Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2014 8:18:02 PM EDT
Saw one today at the local dealer,  anyone have one?  likes? Dislikes?  I have an octane 9 HD2.... Any comparison?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Saw one today at the local dealer,  anyone have one?  likes? Dislikes?  I have an octane 9 HD2.... Any comparison?
View Quote

No comparison at all. The 9S was made for operators who needed to take the bite out of shooting and in a small compact package. I have one pending since 8/7 and have shot about 3-400 rounds through it on my P938. Love the small gun and small can. Shot wet, and it's a pleasure to shoot without earpro. It will be my HD night table pistol with some sort of non corroding ablative. Since it's not your first can and you have a full size awesome can, why not...get it. If at all possible, see if you can find someone local to you to shoot it so you can see how it sounds and performs. This one is my first pistol can, but I have shot it in the past and know what to expect. I wa able to find a shoulder holster that will accommodate my pistol with the can attached with a little work. I'll be mall ninja-tacticool-operator awesome with it.  

My next can is going to be a octane 45. I won't bother with the TiRant 45S...no need for it. This was an impulse buy that I don't regret. Ymmv
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No comparison at all. The 9S was made for operators who needed to take the bite out of shooting and in a small compact package. I have one pending since 8/7 and have shot about 3-400 rounds through it on my P938. Love the small gun and small can. Shot wet, and it's a pleasure to shoot without earpro. It will be my HD night table pistol with some sort of non corroding ablative. Since it's not your first can and you have a full size awesome can, why not...get it. If at all possible, see if you can find someone local to you to shoot it so you can see how it sounds and performs. This one is my first pistol can, but I have shot it in the past and know what to expect. I wa able to find a shoulder holster that will accommodate my pistol with the can attached with a little work. I'll be mall ninja-tacticool-operator awesome with it.  

My next can is going to be a octane 45. I won't bother with the TiRant 45S...no need for it. This was an impulse buy that I don't regret. Ymmv
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Artimus.   Have you shot the 9s dry and how was it?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Artimus.   Have you shot the 9s dry and how was it?  Thanks
View Quote

Yup...indoor range and 115 grain wasn't pleasant but in a HD situation would be just fine. With the 147 grain, dry, I couldn't tell the difference between the supersonic load...not pleasant but in a HD situation,just fine.

I was able to shoot with just cheap foam plugs and barely in my ears with the can dry in the indoor range. Outdoors, it should be like shooting my Specwar 762 on a 556 rifle...whole lots of fun, no earpro, and turning heads.

I just wish there was more professional video reviews done on this can.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I can hear a distinct difference between 115 and 147. Mines in jail, so I've only shot it indoors...

http://youtu.be/gnh_2wrrSyU

http://youtu.be/CRMHxpIauto

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Cjoffl and artimus

Would you have to have foams with the 9s if you were outdoors, ie, could you blast a couple hundred rounds outside pleasantly?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cjoffl and artimus

Would you have to have foams with the 9s if you were outdoors, ie, could you blast a couple hundred rounds outside pleasantly?
View Quote

Subsonic...all day long. Supers...as long as you're in an open area, you're gtg. It's like shooting a really good 762 rifle can on a 556 out in an open field...you'll hear the sonic crack but down range. Under cover or really close to trees, wear at least foam plugs...the sonic crack will bounce off the close surfaces and ring your ears.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Good to see some feedback on this finally(even though I bought mine months ago)

Will post more info when I can get mine out of Suppressor Jail.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cjoffl and artimus

View Quote

Sorry, I won't know until March, 2015 or so :(
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cjoffl and artimus

How long ago did you buy it and it went pending? Mine went pending 8/7 and purchased on 6/26. I'm hoping for thanksgiving or sooner.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#11]
The 9s is next on my suppressor purchase list.  Never shot one but I pretty much know what to expect.  I say go for it, especially since you already own a full size 9mil can.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one too, and really like it.

I've only shot it wet, as that's how I shoot all my cans, but I notice no differnce in sound after 100 rounds, when you'd think most or all of the liquid is gone.

I always use plugs, so I can't comment on the plugless sound.  But the loudest sound by far is the sound of the metal plate falling, not the gunshot.

Seemed about as quiet, for what it's worth, as a .45 with a full size can, again with plugs in.

It's a great second can, for something different than the Octane/Tirant/Osprey full sizers, which area all about the same for sound reduction.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Literally picked one up today. Shorter than my element 2
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:How long ago did you buy it and it went pending? Mine went pending 8/7 and purchased on 6/26. I'm hoping for thanksgiving or sooner.
View Quote

I bought it in early September.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top