BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eh, I'll be in Vegas the first week of January so if they don't get mine shipped back before they leave, I'll be cool......  Seriously, thanks for the heads up though.
View Quote

Not sure if they'll even have anybody there to receive packages for those that were planning to ship in the next couple days and have it arrive after Wed. Might just have them all held at the UPS warehouse. Don't know...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The answer is No.

Joey
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would you put a new core in a form 1 build? I'd be tempted to form 1 a requisite tube with end caps and send it in....

The answer is No.

Joey

Interesting. This is exactly what I was wondering.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, I'm glad I read this thread!!!  I didn't know about this until just now.  Will send my Outback 2d in on Tuesday.  It's like getting a new suppressor without the NFA wait time :)

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:09:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not sure if they'll even have anybody there to receive packages for those that were planning to ship in the next couple days and have it arrive after Wed. Might just have them all held at the UPS warehouse. Don't know...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eh, I'll be in Vegas the first week of January so if they don't get mine shipped back before they leave, I'll be cool......  Seriously, thanks for the heads up though.

Mine shipped last week.  They'll have it on Tuesday of this week.  Sounds like they are cranking them out quick.  They probably won't have it done before the shut down, but it's no biggie.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't remember seeing this posted in this thread, but it's in a similar thread in their Industry Forum...figured I'd pass it along so nobody would be disappointed/surprised:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I don't remember seeing this posted in this thread, but it's in a similar thread in their Industry Forum...figured I'd pass it along so nobody would be disappointed/surprised:

Quoted:
So that our employees can enjoy the Christmas Season with their loved ones, Gemtech will be closed from 3PM on Christmas Eve until 7 AM Monday, January 5. Please plan your shipping accordingly.

Thanks for the heads up on that!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:04:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

On FB, they said SWR, YHM and AAC.

Puhlease say that you have something for the HTA Kestrel 22.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not only does it work on all of the Outback suppressors, but it is also compatible with some competitor suppressors.

Which competitor suppressors is this compatible with?

On FB, they said SWR, YHM and AAC.

Puhlease say that you have something for the HTA Kestrel 22.

This^^^ I would love to ditch my HTA baffles.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I truly hope GemTech doesn't screw over the customer as they did in the past.  My OBII was my first suppressor and I must say that I will never buy another GemTech product ever again with the way they treat customers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I truly hope GemTech doesn't screw over the customer as they did in the past.  My OBII was my first suppressor and I must say that I will never buy another GemTech product ever again with the way they treat customers.
View Quote

How else did they screw customers over other than taking a while to restart offering the Outback upgrade?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Arrived today, by the email notifications they only had it a few hours before shipping back. Should be fun to try this weekend.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nothing for the Oasis-P currently.

Joey
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a question, I own a Gemtech Oasis pistol. I absolutely love the combination of it and a Ruger 45/22. However, I don't use it much because I'm afraid of filling it up with lead.

Is this something that might be convertible to the mono-core? It sure would be nice to be able to disassemble for cleaning.

Nothing for the Oasis-P currently.

Joey

So you are saying there is a chance?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#13]

This weekend?  I would have to pop a couple in my back yard.  That thing looks awesome!!! I just overnighted mine to Gemtech a couple hours ago.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:41:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Nice!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nice, now go shoot that thing (Not saying we condone shooting in the back yard at night) ;-)

Joey
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice, now go shoot that thing (Not saying we condone shooting in the back yard at night) ;-)

Joey

awesome!
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 2:54:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I missed the Outback upgrade program too and will be purchasing this upgrade myself.   Looking to ship sometime around the 5th of Jan as it sounds like that's when they'll be back in the shop.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes, we will all be back on the 5th. Send it in, you'll love the upgrade.

Joey
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I missed the Outback upgrade program too and will be purchasing this upgrade myself.   Looking to ship sometime around the 5th of Jan as it sounds like that's when they'll be back in the shop.  

Yes, we will all be back on the 5th. Send it in, you'll love the upgrade.

Joey

Already purchased my upgrade.

I will also be sending mine out after you guys get back.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#20]
This looks awesome.  I've only used my Outback IID a few times so far, but I'm going to do it anyway simply because it'll be easier to take apart and put back together..  When I took my can apart the other day to clean it I ended up having to use a dowel and rubber mallet to get the baffles out.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:34:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:49:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I guess it is a no go for a YHM Wraith QD 22LR huh? it is a 1.25" tube. I'd sure like to upgrade this old thing.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Mine got there on the 23rd.  It's spending the holidays at Gemtech......
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That is the down side to K baffles, removing them. The upgrade will fix that for you.

Merry Christmas
Joey
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This looks awesome.  I've only used my Outback IID a few times so far, but I'm going to do it anyway simply because it'll be easier to take apart and put back together..  When I took my can apart the other day to clean it I ended up having to use a dowel and rubber mallet to get the baffles out.

That is the down side to K baffles, removing them. The upgrade will fix that for you.

Merry Christmas
Joey

I'll probably make arrangements to send it in some time next month.  Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you as well!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:57:27 AM EDT
[#26]
This is interesting . I have a competitors 22 can
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 2:38:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Since the wraith is a no go, and you mention yhm, I'm assuming this does work on the mite.  

If that's so, does this solve the issue with the can seizing up?  Or is that something I should still be mindful of if I get the upgrade?
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Since the wraith is a no go, and you mention yhm, I'm assuming this does work on the mite.  

If that's so, does this solve the issue with the can seizing up?  Or is that something I should still be mindful of if I get the upgrade?
View Quote

How does something with no moving parts seize up?
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 12:38:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Fouling causes the can to weld itself together.  Google it and you'll find plenty of mentions.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 1:57:01 AM EDT
[#31]
I thought the Mite was sealed.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 2:56:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The IOU upgrade program, should work just fine with your Mite. It will make it very easy to clean, following the proper cleaning schedule.

Hope this helps.
Joey
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The IOU upgrade program, should work just fine with your Mite. It will make it very easy to clean, following the proper cleaning schedule.

Hope this helps.
Joey

Thanks Joey.  I'll be in touch as soon as yall back at it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Joey,

I live over here in WA and was wondering when I should ship my Outback to you. I know you said you guys were out for the holidays.

Would Friday the 2nd be a safe time?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Safe to ship, because it won't arrive before Mon 1/5
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Joey,

I live over here in WA and was wondering when I should ship my Outback to you. I know you said you guys were out for the holidays.

Would Friday the 2nd be a safe time?

Safe to ship, because it won't arrive before Mon 1/5

Great!  I will get it out tomorrow!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
If that didn't work, try it again this morning, we tweaked it a little to be more user friendly, and options for non Gemtech cans to be added.

Joey

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SWR, YHM, AAC, right off the top. It fits 1" tubes of 5 or more inches in length.

Joey

So my old tactical innovations quest that is 5 inches long and 1 inch diameter should be compatible?

Sounds like it will work, send it and we'll take a look.

Joey

Great, just placed my order. Now if i could only get the form to pull up, every time I click the link it just takes me to the upgrade page and doesn't bring up the form.

If that didn't work, try it again this morning, we tweaked it a little to be more user friendly, and options for non Gemtech cans to be added.

Joey

And your overview video has no talking (only music) and the subtitles are weird...
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Did you view the second video? The first video was just a teaser video, which came out before the official release of the IOU program.

Hope this helps?

Joey

View Quote

Yes, the second one (with Alexander).  There was a music soundtrack and closed captioning (which was strange) but no voice audio.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:37:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Sent my Outback today!

Can't wait to get it back working!
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 4:29:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Returned from my Christmas visit yesterday and am sending today.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Sent mine today.  But its a long ship.  Should be there around Wednesday (Stupid holidays!)
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#47]
My Huntertown baffles have a 0.960" diameter. Is this too large or can your monocore be sleeved to fit? The can itself has a 1.1" outside diameter. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#48]
I am so excited to get my outback back, so I bought a new host for it!

I got a Ruger 22/45 lite.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:39:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:00:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Sent off my OBII should be at GT on Tue. Can't waite !
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top