Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2014 1:58:51 PM EDT
Anyone used Guntrust Lawyer.com trust more than once???  As in Second and third, etc submissions???

If so I have questions on the "Assignment Page"....
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used them...but I've never sent an updated Schedule A (my trust doesn't use Assignment pages). 15 submissions so far, and they've all had the same initial Schedule A that just shows $200 cash. I keep the current/updated copy at home.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I've submitted several as well and I've never updated my schedule A either.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone used Guntrust Lawyer.com trust more than once???  As in Second and third, etc submissions???

If so I have questions on the "Assignment Page"....
View Quote

I submitted my form applications without the Assignment Sheets attached and have never had a problem.  I complete it for my files though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I send in the same copy of my trust now that I sent with my first application...
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I haven't used them...but I've never sent an updated Schedule A (my trust doesn't use Assignment pages). 15 submissions so far, and they've all had the same initial Schedule A that just shows $200 cash. I keep the current/updated copy at home.
View Quote

Which is why I was aiming at folks that had used Guntrust...  

From what I have seen (limited, I admit) his trusts use an "assignment sheet", and some other use the Schedule A, some use both, some use neither...

I called the ATF and got the answer of the say...

My question to them was, Awhile back I used my trust for the 1st time, I submitted two Form 1s, to make two SBRs... Everything went well.

Now I'd like to add three more NFA Items items.

I don't think it matters, but they will be "Cans" and done via Form 4.

The question is on the ""Assignment Page".

At the bottom, it has Executed on _March 8, which was originally March 8th, 2012. and it was Signed by myself and two folks at the Bank as Witnesses....

Then I went home and filled in the Make, Model and Serial Numbers and Submitted...

Now, from reading, the docs, I need to Submit a Fresh ""Assignment Page", with only the Make, Model and Serial numbers of the item I'm adding, not the ones from the 1st time. I got that part.

The actual question is, on the Executed on____ , part, do I put the March 8th, 2012, or the current Date? Then, do I have to have those same witnesses sign it again, or can I have two new folks witness???

I hate to ask silly questions and over complicate things, but as we know, the ATF, will send it back or deny it for any reason and I do not want to add more time onto the already 6+ months wait.

I was told by the agent, put the original date the trust was executed on, myself and two witnesses sign..

The frustrating thing is, everyone is an expert, every lawyer or software is an expert, everyone you ask, including the ATF will give you different answers...

Its needs to be a hard set of rules you can print out and check them off... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.. etc...  The ATF agent was pretty cool and agreed with me when I told him that...

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used their trusts on multiple submissions (forms 1 and 4).  Never had any problems what so ever.  I do send a fresh assignment sheet.  Meaning I don't update the original I just have a bunch of separate ones with each item or items whenever I submit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
My trust is also with guntrustlawyer. Even though they have good instructions with their trust, I've also never been clear what to do with the assignment sheet as I collect more items and resubmit the trust.

For a Form 1, I've filled it in only for the item for which I was requesting approval.

For anything else, I've just submitted the blank signed assignment sheet along with the trust, which I believe is what the trust instructions say to do. I've done a few Form 4s through Silencer Shop, but if they add the suppressor model and S/N to the form, I am not aware of it.

If I'm supposed to maintain a complete sheet with all my items, I'm not aware of that requirement. Although it would be no big deal to do. But I don't believe you would ever submit that complete list to ATF.

As far as having $1, or whatever amount, that I see a lot of people list on their Schedule A to "fund their trust", I never saw that in my instructions regarding the assignment sheet. So I've never listed any dollar value and I've never been asked about it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:41:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I use their trust for my purchases.  I use a blank assignment sheet with each submission.  If I am submitting more than one item at the same time, I put them on the same sheet.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
[b]
If I'm supposed to maintain a complete sheet with all my items, I'm not aware of that requirement. Although it would be no big deal to do. But I don't believe you would ever submit that complete list to ATF.

As far as having $1, or whatever amount, that I see a lot of people list on their Schedule A to "fund their trust", I never saw that in my instructions regarding the assignment sheet. So I've never listed any dollar value and I've never been asked about it.
View Quote

1. you should have a full list of ALL trust property on Schedule A. You don't need to list the item before it is approved but you should after.

2. If your trust never gets funded then a trust never exists. If you have a lawyer that wrote the trust correct the initial funding of the trust should be with an NFA item that the trust purchased with funds you provided. The assignment into the trust is for the purposes of assigning any rights you had personally in that item so that their is no question that the trust acquired the item.

Let me just caution everyone here. Just because the ATF  approved an item doesn't mean that your trust is a valid or you are doing things correctly. The ATF doesn't have the authority to invalidate a trust, only a court with proper jurisdiction can do that. The ATF is not making any determination on your trust they are only making a determination on the form you submitted to them for transfer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top