Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 7:56:41 PM EDT
I already have my sights set on a .30 cal, but I have no idea where to start.  Some things Im looking for:

-Ability to mount on both my 556 ar and an eventual 300BLK/7.62x39 platform
- Under $1k
- Preferably one that works on a wide variety of mounts.  I currently have an A2 on my AR.  I realize the chances of me having to buy a new muzzle device are high
-Light weight.  This will mainly be used during hog and coyote hunts, so Im not trying to lug around the heaviest can around.  If all other conditions are met and its on the heavier side, Ill manage.

Let me know what you guys think!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I highly recommend the saker 762. I picked mine up the other day and I cant be happier. Trifecta mounts are super fast and rock solid. Sound is amazing, 300 bo is stupid quiet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Saker 762
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yhm ULT

Fits all your needs plus if you will be hunting you will appreciate how light it is
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Go with a direct thread mount and you do not have to buy multiple mounts, just add a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 to your can and thread it on a 1/2x28 barrel.

That's what I do with my Gemtech Sandstorm, plus you will save a little money by not having to buy all the mounts.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Harvester. Won't break the bank and is a perfect lightweight can for hunting. You can also get 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 threadmounts.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#6]
OK I'm going to say it.  Omega!  Lightweight, thread on, QD and replacement end caps.

I don't have one and won't be buying one just saying.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Griffin Armament has a 30SD 762 QD Suppressor.  It can use A2 style hiders.  I do not know much about them so you will have to do some research on them.

Griffin Armament 30 SD

Personally, I would go with the Silencer Co Saker 762 with your parameters.  I was between the Saker 762 and Surefire 762 SOCOM RC.  I decided I am going with the Surefire, but they are $1k+ for both full size and "mini".  Silencershop has Saker 762 for roughly $800-900.  They have a multitude of different mounts you can use or direct thread on.  AAC 51T (an improvement over AAC's latching system), Trifecta (Silencer Co's QD mount), Yankee QD devices, ASR (Silencer Cos Specwar QD mounting system), and direct thread on.  Their Trifecta QD muzzle devices are $90 a piece too.  A lot cheaper than most other QD muzzle devices.

The Saker is very modular.  So you can add a 5.56 endcap on the Saker 762 to help reduce noise a bit.  You can also change your mounting system.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#9]
So $1250 with a stamp + transfer? Or $1k OTD?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I would highly suggest the Saker 762.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
SAKER 7.62

lucky you you live in texas and do not have to wait for a form 3.

http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/7-62mm-rifle/silencerco-saker-762.html?___SID=U

$1100 plus tax comes with one mount, interchangeable mounting adapters(which are a bit pricey but much cheaper than a new can) interchangeable endaps  to make a 556 quieter ( but I have no plan to do so due to the risk of forgetting which end cap is on).

Mine is on a form 3 which should clear any day now.  The omega is lighter, not sure if i believe its quieter but it is not as versatile with mounting.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I opted for the SilencerCo Omega as my first can. It is very light and short for a 7.62 can. It comes with the Specwar ASR mount and a direct thread mount. According to Silencer Shop, it is on par with the Saker 7.62 for dB reduction. A 5.56 end cap is also available.

The Saker is tougher, but it is also heavier and longer. The Specwar Flash Hider and Brake are also compatible with the Saker & Specwar if you decide you want another can in the future.

The Saker 7.62 is a great can, but if weight is an issue, look into the Omega.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#13]
advanced armament 7.62sdn6
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yhm ULT

Fits all your needs plus if you will be hunting you will appreciate how light it is
View Quote

I'll echo this one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Saker 762. It was my first and I chainsawed it
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#16]
After looking around a bit more, Im highly considering the YHM .30 LT  The mounts aren't that expensive, and I would only need 3 max.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
After looking around a bit more, Im highly considering the YHM .30 LT  The mounts aren't that expensive, and I would only need 3 max.

Thoughts?
View Quote

That was my first can. No complaints. Does what you want it to do.

I will say the ULT is considerably lighter (20oz vs 13oz) if you're going to be carrying it around a lot...but you'll have to decide if the cost is worth it.

The YHM mounts are readily available and affordable. You also have the option of buy a Saker down the road that will mount to them, or building a Form 1 can that will mount to them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Harvester. Won't break the bank and is a perfect lightweight can for hunting. You can also get 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 threadmounts.

View Quote
This would be just about my last choice and I have one. Great can but not for anything semi auto. I like the saker 762. Don't have any experience with the omega, but it is likely another good choice.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#19]
SWR 7.62 from silencer co. Its quiet on everything (stupid quiet on 300 blkout) and has a great price. The only thing is its a bit heavy compared to the Saker or the omega. I have not used the omega yet to make a comparison.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

This would be just about my last choice and I have one. Great can but not for anything semi auto. I like the saker 762. Don't have any experience with the omega, but it is likely another good choice.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How many mag dumps do you do when hog or coyote hunting?

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

None but it would be a lot easier to have a muzzle device on it as well

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would prefer having some form of muzzle device on my AR when not shooting suppressed. YMMV.

That said I would take a Saker. I have a stamp pending for a Harvester for a bolt gun and currently own an AAC 762SDN. Go with something you can throw over a muzzle device.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Go with a direct thread mount and you do not have to buy multiple mounts, just add a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 to your can and thread it on a 1/2x28 barrel.

That's what I do with my Gemtech Sandstorm, plus you will save a little money by not having to buy all the mounts.
View Quote

this...QD mounts are nothing but manufactures building in obsolesces into their product lines, your average US suppressor today will latterly last a lifetime, unfortunately within 5 years, most people with a QD can will be either surfing the EE or cannibalizing guns so that they can use their can on new rifles.

as long as your threads were not cut with worn out machinery, a thread on can is not going anywhere.

decide if you want a full size or compact can, and chose your manufacture, and that's it,
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#24]
I can tell you what not to get.

Don't get an SDN6 now that there are so many available other options.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

this...QD mounts are nothing but manufactures building in obsolesces into their product lines, your average US suppressor today will latterly last a lifetime, unfortunately within 5 years, most people with a QD can will be either surfing the EE or cannibalizing guns so that they can use their can on new rifles.

as long as your threads were not cut with worn out machinery, a thread on can is not going anywhere.

decide if you want a full size or compact can, and chose your manufacture, and that's it,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or they will be buying the mount for the can. And swap muzzle devices out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sure they can buy the mount if its available, problem is once a new generation of cans all too many manufactures lose interest in keeping up with legacy mounts.

1/2x28 or 5/8x28 direct thread will pretty much be guaranteed to come on every weapon that one may be interested in using it on
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I can tell you what not to get.

Don't get an SDN6 now that there are so many available other options.
View Quote

that can was so cool back in the day
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I would prefer having some form of muzzle device on my AR when not shooting suppressed. YMMV.

That said I would take a Saker. I have a stamp pending for a Harvester for a bolt gun and currently own an AAC 762SDN. Go with something you can throw over a muzzle device.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, gotta have some sort of muzzle device.

If I ever get into at ar-10 game, I might to bare on that with a thread protector, but my ar15 and which ever  I decide on next I would prefer a device of some sort.

Really leaning towards the YHM .30 LT (maybe ULT).  Im trying to convince my room mate (and hunting buddy) to go in on it with me.  We both have SBR plans as well,so might as well get it over with.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top