Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2014 11:06:27 PM EDT
So that one suppressor can use all of those calibers?

How is that possible?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

How is that possible?
View Quote

Built tough and user serviceable.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How is that possible?

This - and there are minimum barrel length requirements for some centerfire rifle cartridges.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is that possible?

That's what sold me. Ordered this morning. I really like the monocore design.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked mine up last May.
I love it.   I run .22, 300 BK,.223. Sounds awesome.

I need A threaded barrel to shoot nine MM.
Liberty mystic
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:03:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Liberty mystic
View Quote

With one can? The same can?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liberty mystic

There are some YouTube videos where they put it on multiple hosts and calibers. Performance is pretty impressive across the board.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#7]
For every upside there is a downside and there are a lot of downsides.  Its basically a 9mm pistol can that is build heavier with stronger materials.  You can use it on a 22lr for example, but it extremely big and heavy for that application, you'd be much happier with a dedicated 22lr suppressor that is a fraction of the weight.  Also most other 9mm cans that are much lighter can be used the same rimfire calibers, they are much lighter, and their cones can be tumbled.  For just pistol use it is pretty heavy as well, it weighs 60%+ more than a AAC Tirant 9, obviously weight is a huge issue on a handgun.  The 5.56 use is limited to a 16" barrel and it direct thread, almost everyone that suppresses a AR does it on a SBR, so no good here, because it is direct thread you pretty much have to have a dedicated upper for it that does not have a muzzle device installed, and it is not like you can abuse it then.  It is one of the lightest options that supports subsonic and supersonic 300blk.  For someone that only wants a 300blk suppressor, or only a 300blk + 9mm rifle + heavy 22lr rifle it would be a good choice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For every upside there is a downside and there are a lot of downsides.  Its basically a 9mm pistol can that is build heavier with stronger materials.  You can use it on a 22lr for example, but it extremely big and heavy for that application, you'd be much happier with a dedicated 22lr suppressor that is a fraction of the weight.  Also most other 9mm cans that are much lighter can be used the same rimfire calibers, they are much lighter, and their cones can be tumbled.  For just pistol use it is pretty heavy as well, it weighs 60%+ more than a AAC Tirant 9, obviously weight is a huge issue on a handgun.  The 5.56 use is limited to a 16" barrel and it direct thread, almost everyone that suppresses a AR does it on a SBR, so no good here, because it is direct thread you pretty much have to have a dedicated upper for it that does not have a muzzle device installed, and it is not like you can abuse it then.  It is one of the lightest options that supports subsonic and supersonic 300blk.  For someone that only wants a 300blk suppressor, or only a 300blk + 9mm rifle + heavy 22lr rifle it would be a good choice.
View Quote

Valid points. For me this is my first can so I'm prepared for the faults it has as a "jack of all trades" vs. dedicated cans. It's a lifetime purchase so I appreciate the overkill nature to serve well on a multitude of hosts. I can always get more specific platform suppressors down the road but the Mystic sure offers a lot for a first time can buyer. As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#9]
10 oz is heavy.....
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Valid points. For me this is my first can so I'm prepared for the faults it has as a "jack of all trades" vs. dedicated cans. It's a lifetime purchase so I appreciate the overkill nature to serve well on a multitude of hosts. I can always get more specific platform suppressors down the road but the Mystic sure offers a lot for a first time can buyer. As always, YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did good.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
10 oz is heavy.....
View Quote

Well its not 10oz, the body alone is 10.5oz, with adapter it is 13.9oz.  Thats 3-4x heavier than some rimfire suppressors and on the heavy side for 9mm cans, like for example the AAC Tirant 9 I have pending is 8.6oz.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Previously banned member
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top