Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/23/2014 12:00:31 AM EDT
Check the ATF wait times on their site.

Oldest they have recieved is from 5/20 and the latest is fricken 7/31!!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#1]
That's great news! Mine went pending 8/19
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Sweet, just sent my first application in yesterday for a Sparrow with Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool, I've got 2 EVO 9s waiting for me there that should be back anytime now.  Also have a Salvo that's 2 months in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember...they base those dates on when the forms were mailed, not Pending dates.

For instance, I'm waiting on two that have 7/24 Pending dates. They were actually mailed 6/14, and that's the date SS will track on their page.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice. I'm not going to get too excited but it would be awesome to see more of thes rolling in.

If we could get faster form 3s that would be nice too
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Pending 09/26... Approval by Christmas would be a great gift from big brother!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#7]
So for a new guy, if i go thru the Silencer shop direct, a form 3 is not involved and there for cuts down time?

Or am i understanding it wrong?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember...they base those dates on when the forms were mailed, not Pending dates.

For instance, I'm waiting on two that have 7/24 Pending dates. They were actually mailed 6/14, and that's the date SS will track on their page.
View Quote

That's even better!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I got my evo-9 approval from the first batch at silencer shop
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#10]
It gets my hopes up. Mailed in  7/6-ish and went pending 7/31.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So for a new guy, if i go thru the Silencer shop direct, a form 3 is not involved and there for cuts down time?

Or am i understanding it wrong?
View Quote

No - a Form 3 is required to transfer from one dealer to another.  For SS no Form 3 is required only if you live in Texas.

In the Direct service SS contracts with a dealer local to you and works with them to do the Form 4.
This saves you having to find a local dealer but not time.

The only way to save time is to buy from a dealer in your state that has it in stock.

ETA - made Form 3 requirement clearer.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Ahhh hurry with my F3 SS, so I can get this thing submitted!  3-4 months would be amazeballs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I just mailed out 5 F4's today .  Fingers crossed an early spring approvals, but won't get my hopes up. (especially since these were individuals and not on a trust)
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ahhh hurry with my F3 SS, so I can get this thing submitted!  3-4 months would be amazeballs.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat on 2 cans.  

Form 3's are taking forever.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:20:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine is 3 weeks from cash checked and still not pending…...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's taking longer now than it did a couple months ago, which was way faster than it was six months before that. I hit a month yesterday on two.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I made a pickup this week where the F4 was filled out 8 May.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pending 09/26... Approval by Christmas would be a great gift from big brother!
View Quote

Same pending date here.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd like to see a graph of SS's approvals. I bet the 7/31 is a single point of data, with very few data points from July at all.

I just checked with my local dealer and his most recent approval is a 6/6 submission. I'm not going to say he has the same sample size, but he is the only dealer on NFAReviews rated higher than SS (currently 200 vs 118), so he's not a sell-one-can-a-week kind of guy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#20]
It could have been a hardship approval.  Military member receiving new orders, Class 3 dealer going out of business, etc...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#21]

I'm sitting about 90 days from check cashed. Hope I get some news soon.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#22]
That really sucks. I ordered a Saker 7.62 from them August 8th and was just notified this week that they had to resubmit the F3 a week ago because the ATF lost it. So I have to start all over with  my wait. Hopefully the f4 time gets even shorter, being set back over 2 months was quite a bummer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Double tap
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That really sucks. I ordered a Saker 7.62 from them August 8th and was just notified this week that they had to resubmit the F3 a week ago because the ATF lost it. So I have to start all over with  my wait. Hopefully the f4 time gets even shorter, being set back over 2 months was quite a bummer.
View Quote

Same here.  I bought a Saker 762 August 18th. I emailed them 2 weeks ago,  and they resubmitted it on 10/14.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://www.nfatracker.com/ChartImg.axd?i=chart_9033465fa5c34fd29f65835d55e7b893_2.png&g=a85687b717324d8eb18f0a7f64cf0ff8

View Quote

Where did you get that graph?? From that graph it looks like people aren't getting F4 paper trusts much later than 3 months at all.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Where did you get that graph?? From that graph it looks like people aren't getting F4 paper trusts much later than 3 months at all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.nfatracker.com/ChartImg.axd?i=chart_9033465fa5c34fd29f65835d55e7b893_2.png&g=a85687b717324d8eb18f0a7f64cf0ff8

nfatracker.   Most paper 4s are coming in first of June right now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

In reality, it is pretty sad we are excited about a 3-4 month wait. It was down to 3-4 weeks at one point, but that was 7 years ago...

But in perspective of recent transfer times, it is a good improvement.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Same here.  I bought a Saker 762 August 18th. I emailed them 2 weeks ago,  and they resubmitted it on 10/14.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.  I ordered a YHM Ti in Aug.  They had to resubmit it a couple weeks ago.  Bummer.  I wonder what happened?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#29]
That damn NFA TRACKER is saying less than 60 days. According to that wait periods have been absolutely freaking plummeting.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:16:38 AM EDT
[#30]
My last two from Silencer Shop were 4.5 and 5 months from submitted to approval.  Most recently was submitted on 5/8 and approved 10/8.  I have another Evo 9 that could be approved any day now that was submitted in late June.  Also a Salvo that was sent late August.  I need to get my shotgun barrels threaded before it gets approved otherwise it's just going to be a very expensive paperweight.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:06:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Not to burst everyone's excitement, but I imagine the wait times will start to rise again now that the summer overtime for ATF examiners is over.... not to mention everyone buying last minute 41P purchases.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not to burst everyone's excitement, but I imagine the wait times will start to rise again now that the summer overtime for ATF examiners is over.... not to mention everyone buying last minute 41P purchases.
View Quote

Overtime has been gone since the start of Oct when the fiscal year rolled over.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That damn NFA TRACKER is saying less than 60 days. According to that wait periods have been absolutely freaking plummeting.
View Quote

Keep in mind that is based off of "check cashed" date on the graph.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#34]
I bought from Silencer in mid August.  Check was cashed 9/26 and I just called yesterday and it went pending on 10/16.  I'm not sure if that meets the trend or not but was right at 5 weeks for a form 3 and then 10 days to cash the check and then another 3 weeks to go pending.  I think I'm getting my hopes up thinking it will be here by Christmas.  I find it so hard to believe that it is any harder to approve my stamp on a form for than it is to do it on an eform 1.  I put in an eForm 1 for SBR two weeks after I purchased my suppressor and that was approved on 10/20.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Same here.  I ordered a YHM Ti in Aug.  They had to resubmit it a couple weeks ago.  Bummer.  I wonder what happened?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SS filed a form 4 (Saker 762) on Arpil 28, it got lost and they had to refile July 31.  Something is wrong with that local PO I suspect.

I talked to them last week and they told me 5-6 months from filing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I bought from Silencer in mid August.  Check was cashed 9/26 and I just called yesterday and it went pending on 10/16.  I'm not sure if that meets the trend or not but was right at 5 weeks for a form 3 and then 10 days to cash the check and then another 3 weeks to go pending.  I think I'm getting my hopes up thinking it will be here by Christmas.  I find it so hard to believe that it is any harder to approve my stamp on a form for than it is to do it on an eform 1.  I put in an eForm 1 for SBR two weeks after I purchased my suppressor and that was approved on 10/20.
View Quote
I have two with 10/16 pending dates, but I'm not expecting to see either by Christmas...

ETA:  I am expecting my 8/20 pending though...  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very few are less than 60 days...the most recent grouping is still 4-5 month wait, but a downward trend.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know about the panic buying, I think it is pretty much over.  Most everyone who was concerned about that have bought what they wanted in the last year since it first came up.  I don't know if anyone has any money left to go on another buying spree.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't know about the panic buying, I think it is pretty much over.  Most everyone who was concerned about that have bought what they wanted in the last year since it first came up.  I don't know if anyone has any money left to go on another buying spree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can But I won't...my wife will divorce me and has my balls in a vise.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My local shop does all it can to move suppressors......then again, they still have AAC Evo 9's marked to sell for $829.

They've had it since May. I'm gonna see if I can go there today, and see if they wanna get rid of it for Silencer Shop's price.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've bought four cans this year, and am getting ready to sell some stuff to buy at least three more. I'm currently at 7.

I would love to see a capital armory sale on Ospreys!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#42]
I just called the NFA Branch to verify my pending date and it hasn't changed from 8/11/14 so hopefully I can get my suppressor by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#43]
They show an 08/13 received now...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here. I have three mailed in and none are pending yet.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damon at the NFA Branch told me earlier this week to expect 3-6 weeks from cashed to pending depending on inflow of forms...

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#46]
It's absolutely ridiculous how many forms are lost. Mine form 3 from SS was submitted August 9th, from an order I put in on the 8th. I e-mailed in mid October asking for a status because it had been longer than anyone anticipated. I was informed on October 20th, that the Form 3 was lost by the ATF, and my form was resubmitted on the 16th.

WTF ATF... I mean I know I shouldn't act pissed off. It's not really THAT big of a deal. But hell, if everything had gone smoothly, I would have the suppressor within a matter of a few months! Now here I am starting all the hell over, and probably won't see the thing till mid next year at this rate.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

It's absolutely ridiculous how many forms are lost. Mine form 3 from SS was submitted August 9th, from an order I put in on the 8th. I e-mailed in mid October asking for a status because it had been longer than anyone anticipated. I was informed on October 20th, that the Form 3 was lost by the ATF, and my form was resubmitted on the 16th.

WTF ATF... I mean I know I shouldn't act pissed off. It's not really THAT big of a deal. But hell, if everything had gone smoothly, I would have the suppressor within a matter of a few months! Now here I am starting all the hell over, and probably won't see the thing till mid next year at this rate.
View Quote
This is happening way too often with SS.  I'm not using them anymore unless it's just some smoking deal I have to have.  I've had no issues with any other dealer...

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I know. I wish it wasn't the case, but it simply is. The price on the Saker when I ordered was great and they were the only ones with it in stock. So I went for it. Next time I might hold out for local dealers with inventory to avoid this issue.

I was going to order a Spectre 2 from them because it's cheaper, but a local dealer has it in stock right now and I would probably only be paying $50 more. To avoid the Form 3 and the chance at losing everything, I think it's worth it to spend a bit more.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one that is at 5 weeks and isn't pending yet. I'll wait a few more weeks and give them a call back.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I know. I wish it wasn't the case, but it simply is. The price on the Saker when I ordered was great and they were the only ones with it in stock. So I went for it. Next time I might hold out for local dealers with inventory to avoid this issue.

I was going to order a Spectre 2 from them because it's cheaper, but a local dealer has it in stock right now and I would probably only be paying $50 more. To avoid the Form 3 and the chance at losing everything, I think it's worth it to spend a bit more.
View Quote
If it's only a $50 dollar difference and in stock locally, I'd go for it...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top