Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2015 3:32:11 AM EDT
I am building a 10.5 inch 300BLK upper for my AR and I am wanting to pin and weld it. But I do not know many suppressors that can be pinned and welded, I know of the new Sig suppressors, Innovative Arms, and I believe a Griffin Armament, but is there any others that are out there? I was recently looking at a thunderbeast but didn't know if it could be perminatly attached.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:27:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll honestly never understand why people want to do this. It's such a waste.

Look at it this way: If you EVER want to use the suppressor on anything else... 308, another 300 blackout, maybe even a 5.56 or something... You will have to buy another suppressor, another $200 tax stamp, another wait, and by then, we might be paying $500 for a stamp. If something breaks or explodes, maybe a bad round or a high pressure hand load... If you ever need to change barrels, or maybe the suppressor takes a baffle strike... You will be stuck with a barrel with an attached suppressor you can never take off. That is a LOT of risk with so many parts attached permanently.

I get it, its your money, but you came here looking for advice, so here it is: Either register the SBR, or stick to legal barrel lengths. Those are the only sane options.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#2]
It really isn't a good idea.  You'd be much better off putting another $200 into it and being able to remove it.    The above post laid it out well, but if you are dead set on it the easiest ones are the ones you mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Why not look into TACSOL TSAR300 upper. Its a 9 inch barrel with a permanently mounted shroud for your direct thread suppressor to fit inside so it still maintains 16 inch OAL barrel. Haven't seen one in person  but looks like an option for some folks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Josh and Dr. Dater: do y maintain the same opinion for someone with a handful of rifle cans? I'll have 4 centerfire cans on hand by the end of summer. I'm strongly considering silver soldering a Trek ($295 Phoenix Dist.) to my 11.5" BCM and then rotating 3 other QD cans between 5-7 hosts. I'm not at all opposed to spending money on another registered lower but the real end goal is each host has a dedicated suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree with the rest, spend the $200 and make an SBR.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Spend at least $50 and perhaps as much as $150 to pin and weld a silencer, thereby losing the ability to use the silencer on any other hosts, all to avoid spending $200 on a tax stamp. That sounds logical.  

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is your property to do with as you wish. We recommend against silver solder or tig welding. You will destroy the hear treatment on the barrel end, adversely affecting group size. The silver solder ATF approves has a melting point of 1200+ deg F.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Josh and Dr. Dater: do y maintain the same opinion for someone with a handful of rifle cans? I'll have 4 centerfire cans on hand by the end of summer. I'm strongly considering silver soldering a Trek ($295 Phoenix Dist.) to my 11.5" BCM and then rotating 3 other QD cans between 5-7 hosts. I'm not at all opposed to spending money on another registered lower but the real end goal is each host has a dedicated suppressor.

It is your property to do with as you wish. We recommend against silver solder or tig welding. You will destroy the hear treatment on the barrel end, adversely affecting group size. The silver solder ATF approves has a melting point of 1200+ deg F.

I suppose that's as definitive as I need
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top