Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Terrible" accuracy is not what I was hoping for lol, but I have read good reports elsewhere. I did buy a new stainless 77/44 but I don't have a scope for it yet so I haven't shot it. I could answer the recoil question for myself if I would just go shoot it, but looking at the Chuck Hawks recoil tables the 44 is more than double the recoil of 357 mag. Hopefully the Hybrid will help to reduce recoil for the kiddos and I can always download the ammo a little, although I didn't feel much improvement by downloading their .50 cal muzzy.
View Quote
You could definitely download it to go easy on the kids. Those 44spls are really soft. The accuracy is easy to improve on, from what I've read on cast boolit forum.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Some help for others that might encounter a problem(s) I had.  I ran into issues with failures to feed and such.  So reading up on this, I learned that some people were having the same trouble.  The solution was either to send it to ruger or DIY.  Ruger usually removes some material from the feed ramp to solve the issue.  Since we violate the warranty with threading the barrel, I went the DIY version since I am heading down that road.  I polished the feed ramp with fltiz and q-tips.  Took 2.5 hours while I watched youtube.  Every 30 minutes, I would try out some dummy reloads I had and gradual improvement.  By the end I had rounds feeding very well and also when doing it slowly.  38 special saw an improvement.  My thoughts are this is that there is small tooling marks on the ramp that would catch the jacket of what ever rounds I was feeding.  I have yet to do live fire, but hope this might help some people out.  Do your research first then go at it.  I would never suggest a dremel tool.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Huh, the only issues I've had on mine are factory truncated cone loads. Flocci I think. 
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I only use xtreme bullets in my reloads.  FP specifically, but did try some semi wad cutters and they also would hang up.  Now things seem in order.  Could be the plated bullet design, but they would jam up nice and tight on the feed ramp.  Tomorrow hopefully will be a range report while I chrono.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quick update to my testing.  Shot about 40 rounds with only 1 "jam" that didn't end up being one due to some aggressive bolt pushing.  Normally before the polishing it wouldn't budge.  Now it just goes in.  Also put about 30 38 special through and had 1 jam, but that is to be expected with 38 special.  Overall, happy with the progress of the DIY fix.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Shenanigans over in Team reply #71
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude 
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Hate to say it, but I'm posting mine up for sale locally.  With 3 different types of ammo, it is a shotgun pattern at 50 yards.  Entirely possible I can't shoot, since I've only gone once in the last 9 months, but I don't have the money to spare into trying to figure it out.

Going to think on it overnight though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I am in state, just putting it out there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:39:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am in state, just putting it out there.
View Quote
I didn't know you were up here.  If you are in Fairbanks, you are welcome to get with me sometime or another and give it a try.  Honestly, considering all the extras I have for it, I doubt I'll get my asking price, so I'll likely just stick it in the safe.  That or try to handload for it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:13:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Up here is a relative statement. I am in Anchorage, only 400 ish miles away.

I understand if it decides to live in the safe. The selling of one means you have to buy 4 to replace it.

My wife still doesn't understand that part about owning guns. LOL
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Bolt shims, action screw torque, trigger.... All of these could improve accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bolt shims, action screw torque, trigger.... All of these could improve accuracy.
View Quote
Bolt and trigger shims are installed. Action scene torque was played with, trigger has a 2.5# break with a VQ seat and spring. 

Still patterns huge at 50. Was hand sized at 25.   Realistically I know handloading wouldn't halve that, but I don't have any money for it. Ammo yesterday was provided by a friend since I can't even afford that. 

But, after thinking on it overnight and cooling off, I'm going to try to figure it out. Love the rifle and want to SBR it, so I just need to make it shoot. 
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#15]
That's crazy. What's the crown look like? I'd call Ruger if those mods haven't fixed it. Remove your aftermarket parts first though. Ruger has typically been good at working with customers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's crazy. What's the crown look like? I'd call Ruger if those mods haven't fixed it. Remove your aftermarket parts first though. Ruger has typically been good at working with customers.
View Quote
Yeah, I'm thinking about calling them.  Figure I still have the factory parts, so that'll be easy.  Looking at my brass from last night, I'm wondering if the chamber is too deep.  There's a V of carbon down each case, no matter if it is 38 or 357.  

I'll post some photos here in a bit.  Will be iPotato ones as I don't have a macro lens for my DSLR.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine has a very specific purpose. Hunting quietly from a stand in the back of my property. The longest shot is 50yds, due to the brush. I can group about 5" at 100yds with no modifications, and that is acceptable. I'll probably play with some shims though.

I have been unsuccessful trying to pull the front action screw. I need to find a better fitting bit, because mine are too narrow. Once I get past that hurdle, I'll send it off to get cut and threaded.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mine has a very specific purpose. Hunting quietly from a stand in the back of my property. The longest shot is 50yds, due to the brush. I can group about 5" at 100yds with no modifications, and that is acceptable. I'll probably play with some shims though.

I have been unsuccessful trying to pull the front action screw. I need to find a better fitting bit, because mine are too narrow. Once I get past that hurdle, I'll send it off to get cut and threaded.
View Quote
Ruger *really* puts that screw on there.  It was practically cold welded on mine, it took my smith the proper bit in a long handled driver to get it loose after soaking in kroil.   Reminds me that I need a new screw if I keep the rifle.  Honestly given the fit and finish on things on this rifle (front sight in the photo for example) I'm wondering if I got a friday special.  Figure this is only the 3rd time the rifle has gotten out, and it's lived in a soft case the rest of the time.

I have exactly $40 to try to get this running, since my tax return came in today.   I am going to deep clean the barrel today if I can figure out where the hell my cleaning rod is.  Worst case I'll snag one of my dad's.

Photos as requested:  
1. Barrel Crown
2. Photos of 357 and 38 brass.  Both have matching 'blow by' marks.  Just one per case, but pretty much the same between them.

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#19]
And a target.  158gr Fiocci was the most accurate, which is the 10rd group pictured.  130gr FMJ 38 was only hitting the target half the time, which was strange.  It grouped good at first, then went way wide after that to the point that only 6/10 were on target, and spaced over 7" or so.

If I'm being overly harsh on the rifle, please let me know.  Just pissed that I dumped a ton of money into this and it doesn't shoot well.  I'd pick up a scope for it, but you aren't going to get good glass for $40 

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Well fuck me, that's a start.  The barrel isn't floated at all.  Full contact with the stock for at least the last third.    Going to go try to clean that up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Good god, WTF happened to your front site?

Also send that back to ruger, and have the chamber , throat looked at. I am not a gunsmith but even my brass from my S&W 586 is showing it either not at all or all around it. There is a strong possibility that chamber is cobbled up something good since you are getting 6" groups at 50. What brass is it?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Good god, WTF happened to your front site?

Also send that back to ruger, and have the chamber , throat looked at. I am not a gunsmith but even my brass from my S&W 586 is showing it either not at all or all around it. There is a strong possibility that chamber is cobbled up something good since you are getting 6" groups at 50. What brass is it?
View Quote
Im going to the range tomorrow to give it another go. Removed most of the material contacting the barrel so if that fixes it, I'll call it good. But yeah, the front sight is kinda butchered. 

As for the brass, some of the guys in GD were saying it is probably because the loads weren't hot enough. 158gr Fiocci JSP

Tomorrow will make or break it. We'll see if it goes back to Ruger. Not like swapping the shims, sear, and mag release are hard. 
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Alrighty, so free floating it seemed to do the trick.  Group sizes are well under half size compared to previous.  With a good scope, a little more tweaking on the stock, and handloads, I imagine I could get it to 1.5-2moa.

First target is at 50m, second at 25.  Mind you, these groups were shot with iron sights that I'm not exactly proficient with.

-Blue Arrow called shots with Fiocci 158gr JSP.  Consistently shooting 2" high and 4-5" left
-red 3 shot group Cor-Bon 110gr 38 Special
-blue circle called shots with fiocci 158gr once I got it figured out
-orange 130gr Cor-Bon JHP
-green UMC 158gr lead SWC

25m target was just trying the fiocci at a closer distance at the left bullseye.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 4:46:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Alrighty, so free floating it seemed to do the trick.  Group sizes are well under half size compared to previous.  With a good scope, a little more tweaking on the stock, and handloads, I imagine I could get it to 1.5-2moa.

First target is at 50m, second at 25.  Mind you, these groups were shot with iron sights that I'm not exactly proficient with.

-Blue Arrow called shots with Fiocci 158gr JSP.  Consistently shooting 2" high and 4-5" left
-red 3 shot group Cor-Bon 110gr 38 Special
-blue circle called shots with fiocci 158gr once I got it figured out
-orange 130gr Cor-Bon JHP
-green UMC 158gr lead SWC

25m target was just trying the fiocci at a closer distance at the left bullseye.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/207715/DSC-4774-196162.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/207715/DSC-4780-196166.JPG
View Quote
Ok, something I learned a few (to many years back).

Sometimes a .357 has to have some stout .357 loads. Had a 10 inch D&W that would be minute of volkswagen with .38 special/.357 mag 158 grn SWC (read fun to shot not to loud or punishing). Using up some older ammo had some smoking hot .357 125 grn loads that just plain were hard to shoot in the 4 inch barrel put a 1 inch group with the longer barrel (off sand bags and shooting bench). With the Orange group showing the tightest you might see if yours likes beast loads. Weather it is pushing max pistol loads, or 200-250 grn slugs at 950 FPS.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:07:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, told really seemed to like the higher pressure stuff. It'll be a while (broke as hell) but I'll try to come up with a handload. Need a powder scale and components first though. 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#26]
disregard
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 3:43:28 AM EDT
[#27]
So I'm finally getting moved forward on this more.  Once my scope rings show up, I'll have a Vortex 1-4 mounted on my rifle.  If the LaRue SPR mount the scope was in when I got it (trade with an arfcommer) sells, I'll be picking up a Boyds stock.  Here's hoping the EE is useful for once. 

Did you guys glass bed yours, or was accuracy decent without it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
...snip...

Did you guys glass bed yours, or was accuracy decent without it?
View Quote
Nope, didn't free float it either. Pretty sure having it cut and threaded at 16" by jpgrips is where the accuracy comes from.

That and my load experimenting with heavy subs.

Crown looked good to my eye before but I ain't a bullet
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nope, didn't free float it either. Pretty sure having it cut and threaded at 16" by jpgrips is where the accuracy comes from.

View Quote
I'm hoping your right, my 77/44 is at Jim's right now. Didn't even bother to fire it before sending it out. For some reason my rifle came with high rings and I'm pretty sure I don't need to mount a 56mm scope to it so I emailed Ruger and they quickly sent out some medium rings for free. Didn't ask for the high rings back either, pretty good customer service! The wait for the Hybrid is agonizing...
Next purchase is the Volquartsen trigger. The 77/22 VQ is a drop in conversion for these correct?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Next purchase is the Volquartsen trigger. The 77/22 VQ is a drop in conversion for these correct?
View Quote
Yes, straight parts swap. Some of the Volqs are hit or miss on 77 series.
I have two 77/22s with them and there is a full pound pull difference.
I had to switch the heavier one to a JARD in order to get the pull I wanted.

Hang on to those high rings, its the ocular bell that screws you on these. Bolt handle clearance is tight.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought it was the sear that worked, or do the trigger and wear fit? Wear and spring brought my trigger down to around  2.5# btw. You do have to remove a thousandth or two on the safety for proper function as the dimensions are slightly different. 
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, straight parts swap. Some of the Volqs are hit or miss on 77 series.
I have two 77/22s with them and there is a full pound pull difference.
I had to switch the heavier one to a JARD in order to get the pull I wanted.

Hang on to those high rings, its the ocular bell that screws you on these. Bolt handle clearance is tight.
View Quote
Roger that. Hard to imagine I'd need the high rings but maybe. Actually the stock trigger isn't bad, just a little too heavy. Brownells has some cheap Wolf springs that are supposed to reduce pull but only by 20%. Hoping I don't have to mess with the safety to get the VQ to work...
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Dropped my 77/44 off to get the barrel chopped and threaded yesterday. Hopefully we have a quick turn around. I need to get a scale and some calipers, then I'm good to load up the Sierra 300gr jsp I bought. I'm really hoping that these bullets perform well. I'm going to try them qt 1.61oal over 8.3gr of unique. That seems to be a popular load for subs.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I need to get a scale and some calipers, then I'm good to load up the Sierra 300gr jsp I bought. I'm really hoping that these bullets perform well. I'm going to try them qt 1.61oal over 8.3gr of unique. That seems to be a popular load for subs.
View Quote
Is that the Sierra #8630 bullet? These?
I looked at those but the recommended OAL of 1.735 will not work in the magazine, so I'm assuming you won't be able to use the cannelure? Maybe that's not needed for subs anyway. Let me know how that load works out. I ordered some 300 gr Nosler JHP's and Trail Boss to try, along with some H110 and XTP 240's. I'd like to try out some cheap plated 240's for plinker subs but I'm hesitant to run plated bullets through a can.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Is that the Sierra #8630 bullet? These?
I looked at those but the recommended OAL of 1.735 will not work in the magazine, so I'm assuming you won't be able to use the cannelure? Maybe that's not needed for subs anyway. Let me know how that load works out. I ordered some 300 gr Nosler JHP's and Trail Boss to try, along with some H110 and XTP 240's. I'd like to try out some cheap plated 240's for plinker subs but I'm hesitant to run plated bullets through a can.
View Quote
Yes, that's them. A member here, can't remember his name, told me that he loads them to 1.6 with no problem. He said the cannelure isn't a big deal.

I'd also like to try some heavy cast bullets. My can comes apart, so leading shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#36]
You 77/44 guys take a look;
The .44 Mag and the effects of a 405 Grain Bullet

^The point is if you can load that pill into a 629, you can load it into a 77/44^ IOW,
Thump to the 44th power. Mousefart loud through like a Hybrid, Hammer of Thor effect.

Maybe even use 44 Special brass like I did (38 Special in 77/357)

Could not find a 405gr mold, probably custom.  

Found a 420gr mold http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=43-420J-D.png

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

...snip...

I'd also like to try some heavy cast bullets. My can comes apart, so leading shouldn't be an issue.
View Quote
Powdercoat the pills. Only equipment need is powder, ziploc bag and heat.
Results through my Octane9 with PCCB, less crud, zero PC in can, good accuracy.
PC stays on bullet except where consumed as lube in the bbl. Zero leading in bbl too.

Recovered after going through 12-14" Dead Spruce, straight wheel weights alloy
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Powdercoat the pills. Only equipment need is powder, ziploc bag and heat.
Results through my Octane9 with PCCB, less crud, zero PC in can, good accuracy.
PC stays on bullet except where consumed as lube in the bbl. Zero leading in bbl too.

Recovered after going through 12-14" Dead Spruce, straight wheel weights alloy
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/postban/Rifles/Centerfire/Ruger%2077-357/IMG_20151117_140311_zps7vlxx2qr.jpg
View Quote
I actually bought a goodwill toaster oven for that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You 77/44 guys take a look;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDc61sq-H-A

^The point is if you can load that pill into a 629, you can load it into a 77/44^ IOW,
Thump to the 44th power. Mousefart loud through like a Hybrid, Hammer of Thor effect.

Maybe even use 44 Special brass like I did (38 Special in 77/357)

Could not find a 405gr mold, probably custom.  

Found a 420gr mold http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=43-420J-D.png

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1147/43-420J-D-202133.JPG
View Quote
I would definitely like to try that. How would I determine the powder charge for that? What effect does the shorter brass have on your load? I've got 50rds of 44spl, so the brass odd becoming available, lol.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#40]
I'd head over to castboolits.com and get some help in the reloading forum.
Somebody has probably done this, subsonic 444 Marlin heavies or something.
Aim for >1100fps or lower depending on temp/elevation.

Interesting article on 250gr 44SPL http://www.handloads.com/articles/default.asp?id=4

The shorter brass is to help you crimp farther down the bullet.
You don't care about max velocity cause you got a speed limit, just fitting in the box mag.
The longer 44mag case may force you to crimp on the ogive
Pic should explain it;
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Ok, that makes sense now. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Found some 405gr cast;
https://beartoothbullets.com/bulletselect/index.htm?category=4&id=

Story about FLAT TOP and a 405gr load

Call BearTooth, buy bullets, ask about load info, profit
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Found some 405gr cast;
https://beartoothbullets.com/bulletselect/index.htm?category=4&id=

Story about FLAT TOP and a 405gr load

Call BearTooth, buy bullets, ask about load info, profit
View Quote
Cool, thanks
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Alrighty, so I finally got the Vortex Viper 1-4 mounted since the Warne rings arrived.  ($25 for the pair, so why not)  Will post a photo of the rifle once I'm done cleaning the house.  Free floating appears to have done the trick for accuracy.  Granted this was only 158gr S&B but it's all I have on hand, and can't afford more at the moment.  Down to around 30rds   I am currently resizing a ton of brass, so when I find a load that shoots really well, I can try to duplicate it.  

Middle two groups were seeing where it was hitting then tweaking zero.  Top left was going to be going for group, but it needed a touch more tweaking.  Bottom right was the group I was going for accuracy on until the wind knocked the box over.  Didn't have time to reset and keep shooting because I had a doc appt to get to.  That said, group sizes are easily half of what they used to be.

Unfortunately it'll be another month minimum before I can make another range trip.  Pretty much every penny I have is going towards a monolight for photo work this summer and a passport since Alaska doesn't have Real ID cards. Come June 8 or something, our ID doesn't work for flying in or out of state.  Kinda important to get to my docs and all.

BUT I plan on seeing if I can find some 180gr and see how they group since it looks like everyone's rifles like heavy loads.

Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I put a 77/357 on layaway. I plan to get it threaded and ready for some Mystic suppression. Should be fun reloading for it and seeing what it can do. I like what I see in this thread...
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#46]
After a long talk with my family regarding my medical condition, what the docs might think is going on, etc, I am putting my rifle up for sale.  Best case, it'll be 5+ years before I get around to doing anything with it.  Can try to find another then.  Worst case, I won't be around in 5 years.  Realistically I likely won't get my asking, but it's worth a shot to post it at my minimum dollar.

Considering I have nearly $1900 sunk into it, that's a lot of money to be sitting around.  Would rather invest it in camera gear to use while I can, or to make money with in the future should the worst case from the docs not happen.  We'll see if anyone bites while the $1500 asking is enough to get a camera upgrade though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
After a long talk with my family regarding my medical condition, what the docs might think is going on, etc, I am putting my rifle up for sale.  Best case, it'll be 5+ years before I get around to doing anything with it.  Can try to find another then.  Worst case, I won't be around in 5 years.  Realistically I likely won't get my asking, but it's worth a shot to post it at my minimum dollar.

Considering I have nearly $1900 sunk into it, that's a lot of money to be sitting around.  Would rather invest it in camera gear to use while I can, or to make money with in the future should the worst case from the docs not happen.  We'll see if anyone bites while the $1500 asking is enough to get a camera upgrade though.
View Quote
I hope your condition improves and clears.

What all have you done to your 77? Do you have some pics? I have one coming and want to have it suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:04:54 AM EDT
[#48]
I found the bullet I got my deer with last season.
Weighs 233 gr, originally 245
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:18:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What all have you done to your 77? Do you have some pics? I have one coming and want to have it suppressed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  It's looking like multiple lifelong chronic conditions at this point.    Going to wait and see what the test results show next week and go from there on the rifle.  4 years with no income has made it a bit rough on the gun collection.  This is the last one I own because I'd like to try to do the SBR work if I can.  Just need money and to be around for it.  Kinda had a mix of fuck it and panic attack this weekend about the tests this AM.  Considering I understand a good chunk of medical stuff, I did the cardinal sin of googling the stuff they are trying to rule out.  Idiot rookie move. 

did bolt and trigger shims, VQ oversized magazine release and 2.5# target sear/spring set for the internal stuff.  Figure $800 of the $1881 I've spent on it is just the scope setup and extra mags to be honest.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thanks.  It's looking like multiple lifelong chronic conditions at this point.    Going to wait and see what the test results show next week and go from there on the rifle.  4 years with no income has made it a bit rough on the gun collection.  This is the last one I own because I'd like to try to do the SBR work if I can.  Just need money and to be around for it.  Kinda had a mix of fuck it and panic attack this weekend about the tests this AM.  Considering I understand a good chunk of medical stuff, I did the cardinal sin of googling the stuff they are trying to rule out.  Idiot rookie move. 

did bolt and trigger shims, VQ oversized magazine release and 2.5# target sear/spring set for the internal stuff.  Figure $800 of the $1881 I've spent on it is just the scope setup and extra mags to be honest.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/207715/77357-214181.JPG
View Quote
Looks good so far. Why not hang onto your last one? Maybe set a goal to finish the work when you're in a better spot. It's good to keep hopes high when dealing with illness. It looks like I may have an autoimmune disease. Probably not as bad as what you're enduring, but I understand sickness. You're rifle is close to being an SBR! Just need stamp money and some muzzle work (well, perhaps a can too). Keep your spirit up!
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top