BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/15/2014 4:22:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Not only does it work on all of the Outback suppressors, but it is also compatible with some competitor suppressors.
View Quote

Which competitor suppressors is this compatible with?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not only does it work on all of the Outback suppressors, but it is also compatible with some competitor suppressors.

On FB, they said SWR, YHM and AAC.

Puhlease say that you have something for the HTA Kestrel 22.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came to post this...just curious.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if they would do an old tactical innovations quest that I have, its the same length and size as the outback
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got off the phone with them.  My old AAC Pilot will be heading to Idaho this week......
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SWR, YHM, AAC, right off the top. It fits 1" tubes of 5 or more inches in length.

Joey
View Quote

So my old tactical innovations quest that is 5 inches long and 1 inch diameter should be compatible?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't click at work.  I hope it is affordable.  This would be great news.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can't click at work.  I hope it is affordable.  This would be great news.
View Quote

$250
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sounds like it will work, send it and we'll take a look.

Joey
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SWR, YHM, AAC, right off the top. It fits 1" tubes of 5 or more inches in length.

Joey

So my old tactical innovations quest that is 5 inches long and 1 inch diameter should be compatible?

Joey

Great, just placed my order. Now if i could only get the form to pull up, every time I click the link it just takes me to the upgrade page and doesn't bring up the form.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#13]
This is a fantastic way to upgrade a poor performing form 1 can...
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is a fantastic way to upgrade a poor performing form 1 can...
View Quote

This sounds intriguing
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm.. wonder if it's worth my time to send in the IID I have.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I was one of the biggest critics of Gemtech when they cancelled the Outback cleaning service.

If they make this program work and stick to it, Id have to say that it was definitely the right way to handle the Outback concerns people had.

Good deal.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#18]
At what point should I send in my Outback II for upgrade?

I've probably got about 5k rounds through it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:58:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If that didn't work, try it again this morning, we tweaked it a little to be more user friendly, and options for non Gemtech cans to be added.

Joey
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joey

Joey

Great, just placed my order. Now if i could only get the form to pull up, every time I click the link it just takes me to the upgrade page and doesn't bring up the form.

If that didn't work, try it again this morning, we tweaked it a little to be more user friendly, and options for non Gemtech cans to be added.

Joey

Same for me, I placed the order yesterday and couldn't get it to work with multiple tries so I called.  I use firefox, maybe that's it?  They took my name and email and said they would get back with me.  I can't get it out to them until next Monday anyway so I'm not in a huge hurry.  Very excited about this upgrade program
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have a IID also. Don't need the service of breaking down and cleaning the tube, but would like to have the new core.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Have a IID also. Don't need the service of breaking down and cleaning the tube, but would like to have the new core.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. My Outback baffles are actually in better shape than my Alpine baffles but I will probably send my IID in for the core upgrade first to have the added caliber ratings.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#24]
To those having problems with the form, I just spoke to tech and they stated to log back into your order history and the link to the form will be there.  It worked for me that time and I have an AAC Pilot.  I was able to fill out and submit the form and my can is currently waiting for UPS pickup.  Also, don't forget to include a copy of your form 4 and the sheet generated by the page.  As of this morning Gemtech stated they had around 10-15 people sign up so far.  He said one guy sending in a Pilot has around 10k rounds through it.........  That's a lot of lead......
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
To those having problems with the form, I just spoke to tech and they stated to log back into your order history and the link to the form will be there.  It worked for me that time and I have an AAC Pilot.  I was able to fill out and submit the form and my can is currently waiting for UPS pickup.  Also, don't forget to include a copy of your form 4 and the sheet generated by the page.  As of this morning Gemtech stated they had around 10-15 people sign up so far.  He said one guy sending in a Pilot has around 10k rounds through it.........  That's a lot of lead......
View Quote

They fixed the issue shortly after I posted. I emailed tech support and they jumped right on it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Is the new monocore as quiet as the original Outback 2 baffle stack?  It doesn't say on the website if any metering was done in comparison to the original design.

I modded my older Outback2 into a take apart design so I don't want to update unless the monocore is as quiet as the old design.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks, that worked for me just now.  My OB2 will be heading back to Idaho soon  It would be extremely interesting to get some pictures of what comes out of these things when they're opened up.  Any chance of getting a pic of the baffles next to the tube after they get pulled out?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Any FRP due to the monocore design?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Joey,

Will there be any difference between the GM22 core and the IOU core?   In other words, is it the same part?

I guess what Im getting at is this.. can I go shoot a GM22 to get an idea of the performance?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Sent my II in yesterday. I missed the first few upgrade programs, glad to get in under this one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Hope to get mine on the way tomorrow.  I am very excited. I would love a pic of the inside of my can.

Hope you guys are ready for them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Would the original HTA guardian be eligible for this?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Would the original HTA guardian be eligible for this?
View Quote

Dr. Dater posted the requirements in their Industry Forum thread

"It is necessary to first contact customer support if desiring an upgrade to a non-Gemtech product. The number of competitor suppressors we can upgrade with our monocore is limited and depends on the thread pitch of the front end cap, whether the rear mount is permanently installed in the outer tube, the internal length of the suppressor, and the internal diameter.

The front endcap threads required are 15/16-28, the internal diameter 0.90 inch, and internal length at least 4.6 inches. We cannot modify the core to accommodate suppressors with thicker walls (0.049" for a 1" tube) or other threads, and if we have to return an non-compatible suppressor, we will have to charge return shipping."

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Would you put a new core in a form 1 build? I'd be tempted to form 1 a requisite tube with end caps and send it in....
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll be sending in an OBII next month
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#42]
One last question.  What kind of weight are we looking at for the new core in a Outback tube?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Holy Moly Joey! You guys are working fast over there!

Go the email that your received my Outback-II today at: 1:28pm and just received noticed (at 7:28pm) it will be shipped tomorrow!

Keep up the great work guys and thanks for bringing back this program (even better than the last one!)
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Let us know how you like it when it gets back to you.

Joey
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go the email that your received my Outback-II today at: 1:28pm and just received noticed (at 7:28pm) it will be shipped tomorrow!

Keep up the great work guys and thanks for bringing back this program (even better than the last one!)

Joey

I will post pictures and my thoughts when mine gets here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a question, I own a Gemtech Oasis pistol. I absolutely love the combination of it and a Ruger 45/22. However, I don't use it much because I'm afraid of filling it up with lead.

Is this something that might be convertible to the mono-core? It sure would be nice to be able to disassemble for cleaning.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joey

I'm looking forward to seeing yours when it comes back.  My Pilot will be there on Tuesday.  I was thinking about sending it to SR earlier for a jailbreak but this Gemtech situation is just too good to pass up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't remember seeing this posted in this thread, but it's in a similar thread in their Industry Forum...figured I'd pass it along so nobody would be disappointed/surprised:

Quoted:
So that our employees can enjoy the Christmas Season with their loved ones, Gemtech will be closed from 3PM on Christmas Eve until 7 AM Monday, January 5. Please plan your shipping accordingly.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't remember seeing this posted in this thread, but it's in a similar thread in their Industry Forum...figured I'd pass it along so nobody would be disappointed/surprised:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
So that our employees can enjoy the Christmas Season with their loved ones, Gemtech will be closed from 3PM on Christmas Eve until 7 AM Monday, January 5. Please plan your shipping accordingly.

Eh, I'll be in Vegas the first week of January so if they don't get mine shipped back before they leave, I'll be cool......  Seriously, thanks for the heads up though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top