Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 1/12/2015 1:17:10 PM EDT
Just saw the e-mail release about this can.  Never thought I'd want another .30 cal can after the Specwar, but at 2" shorter, better suppression and 10 oz (yes 10) lighter, here I am contemplating another stamp...

SiCo Omega Release

Omega Spec Sheet
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Do want!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to have to start buying new guns to keep up with my suppressors.  Isn't it usually the other way around?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The stamp count is going up here too!

Looks like I can use with my ASR or Trifecta MAAD Mounts?

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
It's for sale at Silencershop.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The stamp count is going up here too!

Looks like I can use with my ASR MAAD Mount.

View Quote

Looks like you may be right and they'll manage to satisfy everyone with the 3 mounting options.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
So how's the video? Can't watch it since I don't have Flash/java on my mobile devices.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So how's the video? Can't watch it since I don't have Flash/java on my mobile devices.
View Quote

Here you go

SilencerCo: Omega: http://youtu.be/2HmiW3WDWGE
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still sporting a half chub over the specs compared to the Specwar.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Here you go

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here you go

Interdasting... thanks for the link!

Soooo, anybody know what the blue label price is going to be?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#12]
nm
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here you go

lol, butthurt was flowing, a week too early though unless they sell out at SilencerShop I am grabbing next week
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Thanks Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Some other pics of it for your viewing pleasure. And a pic of the removable front cap that I was talking about.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Those DB levels are amazing for such a small can.

Hoping they come out with a Saker mount as the rear looks just like a Saker when the MAAD mount is off.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Would you have to use specwar 556 mount if you wanted to not direct thread.

Really shocked its cheaper than the saker
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Annoyed it will not work on a saker trifecta mount other wise I'd be In
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I will have this can.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Now What to do! Saker or Omega???
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Kind of sad I just bought a Saker K to go with my Saker 762.. I would have bought an Omega instead. Just have to buy it anyway
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hoping they come out with a Saker mount as the rear looks just like a Saker when the MAAD mount is off.
View Quote

seriously. I can't wrap my head around the idea of this not accepting MAAD modules. Why in the world would you move away from the newest, "bestest", one hand on/off, mount that you just sold a ton of to go back to limiting the new greatest/"bestest" to direct thread and ASR? I don't buy the whole, competing with Saker sales hypothesis... they make Saker ASR MAAD modules! The Saker 762 came out less than, what 9-10 months ago... that's a fraction of a second in the NFA world, the very first Saker 762's were getting into consumer hands about a month or two ago.

The elephant in the room: Will the Omega accept MAAD modules?

Elephant Jr in the room: If no MAAD module, will there be a Trifecta mount for the Omega?

Big ball/dick swingin alpha male elephant in the room: If no to #1, or no to both, or ambiguous "we don't have plans"/"maybe"... WHY? Physical limits, business decision, "whatevs"... WHY?

Answers, damnit! I demand them!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Elephant Jr in the room: If no MAAD module, will there be a Trifecta mount for the Omega?
View Quote

It's using the direct thread and ASR mounts like the Harvester. Not sure if they're compatible or not.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I fent at Silencershop.  Serial number OMG-13XX.  It looks like Silencerco did a good job of getting these out to the retailers as Silencershop already submitted the form 3 to my local dealer which I am assuming means Silencershop already has these in inventory.  I am surprised at the relatively high serial number meaning they have been producing these for a while to fill up the distributors.  I picked up a Harvester a month or so after they came out and the serial number was only in the 200's.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#27]
by far the worst part about the motherfucking nfa is after waiting 4+ months for your stamp, the thing you bought has already been superseded
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's using the direct thread and ASR mounts like the Harvester. Not sure if they're compatible or not.

They are.

Meaning exactly what?

I definitely wasn't clear in my post. I meant (and maybe that's what you assumed) that I wondered if you unscrewed a DT or ASR mount from a Harvester, would it screw into the Omega?

Are you confirming they're essentually the same part? (Which are different from the DT and ASR MAAD mounts)

Just wanted to make sure nobody thought I was asking if a MAAD mount could be screwed into an Omega or a Harvester.

just read where Silencer Shop posted it uses the Harvester Big Bore mounts, so I guess that clears it up a bit
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I fent at Silencershop.  Serial number OMG-13XX.  It looks like Silencerco did a good job of getting these out to the retailers as Silencershop already submitted the form 3 to my local dealer which I am assuming means Silencershop already has these in inventory.  I am surprised at the relatively high serial number meaning they have been producing these for a while to fill up the distributors.  I picked up a Harvester a month or so after they came out and the serial number was only in the 200's.
View Quote

You sound like me I just bought a Harvester a month ago my s.no. is low and I mean under 15 low.  I will be considering one of these.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

seriously. I can't wrap my head around the idea of this not accepting MAAD modules. Why in the world would you move away from the newest, "bestest", one hand on/off, mount that you just sold a ton of to go back to limiting the new greatest/"bestest" to direct thread and ASR? I don't buy the whole, competing with Saker sales hypothesis... they make Saker ASR MAAD modules! The Saker 762 came out less than, what 9-10 months ago... that's a fraction of a second in the NFA world, the very first Saker 762's were getting into consumer hands about a month or two ago.

Big ball/dick swingin alpha male elephant in the room: If no to #1, or no to both, or ambiguous "we don't have plans"/"maybe"... WHY? Physical limits, business decision, "whatevs"... WHY?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its got to fit the MAAD module it would be stupid engineering if it didn't.  Iguess by what the NFALAwyers posted its the same mount off the Harvester Big bore.  Well thats.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Its got to fit the MAAD module it would be stupid engineering if it didn't.  Iguess by what the NFALAwyers posted its the same mount off the Harvester Big bore.  Well thats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what frightens me is the thought that they decided the trifecta mount sucks, and are moving toward the ASR as a universal system
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Let me know if I"m off basis.

Shouldn't this Omega can be considered the Specwar K can?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#34]
In December I bought a Saker and it's still in jail.

Damnit, this one even comes with the direct thread mount, which you have to get separately with the Saker.

Oh well
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I've been eyeing the Saker 7.62 but this seems like it's such a better deal so I'm thinking I'm going to pull the trigger on this one!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Looking at the JPEG shots of the Omega information that was posted here a few days ago, it says "Stellite blast baffle and titanium tube offer exceptional durability".

So does this mean that the rest of the stack is stainless steel? (whereas the Saker and Specwar say "Saker baffles are made from Stellite" and "Stellite baffle stack" respectively)

My crack dealer just wrote back that he will be signing up for the blue label program... so I guess this means I'll be waiting.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Is SS offering the blue label pricing? will they? If so, does anyone know when and what discount will be? I'm really considering ordering one up today. Im already down with the Specwar platform as I have a Specwar 7.62, 5.56 and 2 more 5.56's pending. For me this decision is pretty easy as the Omega works with the Specwar mounts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Same as NFAlawyer, I have seen it, played with it (but not shot it), and talked to them about it and was very impressed. It will be coming with 3 mounting options included in price and I believe will soon have a flush fitting end cap. With the flush fitting end cap and using a direct thread mount...it's the same size as the K versions.

I will be getting one, hope this helps!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#39]
I must own one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#40]
So, is SilencerCo going to discontinue the Saker.

Looks like the Omega has better specs for a better value, except for not being ultra mag rated like the Saker. If someone wants to shoot ultra mags then they can get the Harvester.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#41]
It looks awesome. But if you already have a Saker762, what does this offer besides being a bit shorter and a bit quieter?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#43]
talking to some of the guys, is there any reason to not get this one over the saker? I wsa gonna buy the saker last week but held off to see new products
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's almost as light as the harvester.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks awesome. But if you already have a Saker762, what does this offer besides being a bit shorter and a bit quieter?

It's almost as light as the harvester.

Ah, there it is. That's something.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
talking to some of the guys, is there any reason to not get this one over the saker? I wsa gonna buy the saker last week but held off to see new products
View Quote

I bought a Saker in December. If I had just waited I would have bought the Omega instead.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#47]
I bought the Specwar 762 as soon as it was released...now I must have this can. Alas, my wife has put the kibosh on all things NFA
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm glad it comes with a removal cap, the harvester looking one is fucking ugly.
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Wonder what the minimal barrel lengths might be for this can? Cant seem to find that info
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top