Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2014 7:31:20 PM EDT
So I am just about finished with my 18" SPR build and want to choose a suppressor for it. I have narrowed my choices down to the Surefire SOCOM 556 RC and the SilencerCo Saker 5.56. Anybody have any experience with these and what would you recommend? Im looking for minimal POI shift

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking at the cans you've chosen. If you have a bunch of Surefire mounts on your rifles already, I'd go with the Surefire. If you have a bunch of 51t AAC mounts, then I would get the Saker with 51t module. If you're not worried about mounts and will get them, I'd get the Specwar K. Or see if the shop mentioned in another thread still has the standard Specwar for $400. Link
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking at the cans you've chosen. If you have a bunch of Surefire mounts on your rifles already, I'd go with the Surefire. If you have a bunch of 51t AAC mounts, then I would get the Saker with 51t module. If you're not worried about mounts and will get them, I'd get the Specwar K. Or see if the shop mentioned in another thread still has the standard Specwar for $400. Link
View Quote

I don't have any mounts because I was waiting to see what suppressor I would end up choosing. This will be my first rifle suppressor. But is the Specwar just as durable as the Saker? Cause I may also use it on a sbr build that I have coming up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I own both, I prefer SF.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I own both, I prefer SF.
View Quote

How is the POI shift on both?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My Surefire is my favorite can.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't have any mounts because I was waiting to see what suppressor I would end up choosing. This will be my first rifle suppressor. But is the Specwar just as durable as the Saker? Cause I may also use it on a sbr build that I have coming up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Saker is a shortened Specwar with a changeable mount on the back.  Per Silencerco the Specwar is quieter and just as strong.  Saker is more versatile.  Me, I've gone Surefire.  I'll probably add a Saker 762 to the collection at some point though....
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:13:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I own both, I prefer SF.
View Quote

Can you elaborate?

I was thinking of buying a Saker but if you like the surefire better I'm curious why?

I have a surefire and aac M4-2000 and the aac is better imo
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I own both, I prefer SF.

Surefire is very minimal, Saker is about 1 MOAish and somewhat repeatable.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:12:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can you elaborate?

I was thinking of buying a Saker but if you like the surefire better I'm curious why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I own both, I prefer SF.

Can you elaborate?

Better mounting system and repeatability. The Saker's mount is lacking.

ETA: The blowback difference is rediculous. Saker is soooo gassy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:28:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I got my Saker 7.62 last week and did some testing.

The full size 7.62 SF SOCOM can is significantly louder than the Saker.

The SF can has a simpler mount with fewer parts, but if I could only own one 7.62 can, I wouldnt even consider a Surefire.  It wouldnt be on the list at all.  For 7.62, the Saker and 762 SD/SDN6 are the quietest QD options Im aware of.

I dont have first hand experience comparing the 556 versions side by side, but Im going to guess that its similar.  Those Surefire cans ae tough and well made, just loud.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:34:35 AM EDT
[#11]
My first criteria isn't for sound performance for centerfire cans. Full disclosure.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:47:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I own both, I prefer SF.

Can you elaborate?

Lacking what exactly?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:03:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I have to wonder how the forthcoming Sandman line of cans will compare...?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My first criteria isn't for sound performance for centerfire cans. Full disclosure.
View Quote
Understood.  In fact, its arguable that sound attenuation is the least important factor sometimes.

Surefires mount is one of the many reasons they get government sales.  Simplicity is a benefit in and of itself.  The complexity of the Saker mount adds room for POI change and user error.  However, it certainly is nice to have the MAAD features if you have a large collection of hosts and older competitors cans.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I only own the Socom 556 RC and I really like it. To my eyes from the shooting i've done the there is no POI shift on my particular setup. The mount is rock solid, simple, and it works. 5.56 is loud so if your chasing db's that's a lost cause.  My only gripe with the can is, is once it gets hot, it can be a tad difficult to get off... But with that being said just let it cool down and all is well. (Someone recommended the fireclean treatment which I will put to the test on Jan 2)

I can't comment on the Silencerco as i've only shot one at a store demo. Seems like a great product
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I only own the Socom 556 RC and I really like it. To my eyes from the shooting i've done the there is no POI shift on my particular setup. The mount is rock solid, simple, and it works. 5.56 is loud so if your chasing db's that's a lost cause.  My only gripe with the can is, is once it gets hot, it can be a tad difficult to get off... But with that being said just let it cool down and all is well. (Someone recommended the fireclean treatment which I will put to the test on Jan 2)

I can't comment on the Silencerco as i've only shot one at a store demo. Seems like a great product
View Quote

Except it isn't just a few decibels. The 7.62 was so loud Silencershop omitted it from their comparison because they thought something was wrong with it. If I wanted a can that loud I'd be using a mini.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lacking what exactly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I own both, I prefer SF.

Can you elaborate?

Lacking what exactly?

I specifically am speaking to the trifecta mount. They rushed it to market, it was supposed to be much better. There have been numerous occasions when the mount gets stuck or you have to use the included tools to get it to come off.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Except it isn't just a few decibels. The 7.62 was so loud Silencershop omitted it from their comparison because they thought something was wrong with it. If I wanted a can that loud I'd be using a mini.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That same old rhetoric huh? Sample size of 1 does not hold true for all their cans.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My whole post was in reply the the 556 can the OP mentioned
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That same old rhetoric huh? Sample size of 1 does not hold true for all their cans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you saying the can Silencershop tested was defective? OR their test was defective? And yes I'm speaking of the 7.62 not the 5.56.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Check out Thunderbeast too. If the CB cans had been available when I bought, I would have gotten that instead of a SF.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are you saying the can Silencershop tested was defective? OR their test was defective? And yes I'm speaking of the 7.62 not the 5.56.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cannot speculate because I wasn't there or handled that can but it's ridiculous to base that all SOCOM cans are louder because of one test. I own both and to my untrained ear I cannot tell a difference. Not scientific but a lot more credible than a YouTube video.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I cannot speculate because I wasn't there or handled that can but it's ridiculous to base that all SOCOM cans are louder because of one test. I own both and to my untrained ear I cannot tell a difference. Not scientific but a lot more credible than a YouTube video.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I'll trust the guys at Silencershop and their metering equipment  over your untrained ear but thanks for your opinion. But you are right, it isn't fair to base all the Socom cans on the performance of the 7.62. The 5.56 Socom did fine in there test video other than a 146dB frp. I'd love to see a side by side of the Saker K and Socom 5.56.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Fair enough.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong. Tests by professionals with thousands of dollars worth of sound equipment beat one dude giving it the ear test.

Also remember I am fairly certain sure fire doesn't release their internal decibel tests with their cans. hint. hint.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#26]
So much hate against SF, it's funny.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not hating on Surefire. They make excellent cans and they have an excellent mounting system. But from the testing I've seen they are louder than many competitors. They also demand a premium price over the other competitors for both cans and mounts.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:40:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate on them a little because they have outrageous pricing and the company is pretty cocky about their products. they really try and shove the socom gov selected thing in people's faces too. Like seriously sf, we got it.
Plenty of gemtech and AAC keepin us safe at night too.

They make some great products, and they make some OK products. I carry a surefire light with me every day, but I prefer my AAC sdn6 and m4-2000 to any sf cans.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:05:07 AM EDT
[#29]
I prefer my SF can over my AAC one. I can shoot all day on auto and not worry about the mounting of my cans.

I'm not aiming for the quietest can though either. I wanted a tank and good mounting. I do agree they are priced at a premium which sucks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:59:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I specifically am speaking to the trifecta mount. They rushed it to market, it was supposed to be much better. There have been numerous occasions when the mount gets stuck or you have to use the included tools to get it to come off.
View Quote

Have you used one? I have a Saker 556 and 762 and their mounts are not lacking in anyway.  Quite the opposite actually, they a very good mounts and easy to use.  I am only aware of the getting stuck issue occurring when allowing the suppressor to cool all the way down before trying to remove it.  It's mostly due to the tight tolerances they are machined to and as you use it more it becomes less likely to happen.  It's also very easy to get it off by shooting a few rounds to warm it back up or a couple of whacks with the palm of your hand and it will pop right off.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Have you used one? I have a Saker 556 and 762 and their mounts are not lacking in anyway.  Quite the opposite actually, they a very good mounts and easy to use.  I am only aware of the getting stuck issue occurring when allowing the suppressor to cool all the way down before trying to remove it.  It's mostly due to the tight tolerances they are machined to and as you use it more it becomes less likely to happen.  It's also very easy to get it off by shooting a few rounds to warm it back up or a couple of whacks with the palm of your hand and it will pop right off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surefire cans can also get stuck. Certainly isn't unique to the Saker.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:19:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm not hating on Surefire. They make excellent cans and they have an excellent mounting system. But from the testing I've seen they are louder than many competitors. They also demand a premium price over the other competitors for both cans and mounts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That silencershop test is literally the only one I have found that shows that disparity. Typically, SF suppressors are 1-3dB louder than their competition at the muzzle. This is usually because Surefire suppressors in some cases have a larger bore ID, and are typically smaller and lighter than the competitors, such as when comparing the full-size 5.56 Surefire 556 against the full-size M4-2000. You will note the AAC can is slightly larger, heavier, and quieter. My data has come from competitors of SF, SF, independent tests from random owners, and personal experience with my admittedly untrained ears.

What I CAN tell you is that SF is NOTICEABLY less gassy. Even their legacy suppressors were. I had a Noveske 14.5" gun with a switchblock. Noveske does all of their SB calibration (or did at that time) with the M4-2000 suppressors. My rifle had to be CLEAN to function suppressed on the suppressed setting, and when it wasn't flawlessly clean, I got FTRB's. Shooting 5.56 in it, it cycled extremely soft. Reliability was an issue. Further, Noveske recommended 1 buffer lighter with the Surefire suppressors on their 300BLK rifles, IIRC, than with the AAC suppressors.

That said, across the board, Surefire is also quieter at the ear than most competitors. Green0 on here even posted a test which concluded as much, and we all know that  Green0 isn't shy about taking a shot at Surefire if he feels it's legit. The reduced backpressure of the SF suppressors causes less ejection port noise, less fouling, and reduces wear on the operating system.

To me, the quieter signature at the shooter's ear, the increased reliability, and the smaller, lighter suppressor with a great mounting system is THE way to go, vs. chasing "1m left of the muzzle dB numbers" when the bullet flight is 150dB in and of itself. Sadly, most testing is done with the "1m to the left of the muzzle"  protocol, and while this does offer a data-point, it is not the data-point that the shooter will be affected by. For example, I almost bought an AAC SPR/M4, the huge reflex can...until I saw independent data that showed it as louder to the shooter's ear than their MINI can! People can get all wrapped up around the wrong numbers for their purpose sometimes. Now, that is not to say that low muzzle dB doesn't have its place, but if I had to pick whether I wanted 133dB at the muzzle and 143dB at the ear, or 138dB at the muzzle and 140dB at the ear...I'd pick the latter. Those numbers also, as I stated, hint at lower back-pressure, and all the benefits thereof, as well.

YMMV, and everyone has a different reason for their preferences.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
That silencershop test is literally the only one I have found that shows that disparity. Typically, SF suppressors are 1-3dB louder than their competition at the muzzle. This is usually because Surefire suppressors in some cases have a larger bore ID, and are typically smaller and lighter than the competitors, such as when comparing the full-size 5.56 Surefire 556 against the full-size M4-2000. You will note the AAC can is slightly larger, heavier, and quieter. My data has come from competitors of SF, SF, independent tests from random owners, and personal experience with my admittedly untrained ears.

What I CAN tell you is that SF is NOTICEABLY less gassy. Even their legacy suppressors were. I had a Noveske 14.5" gun with a switchblock. Noveske does all of their SB calibration (or did at that time) with the M4-2000 suppressors. My rifle had to be CLEAN to function suppressed on the suppressed setting, and when it wasn't flawlessly clean, I got FTRB's. Shooting 5.56 in it, it cycled extremely soft. Reliability was an issue. Further, Noveske recommended 1 buffer lighter with the Surefire suppressors on their 300BLK rifles, IIRC, than with the AAC suppressors.

That said, across the board, Surefire is also quieter at the ear than most competitors. Green0 on here even posted a test which concluded as much, and we all know that  Green0 isn't shy about taking a shot at Surefire if he feels it's legit. The reduced backpressure of the SF suppressors causes less ejection port noise, less fouling, and reduces wear on the operating system.

To me, the quieter signature at the shooter's ear, the increased reliability, and the smaller, lighter suppressor with a great mounting system is THE way to go, vs. chasing "1m left of the muzzle dB numbers" when the bullet flight is 150dB in and of itself. Sadly, most testing is done with the "1m to the left of the muzzle"  protocol, and while this does offer a data-point, it is not the data-point that the shooter will be affected by. For example, I almost bought an AAC SPR/M4, the huge reflex can...until I saw independent data that showed it as louder to the shooter's ear than their MINI can! People can get all wrapped up around the wrong numbers for their purpose sometimes. Now, that is not to say that low muzzle dB doesn't have its place, but if I had to pick whether I wanted 133dB at the muzzle and 143dB at the ear, or 138dB at the muzzle and 140dB at the ear...I'd pick the latter. Those numbers also, as I stated, hint at lower back-pressure, and all the benefits thereof, as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to clarify, you are only comparing the 5.56 cans, right?

The disparity between the 30 cal SOCOM can and the SDN6/Saker 7.62 is fucking huge.  Im not talking about minor, questionable differences.   Im talking about the sort of difference you have between FRP and the following shots on a pistol can.   The difference you have between shooting in a field and shooting in a canyon.  

Im not referencing the Youtube video, either.   Im talking about real life comparisons between several hosts and several competitors.  The SF cans are very nice, but they arent quiet by the standards of their competition at the ear or behind the firing line.  

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The disparity between the 30 cal SOCOM can and the SDN6/Saker 7.62 is fucking huge.  Im not talking about minor, questionable differences.   Im talking about the sort of difference you have between FRP and the following shots on a pistol can.   The difference you have between shooting in a field and shooting in a canyon.  

Im not referencing the Youtube video, either.   Im talking about real life comparisons between several hosts and several competitors.  The SF cans are very nice, but they arent quiet by the standards of their competition at the ear or behind the firing line.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have both 762SOCOM suppressors (mini and full-size). I have fired the full-size SOCOM using 300BLK VorTx supersonic ammunition. It sounded similar to my suppressed 5.56, maybe a little quieter due to less ejection port noise due to the pressure curve of the 300BLK. Beyond that, I cannot speak for their performance from a personal standpoint. I can tell you that independent metering results for the 762SS compared favorably with other 762 cans. I do not have independent data for the 762SOCOM except what Silencershop has provided, which, IMO, is questionable at this time in its validity.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#35]
I have shot both in testing,
The Saker is quieter, better mount & mount opinions.
the Saker is also a stronger can.
The shaker is less $$ to.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You obviously missed the part where I said I own both. I have a 556 and 762 Saker.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You obviously missed the part where I said I own both. I have a 556 and 762 Saker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see any issues with the trifecta mount. Its damn solid, very fast on/off, and doesn't rely on silly latches at the base. Where did you get "They rushed it to market, it was supposed to be much better." from?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bit of this on the muzzle brake ended my "stuck" problems for good when my Surefire can was new.  The best part is it's completely impervious to heat:
http://www.shop.myturfsupply.com/LOX-CEASE-20-20-ANTI-SEIZE-LUBRICANT-791.htm?categoryId=-1
The down side is that, as far as I can find, there is no way to buy a small quantity of this.  The container is enough for a couple of generations of shooters if that's all you use it for.
Edit:  I'm certain it will work just fine on Sakers as well...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A bit of this on the muzzle brake ended my "stuck" problems for good when my Surefire can was new.  The best part is it's completely impervious to heat:
http://www.shop.myturfsupply.com/LOX-CEASE-20-20-ANTI-SEIZE-LUBRICANT-791.htm?categoryId=-1
The down side is that, as far as I can find, there is no way to buy a small quantity of this.  The container is enough for a couple of generations of shooters if that's all you use it for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That looks pretty nice. I'll keep it in mind if i ever have issues. Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I have the Saker 5.56. Honestly, I purchased it because it's built like a tank. It has a full warranty on full-auto down to a 7" barrel which is both unique and impressive. With the threat of the passage of 41P, I thought to myself "if I only had one chance of getting a can, I wanted something that would last my lifetime and my kids lifetime", so I chose the Saker. It's not the lightest and doesn't have the cool buzzword SOCOM in it, but it's packed with features that sold me.

Also, I like the Saker mount over the Surefire mount (both fantastic mounts) due to the fact that you can mount the can on the end of a barrel that is hidden (recessed) under a handguard. Simple on/off twist unlike the Surefire. Not a deal-breaker, but still...

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Love the Cerakote job.  I am thinking to do the same to mine once it comes in.  Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it?

Quoted:
I have the Saker 5.56. Honestly, I purchased it because it's built like a tank. It has a full warranty on full-auto down to a 7" barrel which is both unique and impressive. With the threat of the passage of 41P, I thought to myself "if I only had one chance of getting a can, I wanted something that would last my lifetime and my kids lifetime", so I chose the Saker. It's not the lightest and doesn't have the cool buzzword SOCOM in it, but it's packed with features that sold me.

Also, I like the Saker mount over the Surefire mount (both fantastic mounts) due to the fact that you can mount the can on the end of a barrel that is hidden under a handguard. Simple on/off twist unlike the Surefire. Not a deal-breaker, but still...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vQok3hX7zYk/VJi1iy97KTI/AAAAAAAAQaY/g-A-Quy85MA/s640/https%25253A%25252F%25252Flh3.googleusercontent.com%25252F0PP1RQ6P3U4RpfDK0VHgLK18gXW_4GbfwCgjCWnE2Yc%25253Ds0-d.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Had a local shop do it. It's the high temperature version of Cerakote. Magpul FDE.

Quoted:
Love the Cerakote job.  I am thinking to do the same to mine once it comes in.  Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, I like the Saker mount over the Surefire mount (both fantastic mounts) due to the fact that you can mount the can on the end of a barrel that is hidden under a handguard. Simple on/off twist unlike the Surefire. Not a deal-breaker, but still...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vQok3hX7zYk/VJi1iy97KTI/AAAAAAAAQaY/g-A-Quy85MA/s640/https%25253A%25252F%25252Flh3.googleusercontent.com%25252F0PP1RQ6P3U4RpfDK0VHgLK18gXW_4GbfwCgjCWnE2Yc%25253Ds0-d.jpg

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Very cool.  Was there anything special they had to do to it?  Like take of certain pieces or anything like that?

Quoted:
Had a local shop do it. It's the high temperature version of Cerakote. Magpul FDE.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't see any issues with the trifecta mount. Its damn solid, very fast on/off, and doesn't rely on silly latches at the base. Where did you get "They rushed it to market, it was supposed to be much better." from?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two of the people who helped design it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Nope. Just separated the mount from the suppressor body using the included wrenches. Didn't take apart the mount or anything like that. Just Cerakoted the outside of it. Very satisfied. I'm a sucker for anything FDE and I had to get it done. Only $55.

Quoted:
Very cool.  Was there anything special they had to do to it?  Like take of certain pieces or anything like that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I have both a 556 SF SOCOM and a newly arrived Saker 7.62. I like 'em both fine. PS After I studied the Saker lock mechanism and lubed it up, I have had zero, nada, no issues getting it on and off. There is one last little slip of the ring that frees the lock washer, and if you do not make that last click - it ain't coming off. No need for whacking. Ever. The Saker likes lube down there. Never had an issue with the SF, either. I wanted a solid can I could bash around and not worry about on a carbine, and the SF fills the bill.

I really have nothing bad to say about either the SF or the Saker. I'd buy the SOCOM for the 5.56 and a Saker for 7.62 - oh wait, I DID!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They wouldn't be two people who went and made another suppressor company, would it?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Where do you lube the Saker and how much further do you twist once the ring is in the notch?

Quoted:
I have both a 556 SF SOCOM and a newly arrived Saker 7.62. I like 'em both fine. PS After I studied the Saker lock mechanism and lubed it up, I have had zero, nada, no issues getting it on and off. There is one last little slip of the ring that frees the lock washer, and if you do not make that last click - it ain't coming off. No need for whacking. Ever. The Saker likes lube down there. Never had an issue with the SF, either. I wanted a solid can I could bash around and not worry about on a carbine, and the SF fills the bill.

I really have nothing bad to say about either the SF or the Saker. I'd buy the SOCOM for the 5.56 and a Saker for 7.62 - oh wait, I DID!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:07:38 AM EDT
[#49]
You can see the difference in the position of the two rings.  The one on the right that looks like it's out of place is the correct way to put it on and take it off.  If those notches are fitted together like the left one, you won't be getting the can on or off.

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still trying to tune my MicroMOA gas block to run optimally with my Surefire. I have the three position plate. With the standard suppressed setting it wouldn't cycle .223 only Lake City 5.56. I drilled it out to the next larger port size. It still doesn't have enough back pressure to cycle 100% reliably, so I'm using it on the unsuppressed 5.56 optimized setting until I can further open the hole.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top