Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2015 9:59:01 PM EDT
Looking for the groups thoughs on lightweight rimfire suppressors. By lightweight, I mean less than 3 oz.

I'm seriously considering the Gemtech GM-22 for pistol use. Caliber will be limited to 22 LR. Any others worth considering. Don't know much about he GM-22.

I've got a Sparrow for my rifle setups.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
TBA Ti. It's also 22wrm & 17 rated.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The Warlock II is 3 ounces.  I just bought one to compliment my Sparrow, too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Looking for the groups thoughs on lightweight rimfire suppressors. By lightweight, I mean less than 3 oz.

I'm seriously considering the Gemtech GM-22 for pistol use. Caliber will be limited to 22 LR. Any others worth considering. Don't know much about he GM-22.

I've got a Sparrow for my rifle setups.
View Quote

Gemtech GM22 - 2.5 oz
Gemtech Outback IID - 2.7 oz

Silencerco Warlock - 3.0 oz

Thompson Wasp - 3.0 oz

Surefire Ryder 22-A - 3.1 oz

Thunderbeast Arms 22S-1 - 3.5 oz

AAC Prodigy: 3.6 oz

AAC Pilot 2: 3.75 oz

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Curious as to the entire matter of weight when it comes to rim fire cans. Honestly do,

To me a rimfire silencer should be quiet. Then easy to clean. Then priced right. Then weight.

Rimfire cans don't ride on tilt barrels. Nor is any of them even close to half a pound. Weight doesn't seem like it should matter.

If the OP wants a light can then he can do what ever he wants. Like I said- curiosity is peaked.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Curious as to the entire matter of weight when it comes to rim fire cans. Honestly do,

To me a rimfire silencer should be quiet. Then easy to clean. Then priced right. Then weight.

Rimfire cans don't ride on tilt barrels. Nor is any of them even close to half a pound. Weight doesn't seem like it should matter.

If the OP wants a light can then he can do what ever he wants. Like I said- curiosity is peaked.
View Quote

Makes a big difference on a pistol, which is what OP is looking for. He already has a high quality durable quiet suppressor with the Sparrow, and is looking for one to add.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:11:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the Liberty Essence and the AAC Element2.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:01:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He already has a high quality durable quiet suppressor with the Sparrow, and is looking for one to add.
View Quote

2 out of 3 ain't bad.  

OP- buy something quiet on a handgun. Element 2 or Essence.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most of the popular cans are quiet.

Almost all are easy to clean.

Prices vary.

Weight is not an issue if put on a Rifle Steel BBL. but on short BBL pistol folks do not want it to be front heavy.

That is how I see it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Gm-22 I have one and love it, I also have a sparrow ans warlock.
Do it you won't be disappointed
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#10]
So is the GM22 queiter? It's says 41 db on ss website and the warlock is like 36-39 is that the noise level or what it reduces it by? Not trying to hijack op looking for a light weight for the kids myself. Thank you
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
So had anyone weighed their suppressor after 700 or so rounds?
Mine started at the ~7(sisco says 6.8 scale said 6.9) spectre  ii but before a cleaning after about 1-2k rounds it was 10.3oz.... For the math impaired ~3-4oz of crap in the baffles... (Winchester white, cci sv cciQ fed white box). After cleaning can still sits at 7.2oz-7.6oz(we are talking just knocking out the massive caked in stuff and leaving that thin film.)

So if you want to save 3oz on weight you could just not use a mag and single feed it or change your host weapon... You will never get you can back to the weight of when it was new unless you religiously clean it. That is hard to do with aluminum baffles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top