I'm interested in the 22 can .
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:51:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested in the 22 can .
View Quote

So am I.

With Pappas and Magee behind this, we can expect something evolutionary coming to market.
I knew something was up when he suddenly departed from Silencerco.

The .22 can is the most crowded suppressor market right now. Most new people new to suppressors start with .22 cans as their purchase. I did with the SS Sparrow. Anything entering this market is going to be judged by price point, over performance. Which is why I'm not going to buy Surefire's 22 can.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I was disappointed to learn they wont be selling factory direct to SOT's only through distributors just like silencerco.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I may get their 22 can as well if it's similar to the Sparrow or Spectre, I'm sure I need a 3rd 22 can.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was disappointed to learn they wont be selling factory direct to SOT's only through distributors just like silencerco.
View Quote

At a certain volume it is probably just too much hassle. Same reason pretty much none of the big gun manufacturers do so.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:06:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I played with both the sandman L and S the other day. They are way cool. Super lightweight compared to my specwar and the attachment was very solid. I didn't get to shoot them, but Mike said they are very quiet and should give the competition a good scare.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:59:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I played with both the sandman L and S the other day. They are way cool. Super lightweight compared to my specwar and the attachment was very solid. I didn't get to shoot them, but Mike said they are very quiet and should give the competition a good scare.
View Quote

I'm jelly. I want one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm jelly. I want one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm jelly. I want one.

Yep.  Sandman will be a near future purchase.

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
From pro-wrestling to silencers, you gotta give the guy credit.

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Little birdie sent me some info today:

SANDMAN Ti - 762mm direct thread $849.00 MSRP

SANDMAN S - 762mm QD Silencer Muzzle Brake included $1,049.00 MSRP

SANDMAN L - 762mm QD Silencer Muzzle Brake included $1,199.00 MSRP

No way for me to verify it, but figured I'd pass it along.
View Quote

MSRPs confirmed in this press release.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Dead-Air-Armament--Launches-7-62-Sandman--Suppressor-Line.html?soid=1102126238606&aid=gm9Eek0C624
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Now if we can just get Gary m'fing Hughes back with Pappas, we will be set.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Dead-Air-Armament--Launches-7-62-Sandman--Suppressor-Line.html?soid=1102126238606&aid=gm9Eek0C624

seems identical to the YHM Phantom Ti. Why would I get this instead of the YHM ?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

seems identical to the YHM Phantom Ti. Why would I get this instead of the YHM ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever dealt with Pappas before? He has the best customer service in the industry hands down. That right there is a huge selling point for me.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Have you ever dealt with Pappas before? He has the best customer service in the industry hands down. That right there is a huge selling point for me.
View Quote

Never heard of him. But customer service is big with me also. I've heard the same of YHM though, and theirs would fit the QD I already have.

i guess I'm saying sell me on this one.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Never heard of him. But customer service is big with me also. I've heard the same of YHM though, and theirs would fit the QD I already have.

View Quote

The Sakers will also fit on your QD mounts.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

really?????  $30 is worth the 1" shorter. but 5oz heavier too???

or would I rather 1" longer, 5 oz lighter ?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
really?????  $30 is worth the 1" shorter. but 5oz heavier too???

or would I rather 1" longer, 5 oz lighter ?
View Quote

I was simply pointing out the Saker has the ability to mount on YHM mounts, in case you didn't know. Between approved and pending, I have the YHM LT and ULT and the Saker 556 and 762...and they all fit on my YHM QD mounts (as would the Saker K 556). The Y-mount is a little heavier and longer than the trifecta mount, so you also have to take that into consideration.

I'd love to see the Dead Air cans be able to work with other brands' mounts, but not sure that'll happen. But, I will take a hard look at their 22 can when released.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm in the same boat with 51 tooth mounts. I now have one N6 ,two Sakers and six rifles with 51 tooth mounts.  Didn't plan it that way ,but It is what it is.   I was going to go  with the Harvester next but I'm thinking about waiting for the Sandman TI .  I really don't want to go with a different QD at this point.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't noticed a drop in Customer Service with SilencerCo after Pappas left. Some of the best CS of any company I've dealt with. Have you dealt with Pappas outside of Silencerco?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I may have to pick up one if these in a 308.  Pleasantly surprised by the MSRPs.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I haven't noticed a drop in Customer Service with SilencerCo after Pappas left. Some of the best CS of any company I've dealt with. Have you dealt with Pappas outside of Silencerco?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

deal with him everyday!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top