Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2015 5:56:39 PM EDT
Did AAC release anything new at shot show? I haven't heard anything from them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Mercury, Illusion, Aviator2, TiRant45M were all new or recently announced.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 played with them all, I love the illusion.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mercury, Illusion, Aviator2, TiRant45M were all new or recently announced.
View Quote

How is that possible when they're closing their doors?

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
No new 5.56 or 7.62 cans?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, nothing at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Considering their newest ones just hit the shelves this should surprise no one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe they also have their own brake shield that they were showing during SHOT.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Almost positive all of those were shown before shot.  Wish they did a TiRant 9m I would have been interested in that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Almost positive all of those were shown before shot.  Wish they did a TiRant 9m I would have been interested in that.
View Quote

Semantics
They were "shot show" releases. Why release a product at SHOT with every other swinging dick and risk getting passed over? Release it 10 days prior and you get all the attention for at least 48hrs
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Semantics
They were "shot show" releases. Why release a product at SHOT with every other swinging dick and risk getting passed over? Release it 10 days prior and you get all the attention for at least 48hrs
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Semantics

Pretty soon everyone will be doing it and SHOT will become completely irrelevant
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think this was the result of some military trial, same as the K model 45 cans from SiCo. The 45M is more versatile as well since it still can be used on 9 as well as adjust for length. I want one go go with the new LWRC 45 carbine!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I need to know when I can buy a 45M.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Almost positive all of those were shown before shot.
View Quote

Yes most vendors have wised up and realized waiting till SHOT week is a losing marketing move. If folks do not know you have new stuff, they may not bother to stop by at all, or if they do they may miss it. Now they all pre-announce and you know what booths to hit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Very cool looking blast shield.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully most if not all of these products will make it to market and won't end up like a Ranger 3 or the SR5. I'd be interested in the 45 M and the blast shield for sure.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hopefully most if not all of these products will make it to market and won't end up like a Ranger 3 or the SR5. I'd be interested in the 45 M and the blast shield for sure.
View Quote

I emailed them a couple of months ago regarding a blast shield after shooting a 10.5" with the brakeout. They told me they had no plans for such a device. Lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I emailed them a couple of months ago regarding a blast shield after shooting a 10.5" with the brakeout. They told me they had no plans for such a device. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.  KInda disappointed in their response.  I ended up just ordering one of the Simplistic Shooting Solutions – QD Brake Shields.  Thier loss.  Works great. Not huge on the set screw, BUT it works, and better than nothing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, I'll be all over that.  Was planning to buy one of the Simplistic Shooting Solutions shields but like the attachment method better on the AAC model.  Hopefully it's not ridiculously priced.  Any word on what it'll cost?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I just want some info on the honey badger but nobody seems to be posting anything about when its coming out for civilian sales. Anybody see it at the show?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just want some info on the honey badger but nobody seems to be posting anything about when its coming out for civilian sales. Anybody see it at the show?
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep, I'll be all over that.  Was planning to buy one of the Simplistic Shooting Solutions shields but like the attachment method better on the AAC model.  Hopefully it's not ridiculously priced.  Any word on what it'll cost?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you have the noveski  pig which retails around 125 and silencerco madd muzzle break device which is around 200 to 250 I believe. I would be shocked if this thing was under $200, Which I guess is smart because 200 to 250 is about the most I would pay for it. And at that price I would only buy one to move around on different firearms if needed
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#23]
If it's at or around 200 I'll pass.  Id probably pass at 150 even.  125 and we're talking.  It's not a need item, just a want.  The Mini 4 I'm waiting on will be mounted most of the time anyways.  You're probably right on your price estimate though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#24]
It's highly unlikely they price their new blast shield below what their brakes run.

Regardless, I'm gonna be all over this.

Guessing it'll be somewhere in the $200s. $199 would make me happy though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#25]
The SR5 and SR7 were both there. The 90T mounts are waay better and more solid than the 51T too. There is no movement between teeth on those when installed. The Illusion looks cool too. They are also switching the MPW line over to use a new rail. Kind of looked like a Remington defense model, with little triangular holes along it's length instead of Keymod plug-ins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top