Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 11:07:37 AM EDT
Here's my T/C Encore 8" MGM 300 Blackout suppressed pistol. Taken with my phone...
There aren't too many out there like this.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Now that is cool!  $?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now that is cool!  $?
View Quote

If you have to ask...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I SBR'd a Contender and shoot a short 30-30 barrel on it with my Omega 30.  I'd love to have a Whisper or Blackout barrel for it!

CHRIS
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I installed the Bellm TC: lightweight trigger spring, increased power mainspring (because of the hammer extension), oversized hinge pin, and lightweight hammer extension. Did the trigger job myself, with the help of Bellm's instructions.
The 8" MGM barrel is a full 1" bull with no taper. I had a custom machined precision bushing made that increased the OD of the Gemtech threaded mount to match the barrel OD, and increase the stiffness of the whole assembly (It's threaded 5/8"x24).

It's very quiet.... I'm shooting the 220gr and 208gr Amax rounds through it currently. Because of the weight of the barrel, there is very little recoil.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is a picture of the bushing I had made for the Gemtech Multimount. Note that the bushing is slightly extended from the original mount for a more precision/rigid fit.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#6]
There's a few out there.  Top one is a MGM barrel 8" 300 blackout.  Lower is a MGM 357 Maximum 10" barrel with a custom chamber to shoot 300 grain Lead bullets.

[/URL][/img]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice Seb. Yours is the only other one I've seen so far. I did a lot of looking before I did mine, because I wasn't sure on muzzle length. My 300 Blackout AR15 Pistol has a AAC 9" upper.

I don't have a SBR on my Encore. I've seen people putting the SIG Brace (which I'm running on my AR pistol) on the KRISS and on the Ruger Charger .22 pistols. I looked into the AR15 buffer tube Encore stock mount, but in the notes on the stock adapter, it says that mounting that device on a pistol would constitute a NFA weapon. So, I stayed away from it on the Encore. I've also read that adding a AR15 buffer tube to a pistol that was not designed for it...is legal. So I don't know what to think. I just want to be safe ;)
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with a 10" SSK barrel, back in the day.  

And yes - SBR is more fun.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is one from over at ST.
I would imagine a Thompson 300Blck pistol but with an RMR under Night vision would
prove deadly for some night time activities
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top