Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got this email today:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Got this email today:

We have the Silencerco Salvo 12 for just $1029.00 . Pick one up today to complete your suppressor collection. Just 4 units left at this price.

Tar Heel State Firearms LLC

And, did you place that order?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got this email today:

We have the Silencerco Salvo 12 for just $1029.00 . Pick one up today to complete your suppressor collection. Just 4 units left at this price.

And edited the email to say 4 instead of 5. (j/k)

Reality is the only two shotguns in my house are a 60+ year old Browning 16ga that was my grandfather's and a .410 bolt that was my dad's. So, that deal would also involve a firearm purchase. One day, but not a month a half from Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

signed up  
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Reality is the only two shotguns in my house are a 60+ year old Browning 16ga that was my grandfather's and a .410 bolt that was my dad's. So, that deal would also involve a firearm purchase. One day, but not a month a half from Christmas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got this email today:

I think this the first deal I've seen you pass up BigWaylon.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then you need to pay closer attention.

I don't have an Evo 9, or a Ti-Rant of any flavor, or the $199 Warlock, or a $99 Spectre w/ Harvester/Specwar. No AAC cans with the $200 rebate, even with the BOGO offer Capitol Armory had.

Most of mine have actually been bought from a local dealer after unadvertised negotiations between the two of us, or directly from SS at whatever their asking price happened to be. Don't think I've actually bought a single can that was an advertised "deal" anywhere. But...that doesn't stop me from passing along any deals I do find that are open to the general public.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:35:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Not quite $100 off SS but lanbo's armory has the AAC 556-SD for $484 $8 shipping to me.  6 left at this price per their website as of 12:30am cst, $200 "Rebate" aka store credit to AAC applies.  

Random check of slutguns after a shitty night of work revealed that one.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:25:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why do through the trouble to price match when you can just buy from Tarheel and get great personalized service the entire way through the process.  To each there own, I'd pay a little more to get it from them over SS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tarheel State Firearms.....

I used their price on the ThunderBeast 30pss to get SS to price match for me and the one time I called THSF they had great customer service.  It does look like they are still trying to clear out the can i used for price match, it's $599 if anyone is looking for a stubby 300aac can. (SS price $658 and is OOS.)

That being said I'm not sure its really a deal from the perspective of the OP, but if his shipping is $8 flat I suppose it is a way to get SS to price match and save a few bucks.
Quoted:
.... Say a minimum of $100 off what you could buy one from SS/CA online. ...

Why do through the trouble to price match when you can just buy from Tarheel and get great personalized service the entire way through the process.  To each there own, I'd pay a little more to get it from them over SS.

Every single SS transaction I've had has been smooth and a quick look at tarheel's website reveals shitty prices.  If I wanted shitty prices and "personalized" service I'd just buy local.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Silencer Shop is running a "buy an Osprey, get a threaded barrel for free" deal. Choice of G17 or G19.

ETA: Octane 9 only.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Every single SS transaction I've had has been smooth and a quick look at tarheel's website reveals shitty prices.  If I wanted shitty prices and "personalized" service I'd just buy local.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tarheel State Firearms.....

I used their price on the ThunderBeast 30pss to get SS to price match for me and the one time I called THSF they had great customer service.  It does look like they are still trying to clear out the can i used for price match, it's $599 if anyone is looking for a stubby 300aac can. (SS price $658 and is OOS.)

That being said I'm not sure its really a deal from the perspective of the OP, but if his shipping is $8 flat I suppose it is a way to get SS to price match and save a few bucks.
Quoted:

This. I got great personalized service from SS.

My local dealers excuse for selling msrp "We do the paper work for you".  Ohh thanks.

I will be paying attention to SS next Thursday night around midnight.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Let's get back to focusing on deals.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't have an Evo 9, or a Ti-Rant of any flavor, or the $199 Warlock, or a $99 Spectre w/ Harvester/Specwar. No AAC cans with the $200 rebate, even with the BOGO offer Capitol Armory had.

Most of mine have actually been bought from a local dealer after unadvertised negotiations between the two of us, or directly from SS at whatever their asking price happened to be. Don't think I've actually bought a single can that was an advertised "deal" anywhere. But...that doesn't stop me from passing along any deals I do find that are open to the general public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I should have worded it better. I don't think I've seen you pass on a can before.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not quite $100 off SS but lanbo's armory has the AAC 556-SD for $484 $8 shipping to me.  6 left at this price per their website as of 12:30am cst, $200 "Rebate" aka store credit to AAC applies.  

View Quote

Cherokee Gun & Pawn in GA have them for $449. Was just given that price this morning by Rich.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My local dealers excuse for selling msrp "We do the paper work for you".  Ohh thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why next Thursday night/Friday morning? I guess it's a good thing I read this thread instead of placing my order!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why next Thursday night/Friday morning? I guess it's a good thing I read this thread instead of placing my order!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By doubleshot00

Because...

Quoted:
We will be doing a Black Friday Sale. It will be posted here but it will also be posted on Facebook at midnight on Thursday first.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cherokee Gun & Pawn in GA have them for $449. Was just given that price this morning by Rich.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i really need to call that guy or he needs to set up a website that you can view stock, price, and place an order.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Im looking for a Liberty Mystic.

Maybe there will be BF deals on suppressors :)
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I might be interested in a second Mystic if the prices are really good... A quick look shows them sub $500 now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:52:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I might be interested in a second Mystic if the prices are really good... A quick look shows them sub $500 now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My intuition tells me that if retailers are out of stock, they won't be getting anymore. QRF was offering them for $660 with a free upgrade, Silencer Shop had them for $496 - both are out of stock. Tar Heel is also out.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My intuition tells me that if retailers are out of stock, they won't be getting anymore. QRF was offering them for $660 with a free upgrade, Silencer Shop had them for $496 - both are out of stock. Tar Heel is also out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly, you are probably right. Maybe a few more will trickle out of the wood work. At under $500, it's hard to resist, even with my new found SiCo fanboy status.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Damnit, it was in stock.yesterday.

The x is out of my budget at that price.

There went my chance.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Because...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By doubleshot00

Because...

Quoted:
We will be doing a Black Friday Sale. It will be posted here but it will also be posted on Facebook at midnight on Thursday first.

Ah!
Thanks BW.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I did not need to see this thread. Has me itchy for another 9mm can.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Just got the Black Friday email from them....No mini 4 deal .
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#25]
E mail from Tar Heel State -

We have the Silencerco Harvester on Sale between 11/20/14 and 11/23/14 for only $498.00. They include the threaded mount of your choice.

I also know they have Mystics waiting on Form 3 approval.  I don't know price or if they are Xs.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We have the Silencerco Harvester on Sale between 11/20/14 and 11/23/14 for only $498.00. They include the threaded mount of your choice.
View Quote

As info, there are 12 at that price.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah...so close. 9Osprey at a price I might've gone for if it was any Osprey.

For anybody that didn't get the email:

Salvo $999.99
Ti-Rant 45 $449.99
Ti-Rant 9 $348.99
Octane 45 w/ piston & Glock 17 or 21 threaded barrel $699.99
Ti-Rant 45 & 556SD $899.99
Huntertown Arms Guardian 9 $50 off
Sparrow $349.99
9Osprey $499.99 w/ piston, add a G17 barrel for $150

Some discounts require a promo code.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Just a heads up, use code "BLACK5OFF14" to get the Tirant 9 price right.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Salvo $999.99
Ti-Rant 45 $499.99
Ti-Rant 9 $348.99
Sparrow $349.99

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Salvo $999.99
Ti-Rant 45 $499.99
Ti-Rant 9 $348.99
Sparrow $349.99

SMOKING deal on the Osprey, if I didn't already have 2 Osprey 9s on form 4s along with an Osprey 45 with a form 4 that will be back any day now I'd grab it!
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do we have to wait until the 27th? (Looking at an Octane 45 HD)
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Email says:

Promotions are available Thursday, November 20, 2014 through December 1, 2014.
Discounted promotions cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts/promotions.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Apparently I need glasses, I thought it said 28th for some reason. Octane ordered

ETA: hopefully SS doesn't beat this deal, but I doubt it
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigwaylon you've bought from tar heel before and did they ship to your home?  Just checking as I've been looking for a Harvester deal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bigwaylon you've bought from tar heel before and did they ship to your home?  Just checking as I've been looking for a Harvester deal.
View Quote

He will. Fortunately, he's only ~30 minutes from my house so I haven't used that option. He also comes to Metrolina Expi for the gun show, and that's <10 minutes from my house.

You can select that option (I think it's $9.99) when you checkout online. You'll just have to mail the 4473 back and forth and wait the 7 days for CLEO notification.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He will. Fortunately, he's only ~30 minutes from my house so I haven't used that option. He also comes to Metrolina Expi for the gun show, and that's <10 minutes from my house.

You can select that option (I think it's $9.99) when you checkout online. You'll just have to mail the 4473 back and forth and wait the 7 days for CLEO notification.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is this?

Is this even if you pick it up? I know you have to fill out a 4473 but this is
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Salvo $999.99
Ti-Rant 45 $499.99
Ti-Rant 9 $348.99
Sparrow $349.99

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Salvo $999.99
Ti-Rant 45 $499.99
Ti-Rant 9 $348.99
Sparrow $349.99

Dammit just got that email too.. Was just looking for a deal on the 556sd or m42k.. Sent my ffl an email to see if he'll cut me a break on his transfer fee if two cans are ordered at once.. 556sd+tirant45 would go nicely with my pending tirant 9mm..
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Fingers crossed for a saker 7.62, spectre II or Thunderbeast arms suppressor on someone's Black Friday sale.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Got this email today:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Got this email today:

Quiet riot has em $999.99 on BF deal just FYI.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What is this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
What is this?

Federal law for non face-to-face transactions. Just the 4473 for pickups in person.

Here's a recent post that explains it:

Quoted:
Quoted:
What law says they have to wait seven days to ship the suppressor?

Here is the link to the ATF procedure from last year:  ATF Procedure 2013-2

The actual law is below.

TL/DR part in bold.

27 CFR Part 478 - COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION
§ 478.96 Out-of-State and mail order sales.
(a) The provisions of this section shall apply when a firearm is purchased by or delivered to a person not otherwise prohibited by the Act from purchasing or receiving it.
(b) A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer may sell a firearm that is not subject to the provisions of § 478.102(a) to a nonlicensee who does not appear in person at the licensee's business premises if the nonlicensee is a resident of the same State in which the licensee's business premises are located, and the nonlicensee furnishes to the licensee the firearms transaction record, Form 4473, required by § 478.124. The nonlicensee shall attach to such record a true copy of any permit or other information required pursuant to any statute of the State and published ordinance applicable to the locality in which he resides. The licensee shall prior to shipment or delivery of the firearm, forward by registered or certified mail (return receipt requested) a copy of the record, Form 4473, to the chief law enforcement officer named on such record, and delay shipment or delivery of the firearm for a period of at least 7 days following receipt by the licensee of the return receipt evidencing delivery of the copy of the record to such chief law enforcement officer, or the return of the copy of the record to him due to the refusal of such chief law enforcement officer to accept same in accordance with U.S. Postal Service regulations. The original Form 4473, and evidence of receipt or rejection of delivery of the copy of the Form 4473 sent to the chief law enforcement officer shall be retained by the licensee as a part of the records required of him to be kept under the provisions of subpart H of this part.

Silencer Shop discusses it a bit on their page as well for purchases by TX residents:

3. The third option, for people who just don’t want to drive to Austin (but also don’t want to pay an additional transfer fee), is to have us mail the suppressor directly to your house after the transfer completes.

Most people are familiar with the first two options; so, the rest of this post will focus on the third option for people who are interested.

Once the Form 4 transfer clears the ATF, we will receive your shiny new tax stamp and will let you know immediately.  At that point, if you want us to mail it to you, we’ll have you fill out an ATF Form 4473 electronically.  This is the same form we’ve all grown to know and love over the years since we have to fill one out every time we buy a new firearm – and it typically only takes a few minutes to fill it out on your computer.

At that point, we’ll mail you a physical copy that you’ll need to sign and return to us in a provided envelope.  That’s it!

When we get the signed 4473 back from you, we’ll file it away and we’re also required to email a copy to your chief law enforcement officer (who will probably just file it away in the circular file).  We will then wait the required seven days and ship your suppressor out as soon as that time elapses!

Remember that we’ll still ship your order for free – so there are no additional charges once you’ve purchased from us.  We even pay the postage for your transfer paperwork!

As you can see, this does add a couple of weeks to the overall process – but it really isn’t that much in the grand scheme of things.  Especially in the NFA world…

For those who are interested in this option, simply check out using our online process and you will be presented with the choice after your checkout completes.  As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions!

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got this email today:

Sorry. Didn't catch up o n thread before I posted.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Federal law for non face-to-face transactions. Just the 4473 for pickups in person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is this?

I'm sent
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Here is a link to Radical Firearms facebook page.  They have a few black friday deals:  $1150 for a complete AR15 and AAC SDN6 is one of them.

RA Facebook page
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Silencer Shop discusses it a bit on their page as well for purchases by TX residents:

3. The third option, for people who just don’t want to drive to Austin (but also don’t want to pay an additional transfer fee), is to have us mail the suppressor directly to your house after the transfer completes.

Most people are familiar with the first two options; so, the rest of this post will focus on the third option for people who are interested.

Once the Form 4 transfer clears the ATF, we will receive your shiny new tax stamp and will let you know immediately.  At that point, if you want us to mail it to you, we’ll have you fill out an ATF Form 4473 electronically.  This is the same form we’ve all grown to know and love over the years since we have to fill one out every time we buy a new firearm – and it typically only takes a few minutes to fill it out on your computer.

At that point, we’ll mail you a physical copy that you’ll need to sign and return to us in a provided envelope.  That’s it!

When we get the signed 4473 back from you, we’ll file it away and we’re also required to email a copy to your chief law enforcement officer (who will probably just file it away in the circular file).  We will then wait the required seven days and ship your suppressor out as soon as that time elapses!

Remember that we’ll still ship your order for free – so there are no additional charges once you’ve purchased from us.  We even pay the postage for your transfer paperwork!

As you can see, this does add a couple of weeks to the overall process – but it really isn’t that much in the grand scheme of things.  Especially in the NFA world…

For those who are interested in this option, simply check out using our online process and you will be presented with the choice after your checkout completes.  As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is this?

Quoted:
Quoted:
What law says they have to wait seven days to ship the suppressor?

Here is the link to the ATF procedure from last year:  ATF Procedure 2013-2

The actual law is below.

TL/DR part in bold.

27 CFR Part 478 - COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION
§ 478.96 Out-of-State and mail order sales.
(a) The provisions of this section shall apply when a firearm is purchased by or delivered to a person not otherwise prohibited by the Act from purchasing or receiving it.
(b) A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer may sell a firearm that is not subject to the provisions of § 478.102(a) to a nonlicensee who does not appear in person at the licensee's business premises if the nonlicensee is a resident of the same State in which the licensee's business premises are located, and the nonlicensee furnishes to the licensee the firearms transaction record, Form 4473, required by § 478.124. The nonlicensee shall attach to such record a true copy of any permit or other information required pursuant to any statute of the State and published ordinance applicable to the locality in which he resides. The licensee shall prior to shipment or delivery of the firearm, forward by registered or certified mail (return receipt requested) a copy of the record, Form 4473, to the chief law enforcement officer named on such record, and delay shipment or delivery of the firearm for a period of at least 7 days following receipt by the licensee of the return receipt evidencing delivery of the copy of the record to such chief law enforcement officer, or the return of the copy of the record to him due to the refusal of such chief law enforcement officer to accept same in accordance with U.S. Postal Service regulations. The original Form 4473, and evidence of receipt or rejection of delivery of the copy of the Form 4473 sent to the chief law enforcement officer shall be retained by the licensee as a part of the records required of him to be kept under the provisions of subpart H of this part.

Can this be done in any state? I know we use PICS instead of NICS.. I have a good ffl I've used in the past but he's 2hrs away, been using one close to me but his  nfa transfer rates are high. Would love to use the other ffl if he can mail directly to me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Can this be done in any state? I know we use PICS instead of NICS.. I have a good ffl I've used in the past but he's 2hrs away, been using one close to me but his  nfa transfer rates are high. Would love to use the other ffl if he can mail directly to me.
View Quote

It's federal law, so in theory the answer is "yes". It's covered in the white book you get as an FFL (I'm not one, but I think that's the term a local shop used).

Lots of dealers don't know the particulars, or are hesitant to do it for some reason.

Now, there may be some states with restrictions, but I don't know the particulars.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#45]
36 left
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Apparently I need glasses, I thought it said 28th for some reason. Octane ordered

ETA: hopefully SS doesn't beat this deal, but I doubt it
View Quote

Even if they don't beat it, SS does price match.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:25:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah...so close. 9Osprey at a price I might've gone for if it was any 40Osprey. FIFY

Salvo $999.99
Ti-Rant 45 $499.99
Ti-Rant 9 $348.99
Sparrow $349.99

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...so close. 9Osprey at a price I might've gone for if it was any 40Osprey. FIFY

Salvo $999.99
Ti-Rant 45 $499.99
Ti-Rant 9 $348.99
Sparrow $349.99

Oh boy, discount code knocks a combo of the ti-rant 9&45 down to roughly $349/ & $475  I think the plastic in my wallet just melted.  Pretty much works on everything on that list cheaper than advertised.

Edit: Just realized this is can 9 & 10 10 & 11 that will be in NFA jail....  NO MORE turkey day deals please.  FML i cant even remember what i have got going on.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:39:55 AM EDT
[#48]
ugh...  just realized dakota silencer has the tirant 45 for $450 or two for $850.  Oh well, QRF gets my Ti-Rant .45 purchase and the extra $25 for now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Silencer Shop has a wait list for the original Mystic at @ $496. I'm going to have to grab another one at that price.

Wait list = I'm optimistic.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Oh boy, discount code knocks a combo of the ti-rant 9&45 down to roughly $349/ & $475  I think the plastic in my wallet just melted.  Pretty much works on everything on that list cheaper than advertised.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Salvo $999.99
Ti-Rant 45 $499.99 $449.99
Ti-Rant 9 $348.99
Sparrow $349.99

Thought you'd found a problem with a coupon code...then realized I had a typo in the post. The Ti-Rant 45 is $449.99 if you use the right promo code (BLACKT45).
Page / 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top