Dater.   Even if their advertisements dont make me want to go out and get Gemtech tattoos, I would still appreciate a little bit of info.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Their market share certainly isn't what it was a few years ago.  They just released a new .45 can with great fanfare.  Not hearing safe, meanwhile some of their competitors have released multiple generations of hearing safe .45acp cans.  

Their rifle cans are nothing special nor are the mounting systems.  In fact, the only reason I can think of to go with a Gemtech rifle can is if you are married to an A2 flash hider.  Then a Halo might make sense.

I do have a Mist-22 in NFA jail but you can reference my original comments on integral 22 cans.

The Silencer market today is extremely competitive. Never before has there been so many companies offering cutting edge tech.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The GM45 pissed me off, too.   I can easily foresee poor sales on that one.  They shouldnt even have let that one go to market.   In my opinion, if your .45 can isnt "hearing safe" dry, you are five years behind the market.  

The bilock mount point you made is off base, in my opinion.   I think the bilock is an excellent mount.   Its as good, or better than the ASR mount, and much better than the 51T mount.   There is no chance of the can loosening on the mount or not properly engaging the lugs.   It gets stuck on about as much as every other mount does these days, but its intuitive and foolproof.   Its one handed, simple, and consistent.    I would go so far as to say its arguably be the best QD mount available.  YMMV.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#13]
It may equal the SiCo ASR mount but not the Trifecta.

And AAC has released the 90 tooth mounts which are suppose to somehow be better than the 51 tooth.  I haven't tried them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#14]
The Trifecta mount is great, but its complex, easily misadjusted, and easy to install improperly.  

The Trifecta may be a more accurate mount, since it seats the can on a taper and has no slop, but its nowhere near as intutitive as the bilock.   Frankly, if absolute accuracy is your thing, the whole QD world will be sorely lacking.  

I know nothing about the 90T system either.   Of course, I never thought the wobble on the AAC cans was a big deal.   I only thought it was a problem if the can would back off.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#15]
First complaints I've ever heard about the Trifecta.  Got a few ordered, too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Gemtech should be added to this list.bbthey have a fairly robust marketing effort of they would be just as impotent.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gemtech should be added to this list.bbthey have a fairly robust marketing effort of they would be just as impotent.  

You need to realize the Silencer market is a lot bigger than the handful of companies that are internet darlings. Just because fanbois are not raving about it on the internet, does not mean it is not good or selling.

Gemtech makes the best 9mm subgun can, period. Their Uzi-specific Mossad is also top notch. The Viper 45 is as good as it gets for 45 subguns and the Outback is a top performer.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Subgun cans are a niche within a small market.  But the MK9 is a great can, it can be hard to find in stock though.  Surely that cuts down on sales

The Outback is good but so is every .22lr can.

Gemtech still does a good bit of business but less than they use to and it will continue to decline unless something changes.  They just aren't keeping up with their competitors.  Same thing that happened with AWC and SRT.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Gemtech still does a good bit of business but less than they use to

View Quote

How do you know this? I thought they were privately held?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The bilock mount point you made is off base, in my opinion.   I think the bilock is an excellent mount.   Its as good, or better than the ASR mount, and much better than the 51T mount.   There is no chance of the can loosening on the mount or not properly engaging the lugs.   It gets stuck on about as much as every other mount does these days, but its intuitive and foolproof.   Its one handed, simple, and consistent.    I would go so far as to say its arguably be the best QD mount available.  YMMV.  

View Quote

Seconded here. I have a Quicksand and G5-T and the bilock mounts are great - easy one hand push and engage.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wat? They're easily in the top handful. At this point (in no particular order), AAC, Gemtech, and SiCo probably have the most extensive product lines and you can't do that unless you're moving product at a decent clip. As much quality, respect, hype, internet popularity, or whatever shops like Griffin, Liberty, Thompson, Bowers, AWC, whoever.... Look, I can't audit their books but I'd wager Gemtech moves more product than those mentioned in the prior sentence.

Disclaimer: own 11 cans.. Various makes. 1 is a Gemtech.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Subgun cans are a niche within a small market.  But the MK9 is a great can, it can be hard to find in stock though.  Surely that cuts down on sales

The Outback is good but so is every .22lr can.

Gemtech still does a good bit of business but less than they use to and it will continue to decline unless something changes.  They just aren't keeping up with their competitors.  Same thing that happened with AWC and SRT.

View Quote

Gemtech doesn't need gimmicks to sell their product. As asked prior, you an investor in their company. Or getting ready to shill for a company you know?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:53:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I own Gemtech products.  But as a company they peaked a long time ago.  Come back to this thread in three years.  I'll be right.

No hard numbers but I've been around cans for a while.  Back in the 00's they were all over the place, top dog.  This was before AAC and SWR really took off and before SiCo, Griffin etc.  They are still around but when I go can shopping there are A LOT more options.  Gemtech's market share is clearly smaller.

I am sort of surprised the collective hive-mind wasn't incensed by my categorization of AAC.  They are actually still putting out innovative products.  

Lack of innovation kills companies. But I don't care, you buy what you want.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:39:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I own Gemtech products.  But as a company they peaked a long time ago.  Come back to this thread in three years.  I'll be right.

No hard numbers but I've been around cans for a while.  Back in the 00's they were all over the place, top dog.  This was before AAC and SWR really took off and before SiCo, Griffin etc.  They are still around but when I go can shopping there are A LOT more options.  Gemtech's market share is clearly smaller.

I am sort of surprised the collective hive-mind wasn't incensed by my categorization of AAC.  They are actually still putting out innovative products.  

Lack of innovation kills companies. But I don't care, you buy what you want.  
View Quote

15 years has given us the gun owner, not only a large selection of mfg to buy suppressors from. It's also given us how many places that sell lowers for $30 - 75 per.
12 years ago the options for a take apart 22 can were what 3 or 4? Now it's the industry standard when producing 22 cans. You left out Thunder Beast (TBA) Their market share is no where near SiCo, or would it be. They cater to the high end, long distance shooter. Do they have their product in the same number of stores SiCo or AAC , of course not. However their product is one of the best out there, for the market they cater to.

I stopped buying commercial cans last year, roll my own now. That's a market that could put a dent in suppressor sales across the board, eventually. Especially when i'm in to 3 cans for the price of 1 commercial unit, stamp cost excluded.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They are still around but when I go can shopping there are A LOT more options.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

GemTech has the largest product offering of anybody. In addition to the "niche" subgun market which few others cover (who else makes a MAC10 or Uzi can, and for a while UMP can), they offer ammo, BBLS, etc. No one else offers all this. SiCo is trying with ammo, and BBLs, but Gemtech has been doing it for a decade or more. And before they made ammo, Gemtech offered Dater subsonic 9mm recipe to homeload.

Your opinions are just not in line with the facts.

Quoted:
Gemtech's market share is clearly smaller.

When you post sales figures, then we will know who has what market share. Till then, it is make-believe.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
GemTech has the largest product offering of anybody. In addition to the "niche" subgun market which few others cover (who else makes a MAC10 or Uzi can, and for a while UMP can), they offer ammo, BBLS, etc. No one else offers all this. SiCo is trying with ammo, and BBLs, but Gemtech has been doing it for a decade or more. And before they made ammo, Gemtech offered Dater subsonic 9mm recipe to homeload.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's because they are opinions...  

Great Subgun cans.  But my regular old pistol cans work just fine on my MP5K.  I'm sure Gemtech's dedicated subgun cans work better but I'm not spending my money to check.  

I doubt Gemtech has a great market share for ammo or barrels (opinion.)  Again lots of options and few reasons to go Gemtech.  Everybody makes threaded barrels and the .22lr doesn't do anything CCI standard doesn't.  In fact I think it's made by CCI.  Their .300 black is great but I think that's a reloaders cartridge if it's going to be bought/shot in any quantity.

Gemtech is clearly a big company.  But I believe they are on a downward trend.  I just see less and less reasons to go Gemtech.  They have a robust marketing and distribution network and that helps.  But I don't see that lasting.  Look at their big releases at SHOT this year... Yawn.  

Again, this is my opinion.  And you know what they say about those.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I doubt Gemtech has a great market share for ammo or barrels (opinion.)
View Quote

Well I am not arguing with you, just point out some things you may not know. They pretty much have 100% of the market for drop-in Beretta 21 BBLs, and Sig Mosquito BBLs. They pretty much have 100% of market for fast attach/detach 22 adaptors. Need a Sig or P22 adaptor, again, that is Gemtech. And as mentioned, subguns, A2 mounts, they pretty much own that market too. And right now, they cannot make MIST-22 BBLs to keep up with demand, so that is another market they pretty much have a majority on IMO.

So there are a lot of products they make that nobody else makes.

Since they have been around so long, they have had some ups and downs, but I would say their product line is the best it has ever been right now.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

GemTech has the largest product offering of anybody. In addition to the "niche" subgun market which few others cover (who else makes a MAC10 or Uzi can, and for a while UMP can), they offer ammo, BBLS, etc. No one else offers all this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GemTech has the largest product offering of anybody. In addition to the "niche" subgun market which few others cover (who else makes a MAC10 or Uzi can, and for a while UMP can), they offer ammo, BBLS, etc. No one else offers all this.

Excuse my ignorance about subguns and subgun cans - are they actually different cans? Even if the attachment/thread pitch was different, why can't you use the same baffle design and just weld the appropriate back end on for a Mac, Uzi, UMP, etc?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Excuse my ignorance about subguns and subgun cans - are they actually different cans? Even if the attachment/thread pitch was different, why can't you use the same baffle design and just weld the appropriate back end on for a Mac, Uzi, UMP, etc?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Generally bigger and can take F/A abuse.

Current generation of pistol cans are very good for this role, but the larger volume of subgun cans makes them sound great.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#29]
This forum is full of Surefire and Silencerco fanboys. Gemtech, YHM, and AAC are all doing just fine.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

AAC are all doing just fine.
View Quote
Aquired by Freedom Group and just about everybody that worked there has been fired or defected.  Mostly to Sig.
Also discontinued the Tirant 9 which is still king on dbs (lots of people make their decisions on that.)

Not fine.

Btw I totally get the whole "forum fanboy" disdain.  But that's a real factor and it's only growing more important.  Younger guys go to this site and others to make their decisions.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Current generation of pistol cans are very good for this role, but the larger volume of subgun cans makes them sound great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bowers has a pretty significant presence and reputation in the subgun suppressor realm
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also like my .45 UMP can that Gemtech did for me with an UZI barrel nut mount.  Pretty compact, Full auto rated .45 UZI can.
http://www.c3junkie.com/uzi/magcatches/magcatches-1.jpg

View Quote

Looks like they mated the UMP can to a Mossad mount?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The GM45 pissed me off, too.   I can easily foresee poor sales on that one.  They shouldnt even have let that one go to market.   In my opinion, if your .45 can isnt "hearing safe" dry, you are five years behind the market.  
View Quote

Why is that? The GM45 is a short can, not a full size one. None of the 6"-ish 45 cans are hearing safe dry. It will sell just like the other smaller ones will as it performs the same as them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read your original post in this quote tree as: Gemtech makes multiple subgun cans for different subguns i.e. Mac, uzi, UMP. I can grasp why a subgun can is different than a pistol can but I was wondering why Gemtech would make multiple sugbun cans.
Maybe I'm misinterpreting.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Why is that? The GM45 is a short can, not a full size one. None of the 6"-ish 45 cans are hearing safe dry. It will sell just like the other smaller ones will as it performs the same as them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No doubt.   Just like the GM9 is a 1.25 inch can, so I dont expect Multimount level suppression out of it.  

However, Gemtech simply doesnt have a 45 can in their catalog that is hearing safe, dry.   I think they should square that away before they go down the "K can" road.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I read your original post in this quote tree as: Gemtech makes multiple subgun cans for different subguns i.e. Mac, uzi, UMP. I can grasp why a subgun can is different than a pistol can but I was wondering why Gemtech would make multiple sugbun cans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. Do not have an answer but those cans were designed during different periods so may it was based on customer req at time?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#39]
^^
Ahh, thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Trifecta mount is great, but its complex, easily misadjusted, and easy to install improperly.  

The Trifecta may be a more accurate mount, since it seats the can on a taper and has no slop, but its nowhere near as intutitive as the bilock.   Frankly, if absolute accuracy is your thing, the whole QD world will be sorely lacking.  

I know nothing about the 90T system either.   Of course, I never thought the wobble on the AAC cans was a big deal.   I only thought it was a problem if the can would back off.  
View Quote

Your'e kidding about the trifecta mount right? i mean really? How could you POSSIBLY install it improperly?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Aquired by Freedom Group and just about everybody that worked there has been fired or defected.  Mostly to Sig.Also discontinued the Tirant 9 which is still king on dbs (lots of people make their decisions on that.)

Not fine.

Btw I totally get the whole "forum fanboy" disdain.  But that's a real factor and it's only growing more important.  Younger guys go to this site and others to make their decisions.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aquired by Freedom Group and just about everybody that worked there has been fired or defected.  Mostly to Sig.Also discontinued the Tirant 9 which is still king on dbs (lots of people make their decisions on that.)

Not fine.

AAC still has a big part of the market. They've moved on with some of their best sellers, but that's to be expected. People laud SCO and others for making new products, but somehow AAC coming out with new products (admittedly very late) is a sign of their demise?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

AAC still has a big part of the market. They've moved on with some of their best sellers, but that's to be expected. People laud SCO and others for making new products, but somehow AAC coming out with new products (admittedly very late) is a sign of their demise?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not fine.

Can we say the illusion is a down grade? At least in a somewhat different subcategory?
What is their new flagship 556? SR7 or something? No typical in your face AAC marketing ensuring I know what the flagship is...
Is it at least as quiet as the M4-2k?
Neither here not there but why was their SPR discontinued? Lauded as the quietest 556 available.
Why try to sell the consumer "new coke" when coca cola is amazingly popular? It's borderline insulting to tell customers "51t wobble" is okay and then develop 90t.
And don't tell me AAC couldn't have two main 556 cans - see saker and specwar.

Anyone who argues AAC is no longer a major player most likely gets crayons for Christmas but their reputation has suffered. Ymmv
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not fine.

I'm just questioning why they discontinued the TiRant-9 but left the TiRant-9s still in production.

So what did they save by killing off the TiRant-9? They still have to make 9mm Ti-Rant baffles, they still have to make 9mm endcaps, they still have to make 9mm pistons and piston housings, they still have to source Titanium tubes for the 9s. The instruction manuals are the same ... so they don't have to cut the outer tube longer and might not need the bigger pouch for the TiRant 9?

Don't see why the TiRant-9 and Illusion couldn't coexist since they're still making pretty much all the 9mm TiRant parts.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm just questioning why they discontinued the TiRant-9 but left the TiRant-9s still in production.

So what did they save by killing off the TiRant-9? They still have to make 9mm Ti-Rant baffles, they still have to make 9mm endcaps, they still have to make 9mm pistons and piston housings, they still have to source Titanium tubes for the 9s. The instruction manuals are the same ... so they don't have to cut the outer tube longer and might not need the bigger pouch for the TiRant 9?

Don't see why the TiRant-9 and Illusion couldn't coexist since they're still making pretty much all the 9mm TiRant parts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not fine.

This way there is no choice and sometimes that's easier for the company.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:52:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Forgot sure fire and Templar tactical
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:12:09 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I'm going to guess he's talking about installing the can on the mount, not the mount on the barrel. That happens quite often to people on here, where they think it's locked on but it's not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your'e kidding about the trifecta mount right? i mean really? How could you POSSIBLY install it improperly?

I'm going to guess he's talking about installing the can on the mount, not the mount on the barrel. That happens quite often to people on here, where they think it's locked on but it's not.

It has happened to several people. I intentionally tried to get mine to lock improperly but it locked every time so I'm not sure what is happening to cause it.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

It has happened to several people. I intentionally tried to get mine to lock improperly but it locked every time so I'm not sure what is happening to cause it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, this is what Im referencing.  While my Trifecta-mount cans have had no issues, I had to help my local SOT fix one for a customer, as he was unfamiliar with the procedure to stagger the lock ring prior to assembly.  To make matters worse, his lock mechanism was tighter than any others Ive seen and would occassionally not fully seat.

I really do love the Trifecta.  I like that it seats on a taper, and when its properly seated, the lockup is superior to the other QD mounts out there.  The downside is the complexity of the mount and the fact that it must be properly configured prior to installation.  YHM, Gemtech, AAC, SWR, Griffin and Surefire mounts dont need this.  I am not familiar with the Rugged or Dead Air mounts yet.

There is something to be said for simplicity.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#49]
It really does seem like AAC has next to no online presence nowadays.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

It really does seem like AAC has next to no online presence nowadays.
View Quote
A lot of companies don't but it's a stark contrast with a few years ago.  Silencertalk was a thriving forum basically devoted to them.  I know next to nothing about the SR7 and SR5.  It's hard to find reviews on them.  Can you imagine that 5 years ago?

The Illusion is very interesting to me.  I'm waiting to see some reviews.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top