Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2015 1:46:02 PM EDT
With the current long wait times to get a NFA tax stamp to get approved for a suppressor and as fast as sound suppression technology seems to be evolving by the time a person get their suppressor there could possibly be a new generation suppressor on the market or something better available by the time you get the particular suppressor you purchased a year prior.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there a question?

This is often discussed every year at SHOT show.
Everyone knows what they're getting themselves into
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything designed in the last 10 years really is still going to be towards the top of the list IMHO.

I mean my AAC M4-2000 mod 8 which was redesigned in 2008 is still a solid performer.

I wouldn't get wrapped around having to have the latest greatest in silencers. Not with the laws being the way they are
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Your splitting hairs. There are a ton a great cans that will continue to be great on the market currently. You'll always be chasing in this game.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait times are under 5-6mo now so not much is going to change except new product announcements here and there.
It seems most were answered during this years SHOT show.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#6]
This was more of an issue when wait times were >1yr. Now you can have the latest and greatest before the next SHOT show even rolls around. And (to a large extent) gone are the days of game-changing sound performance leaps. The can you buy in 2015 will probably be a solid performer in 2018. Something a little lighter, or a little smaller, or a little quieter will have come along, but you will still be satisfied with your purchase.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your splitting hairs. There are a ton a great cans that will continue to be great on the market currently. You'll always be chasing in this game.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Was there a thread on the suppressor forum that I missed specifically talking about suppressors and SHOT show 2015? I wanted to start a thread about this but didnt want to catch heat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you get pissed off when you buy a car but a new better model comes out before you are finished paying it off?  

Things will continually evolve and you cant hold it against the industry or company for continuing R&D.  Buy the best can available.  And as another poster above said, the benefits are becoming increasingly small with each new generation of can.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought this thread was going to cover why the wait times are so long even with the amount of technology available that would speed up the process.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't really care about the technology. I'm upset by seeing the same can for $100 less before I get it in my hand but that's the game.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don't really care about the technology. I'm upset by seeing the same can for $100 less before I get it in my hand but that's the game.
View Quote
Life's a bitch, but it is what it is in the NFA world...

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

And you can't resell the car you just bought for 80% of the purchase price. life sucks
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I personally don't see any new innovation as far as silencers. They are all the same other than material, mounting systems and the baffle stack up.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I personally don't see any new innovation as far as silencers. They are all the same other than material, mounting systems and the baffle stack up.
View Quote

What else is there?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What else is there?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What else is there?

Lol, yup
The 51t has been eclipsed, stellite blast baffles, swapping end caps, etc. lots of new advances
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lol, yup
The 51t has been eclipsed, stellite blast baffles, swapping end caps, etc. lots of new advances
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What else is there?

Lol, yup

SiCo alone has made huge jumps in suppressor technology and now Dead Air is adding to it.

Just look at the Salvo.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#18]
JJFU is already working on something new.

Edit: since this isn't GD, I'll add that the post above is sarcastic
towards JJFU.

I wouldn't worry about waiting for  latest and greatest. These
are mufflers, not microelectronics.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anything designed in the last 10 years really is still going to be towards the top of the list IMHO.

I mean my AAC M4-2000 mod 8 which was redesigned in 2008 is still a solid performer.

I wouldn't get wrapped around having to have the latest greatest in silencers. Not with the laws being the way they are
View Quote

This.  And OP's a guy who trains/uses the crap out of his cans.  

If it matters, I sort of panic-bought my 762SD thinking 18T was the end-all mounting system.  

By the time it was approved, 51T was already out.

At least I go in on the tail-end of AAC's "one free mount with every can" deal - that saved me about $90.

OP:  if you are worried about it, just get something like a Saker due to its versatility.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top