BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 102
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BMPRacing:

NICE! I have seen a few videos and it looks to be the real deal. I have a severe case of tinnitus in my right ear and use a Walker game ear when hunting. It doesn't help my hunting buddies though. My AEM5 will be hearing safe for everyone!

BTW RTUtah you inspired me to rattle can my RECCE rifle a couple years ago. Everyone though I was crazy, but I just friggin went for it. I got compliments all the time on it. It sets a guy apart from all the black guns at the range and puts you in an elite group. I also enjoy shooting tight groups out of a gun that looks beautifully worn.

Guy at the range: "Did you paint that?"
Me: "Yeah."
GATR: I wouldn't do that."
Me: "Why you don't like it?"
GATR: "It looks cool, but I just couldn't get myself to do it."
Me: "You just tape the good shit off and paint the rest. It's easy, you just hold the can wide open and don't look back!"
GATR: Laughing

I can't wait to spray the hell outta my MK12 Mod 0 and wear it off with use. Again thanks for the inspiration brother!

Sweetness!

Brad
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a quick question for the community.  I just purchased the necessary components to finish my SPR build for my AEM5.  When installing the muzzle break mount, it is OK to use the crush washer to install and time the mount? I know this is not a good idea with other suppressor mounts from other manufacturers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By m1garand30064:
I have a quick question for the community.  I just purchased the necessary components to finish my SPR build for my AEM5.  When installing the muzzle break mount, it is OK to use the crush washer to install and time the mount? I know this is not a good idea with other suppressor mounts from other manufacturers.
View Quote

Your're good to go with the crush washer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Your're good to go with the crush washer.
View Quote

Thanks! I love my AE30. I can't wait to hear the AEM5!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:46:27 AM EDT
[#5]
If you don't like crush washers, I make a spacer about the thickness of a crush washer that can be used in it's place, and then shimmed to time it.
RonA
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By k31user:
If you don't like crush washers, I make a spacer about the thickness of a crush washer that can be used in it's place, and then shimmed to time it.
RonA
View Quote

Thanks for the response Ron.  As long as you are sure a crush washer wont cause alignment issues and result in baffle strikes then I'm fine with a crush washer.  Thanks again, I love your products!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:39:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#7]
On muzzle mount suppressors, the thermal change could cause the crush washer to expand and contract making the mount slightly off center.

With the OPS/AE cans, the suppressor is pressed against the collar keeping it in place.

I'm not an expert, but that how I understand it in layman's terms.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:57:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm still waiting on mine from March 16th last year. Maybe I'll get it this month
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dinnertime:
I'm still waiting on mine from March 16th last year. Maybe I'll get it this month
View Quote

If that's when your form 4 was submitted then I would give them a call to check status of your form.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:

If that's when your form 4 was submitted then I would give them a call to check status of your form.
View Quote

I have, it's still pending.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Dinnertime:
View Quote

Wtf??!! I submitted 2 F1's in June and got 1 in December and the 2nd 2 weeks ago. Do they have people that only do F1's and others only do F4's? I know there's a shitload more F4's, so maybe they do?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Another technical question: how many revolutions should my AEM5 turn before it seats on the collar? I am worried the are too few revolutions.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Optimal is 8-10 revolutions. Military used 4 revolutons, but Ron felt even back then that would not result in the best alignment.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JAR-SPR:
Optimal is 8-10 revolutions. Military used 4 revolutons, but Ron felt even back then that would not result in the best alignment.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I just had a wonderful conversation with Ron. I want to let everyone know that I just received a brand new white oak armory SPR 18" upper yesterday and it had an incorrect step cut in the barrel. It was 2.25" instead of 2.4" causing the problem of too few revolutions when mounting the suppressor. Ron is kind enough to send me a collar that will correct the issue. Thanks to Ron for his outstanding customer service!! And thank you JAR-SPR for the information. You may have saved me and Ron a lot of trouble.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By movingalong:

What chassis is that?  Been looking for a chassis with a folding stock that is also field adjustable that is cheaper than a AX AICS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By movingalong:

What chassis is that?  Been looking for a chassis with a folding stock that is also field adjustable that is cheaper than a AX AICS
Pdc customs it a hella lot cheaper then a AI and I think it's leaps ahead. His chassis are multi steep not just a v block 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I know their is a long mk12 thread elsewhere but wanted to ask here.

At reason not to go with a PRI Mod0 for an AEM5? I don't care to get it close to clone correct but looking for a well put together upper that will run well with the AEM5 on it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Went back to the SOPMOD. It just balances so much better with that big M5 hanging off the end.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Went back to the SOPMOD. It just balances so much better with that big M5 hanging off the end.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111561/FullSizeRender-2-165077.JPG
View Quote

Can't wait to copy that fine thing. Waiting on the BA barrel to come back in stock and get my AEM5 in. I figured it was nose heavy, especially with the CAR stock you had.

Can't decide if I want to do that or a 12.5 mini recce with the can under a tube. How much added length does the AEM5 provide?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#21]
300blk / Ops 12th

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#22]
My new Vortex Diamondback tactical scope finally arrived and I have my build all finished.  Thanks again to Ron for all his help with the mounting solution.  It shoots like a dream.  My next step is to see what ammo it groups the best with.

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#24]
12.5 with AEM 5 ala Mr. Utah. Should have my Mod 1 style recce wrapped up soon too.

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
12.5 with AEM 5 ala Mr. Utah. Should have my Mod 1 style recce wrapped up soon too.

http://i.imgur.com/HgPcTKZ.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/jCUBk9d.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/eOeOUxN.jpg?2
View Quote
Sick! Looks great, bro. 
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Anytime talk to Ron lately?  I've been emailing to try and get a custom collar suggestion for my BCM barrel, but he hasn't written back in weeks, even when I follow up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By StevethePirate:
Anytime talk to Ron lately?  I've been emailing to try and get a custom collar suggestion for my BCM barrel, but he hasn't written back in weeks, even when I follow up.
View Quote
Send me an email and tell me to get off my backside and respond. I do apologize, it's a bit hectic here.

RonA
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Send me an email and tell me to get off my backside and respond. I do apologize, it's a bit hectic here.

RonA
View Quote
I was about to say, someone just tag him here
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:05:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _ERIK_] [#30]
Ron

As always phenomenal can. AE30 Rocks

.300WM is pleasant to shoot again and dinging steel way out is fun.

Best tone on a can since my Ops Inc 12th model.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By _ERIK_:
Ron

As always phenomenal can. AE30 Rocks

.300WM is pleasant to shoot again and dinging steel way out is fun.

Best tone on a can since my Ops Inc 12th model.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/112496/IMG-3198-188620.JPG
View Quote
Looks good. Happy to hear it's working well. I have always liked the sound of the larger capacity cartridges through the suppressor.
RonA
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#32]

RonA
View Quote
Will do! Thanks, and no worries, I'm never in a rush :)
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Will there ever be improved mounts, perhaps a locking version?

I know...they are already awesome...just wondering since hard use cans tend to vibrate loose in vehicles and whatnot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#34]
just purchased a aem5 today better start my holland build
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FedDC:

I know...they are already awesome...just wondering since hard use cans tend to vibrate loose in vehicles and whatnot.
View Quote
I've never ridden with my 16th model (oldest can) for a while other than a few road trips around GA/FL but never had it unscrew.

Also, have put my upper on a couple FA lowers as well as bumped almost a case of 5.56 through it in an afternoon with no loosening.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By FedDC:

View Quote
I've experienced an AE/Ops can backing off only one time.... I hadn't fully seated the collar during the install & when the locktite heated up... the collar slipped till it found the shoulder. If the collar is where it's supposed to be & the can is spun on tight.... it's not going to loosen up.

Side-note for Ron, sent an email your way awhile back asking if it was possible to drill my .22 12th out to .30 but hadn't heard back. Is this an option? The .30 12th sounds great on my 300BLK but it's way more can than necessary.. would be nice to shave some OAL & weight if the modification is doable.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 02Overlander:

I've experienced an AE/Ops can backing off only one time.... I hadn't fully seated the collar during the install & when the locktite heated up... the collar slipped till it found the shoulder. If the collar is where it's supposed to be & the can is spun on tight.... it's not going to loosen up.

Side-note for Ron, sent an email your way awhile back asking if it was possible to drill my .22 12th out to .30 but hadn't heard back. Is this an option? The .30 12th sounds great on my 300BLK but it's way more can than necessary.. would be nice to shave some OAL & weight if the modification is doable.
View Quote
I would also like to know. Personally, I doubt it because your Form-4 says ".22" on it. You would be required to do a new Form-1 to remanufacture it to ".30" caliber.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

I would also like to know. Personally, I doubt it because your Form-4 says ".22" on it. You would be required to do a new Form-1 to remanufacture it to ".30" caliber.
View Quote
My line of thinking as well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#39]
im working on piecing together a Mk12 Mod 1 clone in .308, already have pretty much everything already except the barrel and Aem 5

obviously i'd like the barrel setup to match the standard Mod 1 brake + collar setup, the Aem 5 will work on this configuration right?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#40]
If your barrel profile matches the one on our web site, you will need a standard collar with a .30 cal brake and shim kit. An AEM5-30 will then fit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#41]
This is the correct barrel for an AEM5, correct?

SPR Barrel BA
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#42]
It will work, but I would need to know the barrel dims. first. From muzzle to step should be 2.4". Diameter before step .725, diameter after step .749. Custom collars can be made to fit barrels that have dims. other than that.
RonA
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#43]
It will work, but I would need to know the barrel dims. first. From muzzle to step should be 2.4". Diameter before step .725, diameter after step .749. Custom collars can be made to fit barrels that have dims. other than that.
RonA
View Quote
Thanks, Ron.

And I'm assuming this one would be a perfect fit for my AEM5? 

http://ballisticadvantage.com/16-inch-223-wylde-tacgov-mid-length-ss-premium-barrel-ops12.html
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#44]
If it matches the drawing I described, yes. If it doesn't It will need a custom collar.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#45]
If anyone is interested I made an Allen Engineering / OPS INC suppressor group on Facebook.  It's called Allen Engineering / OPS INC Suppressor Owners. Figured it would be a convenient way to share pics and see these puppies in action.

-Kirby
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:26:13 AM EDT
[#48]
I have a 15th model that I've been using every once and a while with a Smith Enterprises vortex, and I'm about to rebarrel that rifle.   16" barrel.   Not sure if I want to go with the vortex again or back to the muzzle brake, since I plan to go back to shooting almost exclusively with the can.

Anyone have any additional experiences with flash hider mounts and blast baffle wear?   I suppose that if it comes down to it, I'm not likely to wear the thing out before getting a new stamp for another one...
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By boltcatch:
I have a 15th model that I've been using every once and a while with a Smith Enterprises vortex, and I'm about to rebarrel that rifle.   16" barrel.   Not sure if I want to go with the vortex again or back to the muzzle brake, since I plan to go back to shooting almost exclusively with the can.

Anyone have any additional experiences with flash hider mounts and blast baffle wear?   I suppose that if it comes down to it, I'm not likely to wear the thing out before getting a new stamp for another one...
View Quote
On a 16" barrel, it won't beat the baffles too much, according to most. My gripe with the Vortex is the tuning-fork ringing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:27:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Twitchy] [#50]
 By bradpierson26:
a reflex can on an 18" has to be pretty dang quiet
View Quote
Compare a MK12 with and without the AEM5.

Page / 102
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top