Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 3:40:21 PM EDT
Is $600 a good deal for an Octane 9?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's local and in stock, it's a decent deal.

I'm not sure if Cherokee has anymore $379 Octanes in stock, but you would need to add a piston ~$75 and pay your dealer's transfer fee (let's just use $75 as an average value) which would make it around $550 transferred to your local dealer. $50 is worth not having to wait 2-3 months on a Form 3.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I would buy locally for 600 all day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not sure if Cherokee has anymore $379 Octanes in stock, but you would need to add a piston ~$75 and pay your dealer's transfer fee (let's just use $75 as an average value) which would make it around $550 transferred to your local dealer. $50 is worth not having to wait 2-3 months on a Form 3.
View Quote

This would be for a fixed barrel so a piston won't be needed.  It would go on a cz scorpion evo
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This would be for a fixed barrel so a piston won't be needed.  It would go on a cz scorpion evo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

600 isn't bad but whats the evo thread pattern?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

18x1 RH
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

not a problem...

http://www.store.silencerco.com/products/thread-mount

Just pick the drop down for Scorpion...

I ordered one on like a Wed, by Friday afternoon it was in my mailbox...

Works like a Charm...  Zero issues...

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
May want to look into the revo 9 too. I remember someone saying the octane parts could fit the revo but need to find out for sure
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Noob question since I'm also looking to get into suppressors and wanting to get one for my CZ Scorpion too.

Any advantage/disadvantages between the SilencerCo Scorpion threaded mount or going with an aftermarket Tri Lug adapter?

Isn't the tri-lug mounting system faster and more desirable? Any drawbacks? Does it add extra length? I'm a bit confused
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#9]
You need a mount one way or the other, either a pistol mount with a spacer, a direct thread fixed mount, or a 3 lug fixed mount. Depends on how you intend to use your suppressor.

There's a whole internet out there with opinions
https://www.bing.com/search?q=scorpion+3+lug+vs+thread
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Noob question since I'm also looking to get into suppressors and wanting to get one for my CZ Scorpion too.

Any advantage/disadvantages between the SilencerCo Scorpion threaded mount or going with an aftermarket Tri Lug adapter?

Isn't the tri-lug mounting system faster and more desirable? Any drawbacks? Does it add extra length? I'm a bit confused
View Quote

It's faster, but there's the added cost of getting a 3-lug mount for your can if you don't already have one. The 3-lug adapter also adds length to the scorpion vs. a direct thread mount.

Some people have reported wobbling with various 3-lug mounts.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm probably going to fo on the Octane 9 this weekend if they still have it for $600
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top