Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 9:38:38 PM EDT
Just tried taking my form 1 can apart to clean.  Got both ends of fairly easy but cannot get the baffles out.  It's an 8" titanium SDT tube with sealed power plugs.  I have about 200 rounds (sub sonic 300 blackout) through it and cannot believe how much build up there is.   I tried a socket but was afraid to hit any harder.  Also tried a piece of pvc pipe but that didn't work.  I tried to spray it down good with CLP and will let it sit overnight to see what happens.  Any recommendations on a product I could soak the entire can in?  I think it would be a little expensive to buy enough CLP to totally submerse it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
A good squirt of Kroil or a similar penetrating oil will help.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:14:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Honestly, why bother with a rifle can....it's just carbon and will only build up to a certain point before blowing out. But if you are so inclined, try soaking in automatic transmission fluid to clean it up. Then use a socket and long extension to bang them out. Though honestly, you risk more damage to the baffles removing them, than just leaving the baffles dirty.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly, why bother with a rifle can....it's just carbon and will only build up to a certain point before blowing out.
View Quote

This.

That's exactly what Silencerco says about why silencers in general don't need cleaning (not .22lr of course).
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]
My Octane baffles were sticking so I made a puller using PVC and a threaded rod. Works great
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My Octane baffles were sticking so I made a puller using PVC and a threaded rod. Works great
View Quote

With my octane I use a thin layer of high temp greese on the outside of the baffles. Never have a problem just sliding out when I go to clean them and my 9mm can never gets hot enough to burn off the greese.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:26:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just tried taking my form 1 can apart to clean.  Got both ends of fairly easy but cannot get the baffles out.  It's an 8" titanium SDT tube with sealed power plugs.  I have about 200 rounds (sub sonic 300 blackout) through it and cannot believe how much build up there is.   I tried a socket but was afraid to hit any harder.  Also tried a piece of pvc pipe but that didn't work.  I tried to spray it down good with CLP and will let it sit overnight to see what happens.  Any recommendations on a product I could soak the entire can in?  I think it would be a little expensive to buy enough CLP to totally submerse it.
View Quote

I like PB blaster. While it's soaking buy a foot long piece of delrin rod the OD as close as possible to the ID of the tube. Use this as your removable tool. If you cannot locate one close to the ID of the tube. Send me the delrin rod and i'll turn down to size for
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

With my octane I use a thin layer of high temp greese on the outside of the baffles. Never have a problem just sliding out when I go to clean them and my 9mm can never gets hot enough to burn off the greese.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a custom Octane / Trident 9mm suppressor and when  the baffles get stuck, I screw in the 1/2x28 thread mount and use the old Spectre pusher tool and a washer  to drive the baffles out.

ETA:  To the OP, maybe hit a little harder?  I would use a wooden dowel or a socket that just fits the ID of the tuber and a dead blow hammer/mallet.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.

That's exactly what Silencerco says about why silencers in general don't need cleaning (not .22lr of course).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, why bother with a rifle can....it's just carbon and will only build up to a certain point before blowing out.

This.

My experiences are different. Granted this was probably 8 to 10k before I started having chunks come loose and rattle around in the blast chamber. No there were not blowing out either

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top