Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 45
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#1]
That isn't what they just said.

ETA: they said they can't price match the Gamaliel pricing .
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Bummer, Gemtech deal sold out.

Did take advantage of some Saker brakes, and of course another Saker 762.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Deleted
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Just picked up a TiRant 45 for $248.95    Had to buy a pistol to get that deal but after the AAC rebate that can is effectively $48.95!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Well just ordered the Ti-Rant 9 from QRF! Pretty excited about that and also took the plunge and got the rifle suppressor from SilencerShop I wanted the Saker 762!

First suppressors and I think I got everything covered that I will ever own :). Now the waiting and hoping I filled everything out right on SilencerShop direct haha.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Man....I am in the market for a 7.62 supressor, but was hoping SS had some deals.  

Sux to see they are not matching the Gamaliel deals..  I just dont want to deal with having to mess with a transfer before doing paper work....probably take a year for the process.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is $617 the best price going for the specwar 7.62? Anyone ever seen them for less?
View Quote

Blackwing has them for $600.  It is not on there website, but if you call ask for Eric and he is selling them for $600.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just picked up a TiRant 45 for $248.95    Had to buy a pistol to get that deal but after the AAC rebate that can is effectively $48.95!!
View Quote

No, the rebate just covers the cost of the additional $200 tax stamp....careful with that kind of math .

Still a hell of a deal....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well just ordered the Ti-Rant 9 from QRF! Pretty excited about that and also took the plunge and got the rifle suppressor from SilencerShop I wanted the Saker 762!

First suppressors and I think I got everything covered that I will ever own :). Now the waiting and hoping I filled everything out right on SilencerShop direct haha.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Don't own, or plan on owning, any 22 firearms? That's your one big gap...

Quoted:
Man....I am in the market for a 7.62 supressor, but was hoping SS had some deals.  

Sux to see they are not matching the Gamaliel deals..  I just dont want to deal with having to mess with a transfer before doing paper work....probably take a year for the process.

Tried Capitol Armory? They're in-state for you and have the Saker for $14.96 less than Gamaliel. Some other cans are priced close to Gamaliel, and even if it's a little more you don't have a transfer fee.

ETA: looks like that was a recent price drop, as they posted in this thread while I was gathering info for you.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, no.

You're looking at 7 months. Current Form 4s are running 5 months or less, and Form 3s are 6 weeks.

Transferring stuff in isn't too bad. I have to do it here, because my shop stocks only shitty brands, and charges MSRP for everything.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where???
Sorry if already posted.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yea..... Quiet Riot Firearms had way better deals. Glad I went ahead and jumped on those deals rather than waiting for SS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very disappointed in the SS deals.

Yea..... Quiet Riot Firearms had way better deals. Glad I went ahead and jumped on those deals rather than waiting for SS.

+1 jumped on their TiRant 45 + 556sd to go with my pending TiRant 9mm. Already have 22 can,  Form 1 pending for 762 can. Think I'll be gtg for awhile.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Where???
Sorry if already posted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where???
Sorry if already posted.

Radical Firearms

Link to Promo

They also have a deal on an 762SDN-6 and a complete rifle for $1150.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Tried Capitol Armory? They're in-state for you and have the Saker for $14.96 less than Gamaliel. Some other cans are priced close to Gamaliel, and even if it's a little more you don't have a transfer fee.

ETA: looks like that was a recent price drop, as they posted in this thread while I was gathering info for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just tried Capitol Armory.....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We've had a number of you guys ask us for a Saker 762 promo. For today only (11/28), we'll offer the Saker 762 for $825 : http://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco-saker-762-suppressor-maad-mount.html

Thanks for the continued support!
View Quote

.....and done
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#17]
anyone got a good deal on an.Octane 45, that is just for the can?  seen some with a.barrel thrown in but none that are just the can with a sale price.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

.....and done
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've had a number of you guys ask us for a Saker 762 promo. For today only (11/28), we'll offer the Saker 762 for $825 : http://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco-saker-762-suppressor-maad-mount.html

.....and done

of course!   I ordered my Saker a couple hours earlier from SS. Lol.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
anyone got a good deal on an.Octane 45, that is just for the can?  seen some with a.barrel thrown in but none that are just the can with a sale price.
View Quote

Jake at Quiet Riot Firearms sold me the Octane 45 HD without barrel for $599. Shoot Jake an email and he'll set you up.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Just scored a Specwar 556 at Blackwing. Which of you bought 6 of them and are transferring them through SS?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just scored a Specwar 556 at Blackwing. Which of you bought 6 of them and are transferring them through SS?
View Quote

$399 is a crazy price for the specwar 556. The saker 5.56 is on sale for $599 there too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I half wonder if SS didn't buy them up themselves to kill the competition. They can't price match at that price.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Silencerco has a deal on two for one rifle mounts and some merchandise.  I just bought a Specwar FH and MB for $85.  Here is the link.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I half wonder if SS didn't buy them up themselves to kill the competition. They can't price match at that price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suddenly, SS isn't doing price matching....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#25]
They price matched for me last week on a AAC 556 SD, and they just added on the 10$ shipping, still price matched
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They price matched for me last week on a AAC 556 SD, and they just added on the 10$ shipping, still price matched
View Quote

That isn't the story today.  They first looked the ad over and then said they couldn't do it because the website didn't have free shipping.....it actually DOES....so I called back and was actually HUNG up on (not too big of a deal...could have been an accident...)....then I called again and spoke with someone else....they just said straight up they cannot price match at their price.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#27]
They did post this in their Industry Forum when Black Friday deals were being discussed:

Quoted:
I will mention one thing real fast.  While we do price match 99% of the time there might be some Black Friday Deals that we cannot match due to limited quantities etc.
View Quote

Guess y'all found those deals...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That isn't the story today.  They first looked the ad over and then said they couldn't do it because the website didn't have free shipping.....it actually DOES....so I called back and was actually HUNG up on....then I called again and spoke with someone else....they just said straight up they cannot price match at their price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn't the story today.  They first looked the ad over and then said they couldn't do it because the website didn't have free shipping.....it actually DOES....so I called back and was actually HUNG up on....then I called again and spoke with someone else....they just said straight up they cannot price match at their price.

Wow. Dick move to hang up on you.....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think Black Wing has a few left for $575,
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Admittedly it has peeved me a little bit with this whole experience...if you claim to price match, you should honor it...IMO.  I get why they can't, but if you can't you should offer some sort of counter...I am willing to believe the hang up was an accident...I've bought from SS many times with nothing but happy and positive experiences...this has just been a little bit of an eye-opener is all.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not an amazing deal, but amazing enough to win my support. Saker 762 ordered for my 556 SBR. $75 off essentially covers the cost of the 556 end cap. Thanks Capitol Armory!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#32]
SilencerShop is the best thing to happen to NFA customers in a long time.

They are the only reason we're not all still paying $800 for Ti-rants.

Stop complaining about stupid shit like the end of a price matching policy FFS and think about the bigger picture for a second.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Stop complaining about stupid shit like the end of a price matching policy FFS and think about the bigger picture for a second.
View Quote

Ya because customer service doesn't matter...

I think it bears mention from a company that has earned and developed a good reputation...it's what we do on the forums...if there is an issue, we discuss.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#34]
For the people that ordered at QRF how long does it take to get the serial number to apply for the AAC $200 credit? :)

SS moves fast with the paper work. Ordered this afternoon and had confirmation on paper submittable but I contacted them asking to see if I could change the receiving dealer to one that is much closer of a drive and they responded quickly and said they'd see if the owner would, which I know he will I already asked lol.

Great customer service!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm sorry you had that experience. The worst I've had with them is lost Form 3's, which I can't say is specifically their fault, but is still insanely irritating.

I did have a suppressor price matched just a few days ago. We traded a few e-mails the day prior and then I called in the next morning. They asked me over the phone what the price was, not even from where I was seeing it. Immediately said ok, asked if I was using SS Direct, which was a yes, and bing bang boom. They gave me the price I told them + ssd and that's it. No shipping or anything.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

That isn't what they just said.
ETA: they said they can't price match the Gamaliel pricing .
View Quote
That's odd, I called around 1300 today and they price matched a Saker 7.62 w/MAAD mount and a Spectre II. Nothing but friendly and the gentlemen was only too happy to look up the site and price match the Gamaliel deals. He did state that they could only price match certain things as long as the deal didn't drop the suppressor below their cost.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think it bears mention from a company that has earned and developed a good reputation...it's what we do on the forums...if there is an issue, we discuss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why bother them with price matching in the first place? Just purchase it from the vendor with the lowest price.

You think there is an issue. Like Iceman and I'd imagine most others here, we think you are the issue. You asked if they could price match, they said they could not. It's their business, and it may come as a surprise but they expect to make a profit. They may not need to sell off inventory to free up cash flow like others are doing right now because they sell products at a good price all the time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Why bother them with price matching in the first place? Just purchase it from the vendor with the lowest price.

You think there is an issue. Like Iceman and I'd imagine most others here, we think you are the issue. You asked if they could price match, they said they could not. It's their business, and it may come as a surprise but they expect to make a profit. They may not need to sell off inventory to free up cash flow like others are doing right now because they sell products at a good price all the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really....you should read more, post less with those stellar results...

I said I called about a price match...they stated that they COULD price match...but that they would not in this case because shipping was not free....after the phone call, I was able to verify it WAS free....so that would then indicate they could price match based on the first phone call...

The guy answers, this is conveyed...then, 'click'.

Call back...someone else answered....after communicating the new findings, they then state they can't price match.

Not sure how I'm the "problem"...based on this incident.

Now, I already stated, I get why they can't honor some of the prices that are out there...but based on my experience with silencershop, I was not expecting it be handled that way.  A forum is the place to share experiences and that is what I have done.

To answer the question about why buy local...I live within 10 miles of Silencershop and the convenience in avoiding a transfer fee and added wait time of a Form 3 are well known.  I also had NO indication that they wouldn't price match since it is always stated that they do (as evidence in this thread, some even today).  I see their comment in the industry section now but that wasn't the simple reply...they said it was because the shipping wasn't free...it was...then hung up, then they simply stated they couldn't do it.

ETA: I am not going to try and Boycott Silencershop...I like them...I will buy from them in the past and I am thankful they are so close to me...That doesn't mean that a negative experience shouldn't be shared.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Placed an order today for a Saker 7.62 and a Spectre II from tarheelstatefirearms.com.

By the time I do a Form 3 and pay the transfer fee for these silencers with better prices elsewhere you might as well just order direct in state from a local dealer.

$924 for the Saker 7.62
$334 for the Spectre II
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Placed an order today for a Saker 7.62 and a Spectre II from tarheelstatefirearms.com.

By the time I do a Form 3 and pay the transfer fee for these silencers with better prices elsewhere you might as well just order direct in state from a local dealer.

$924 for the Saker 7.62

$334 for the Spectre II
View Quote
i don't know, silencershop price matched the same 2 cans to me for 1,150 total today. That discount is worth the 3 minute phone call...

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

i don't know, silencershop price matched the same 2 cans to me for 1,150 total today. That discount is worth the 3 minute phone call...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$924 for the Saker 7.62
$334 for the Spectre II

You paid ~$100 less than he did. Most places around here charge $75-$100 per can for a transfer. Even figuring in sales tax, you both paid roughly the same price OTD.

And he'll have his 5-8 weeks earlier without the F3 wait. Maybe even faster since SS has to refile F3s more often than anybody I've seen (granted, could just be because of quantity submitted). That doesn't even mention the fact that Scott at THSF is as good as they come as far as customer service goes. Much more consistent with providing updates throughout the process.

If you're buying multiple cans, you can always call and negotiate a bit. I don't believe I've ever paid exactly what was on the website. I know the first can I bought from him, before we built any kind of rapport, was a Warlock II. He gladly came down the $14 it took to match the SSD OTD price.

Toss in the fact he's 30 minutes away, and I'm not sure I'll ever buy a can from anybody else, unless somebody's have a fire sale on something.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

You paid ~$100 less than he did. Most places around here charge $75-$100 per can for a transfer. Even figuring in sales tax, you both paid roughly the same price OTD.

And he'll have his 5-8 weeks earlier without the F3 wait. That doesn't even mention the fact that Scott at THSF is as good as they come as far as customer service goes. Much more consistent with providing updates throughout the process.

If you're buying multiple cans, you can always call and negotiate a bit. I don't believe I've ever paid exactly what was on the website. I know the first can I bought from him, before we built any kind of rapport, was a Warlock II. He gladly came down the $14 it took to match the SSD OTD price.

Toss in the fact he's 30 minutes away, and I'm not sure I'll ever buy a can from anybody else, unless somebody's have a fire sale on something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$924 for the Saker 7.62

$334 for the Spectre II

And he'll have his 5-8 weeks earlier without the F3 wait. That doesn't even mention the fact that Scott at THSF is as good as they come as far as customer service goes. Much more consistent with providing updates throughout the process.

With both dealers being out of state and requiring a transfer, it was a no brainer for me. YMMV

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
With both dealers being out of state and requiring a transfer, it was a no brainer for me. YMMV  
View Quote

I get it...he just said "order direct in state from a local dealer", not necessarily for you to buy from the same place.

I know some dealers refuse to come off MSRP. I just think there are a lot of people that don't even try to approach local dealers. It's at least worth a call or visit to see if your local C3 dealer will at least come close to matching. Take the SSD price plus $270, and see how close they'll get. If they won't...go ahead and have them shipped from somewhere else. The no sales tax and free shipping from SS does help.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I said I called about a price match...they stated that they COULD price match...but that they would not in this case because shipping was not free....after the phone call, I was able to verify it WAS free....so that would then indicate they could price match based on the first phone call...

Not sure how I'm the "problem"...based on this incident.

Now, I already stated, I get why they can't honor some of the prices that are out there...but based on my experience with silencershop, I was not expecting it be handled that way.  A forum is the place to share experiences and that is what I have done.

To answer the question about why buy local...I live within 10 miles of Silencershop and the convenience in avoiding a transfer fee and added wait time of a Form 3 are well known.  I also had NO indication that they wouldn't price match since it is always stated that they do (as evidence in this thread, some even today).  I see their comment in the industry section now but that wasn't the simple reply...they said it was because the shipping wasn't free...it was...then hung up, then they simply stated they couldn't do it.
View Quote

You were told they couldn't price match, issues with communications, that you at first didn't "blame" on them. You state you understand why they can't price match on certain sales and lose money, so you don't "blame" them. You want the convenience of a local shop to sell you a product at a discounted price and to not deal with a Form 3. But you still come to complain about it, and "blame" them. Got it bud.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#46]
I would say most would consider the situation to not be smooth.  If you don't want to read it, move on.  Others will take it for what it is.

This is just a shared experience, don't take it personal .

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
For the people that ordered at QRF how long does it take to get the serial number to apply for the AAC $200 credit? :)

SS moves fast with the paper work. Ordered this afternoon and had confirmation on paper submittable but I contacted them asking to see if I could change the receiving dealer to one that is much closer of a drive and they responded quickly and said they'd see if the owner would, which I know he will I already asked lol.

Great customer service!
View Quote

I had my serial numbers with pics within a few hours of ordering from QRF. I'm sure SS is great, but they aren't the only game in town with good CS...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And he'll have his 5-8 weeks earlier without the F3 wait. Maybe even faster since SS has to refile F3s more often than anybody I've seen (granted, could just be because of quantity submitted). That doesn't even mention the fact that Scott at THSF is as good as they come as far as customer service goes. Much more consistent with providing updates throughout the process.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$924 for the Saker 7.62
$334 for the Spectre II

So far Scott has sent me 3 emails with the status of my purchase and the serial numbers for the suppressors. He's living up to his customer service reputation. He'll even send you a trust template you can use. I went ahead and used the gearhog 199trust deal posted earlier. Saves me time filling out all the forms since I'd probably mess up something and have it come back with some error when the ATF does their thing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$924 for the Saker 7.62
$334 for the Spectre II

Wish that was the case near me, dealers around here seem to think $50 off MSRP is a good deal and then theres 6% sales tax added on.. was quoted little over $1350 out the door for a TiRant 45 and 556SD, saved over $300 buying online AFTER my FFL's transfer fees.. Wish I had a shop like SS or QRF local to me
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Wish that was the case near me, dealers around here seem to think $50 off MSRP is a good deal and then theres 6% sales tax added on.. was quoted little over $1350 out the door for a TiRant 45 and 556SD, saved over $300 buying online AFTER my FFL's transfer fees.. Wish I had a shop like SS or QRF local to me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$924 for the Saker 7.62
$334 for the Spectre II

Same for me.

I've bought the Lions share of my cans through silencer shop.  I've bought a couple cans local when the OTD price is within 50 bucks.  But most local shops sell close to msrp and then adding 6% sales tax makes ordering out of state a no brainer.  

Doesn't hurt that transfer fees are only 40 bucks at one of my local shops.
Page / 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top