Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 11:10:11 PM EDT
So, do I send it in to fix it or just keep shooting it?

I stopped shooting it after it happened. I wish I would have fired it a bit more to see if, and how bad it affected accuracy. Does anyone have an idea on this?

I believe it happened because I had my cover on too tight and it managed to depress the latch and the can backed off a bit. That's my theory anyway.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#1]
call aac, I personally wouldn't keep shooting it. Don't know what caused that strike, could make it worse.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:37:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I would send it in. Hate to see baffles get tore up and make it worse.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#3]

I would send that in too.

I have a minor end cap strike and it hasn't effected anything. But that's a little more than minor IMHO

Let us know what happens
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent AAC en email last night and they responded today. They said if I wanted to send it in I could and they'd send me a label but they would need it sent in today or tomorrow because of their move. After that it would have to go to their new facility.

I chose to gently tap the damaged area with a hammer until it was back in shape. Everything looked good at this point so I tried some .223 thru it first. Everything was good so then I stepped up to 300 blk subs. Everything was still good. Checked the ammo I was shooting when the damage occurred for keyholing without the can and that seemed fine. Finally I checked the same setup as when the damage happened and everything was fine.

Accuracy seemed ok as well. Only did one 5 shot group at about 80yds off the bipod.

In the end it was definitely my fault. I knew the can had potential to come loose because i had the cover on too tight but I kept shooting. Everything seems normal so I will leave it as is until proven otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good to go to me!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks a lot better since you tapped it back down!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top