Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2014 1:35:18 PM EDT
Harvester
Specwar

If only I wasn't already waiting for a Spectre II and YHM Phantom Ti.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Aw crap.  I don't need either one of those cans, but that's a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got two orders with Silencer Shop right now for four separate cans...the jury is out on if I'll do business there again.  Unbeatable prices but their admin is horrible and I'm pretty sure not a single can has moved flawlessly yet (i.e. their computer system wants to charge me for stamps after I paid for them and they arrive at my SOT, a form 3 got lost, a can got stolen in transit but that wasn't SS's fault). Their customer service appears to be good but they need to work the paperwork and with stuff like cans bad paperwork has the potential to get you in deep sh*p or at least make you wait even longer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Good deal, not either of the cans I'm looking for though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bought a spectre ii last week! Oh well screw it in for the harvester and another spectre
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
WTF.  Seriously.  Posts like this should be banned.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]
How does buying from silencer shop work if I live out of state?   Just ship to my local dealer?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does buying from silencer shop work if I live out of state?   Just ship to my local dealer?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes.

You either use a dealer they have an arrangement with, where you can pay SS the tax stamp and transfer fee, or you pick your own dealer. This thread will explain it a little more.

Quoted:

I posted it yesterday, about an hour after they put it in their Industry Forum. Got called a bunch of nasty names in that thread as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Haha. Yeah, I had no intention to buy a pistol can in the immediate future after buying the Spectre II and YHM. Then someone posted the $450 TiRant 9mm with $200 AAC  rebate and I hurry up and started my wait for that. The sad part is I saw it for $100 cheaper the next week! Oh well. Now I just need to wait for my rebate to come in so I can get a Geiselle trigger and whatever else I can fill out the $200 with from AAC.

Quoted:

The form 3 transfer to your dealer should take about a month. After that you have to wait for the form 4 to transfer to you which is like 9+ months.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Aw, Christ.  

Just made my order.  This place is going to put me in the poor house.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've got two orders with Silencer Shop right now for four separate cans...the jury is out on if I'll do business there again.  Unbeatable prices but their admin is horrible and I'm pretty sure not a single can has moved flawlessly yet (i.e. their computer system wants to charge me for stamps after I paid for them and they arrive at my SOT, a form 3 got lost, a can got stolen in transit but that wasn't SS's fault). Their customer service appears to be good but they need to work the paperwork and with stuff like cans bad paperwork has the potential to get you in deep sh*p or at least make you wait even longer.
View Quote

Lemme tell you a story.  

On January 2, 2013, I ordered an Osprey from Impact Guns.    They neglected to ever send my Form 3.   Now, if you remember, during that post Sandy Hook period, some Form 3's were taking as much as three months.   Im a patient guy, and Ive done the NFA thing before, so I didnt bother to call about it until 4 months had gone by and no Osprey had shown up at my local dealer.   Well, they figured out that they hadnt sent in the Form 3, apologized and sent it right away.   However, they charged me full MSRP for the can, which was supposed to be 75 dollars cheaper and come with a mount.   I didnt get a mount, never got them to adjust the price properly, and to this day I cant get ahold of the guy (Clay) who sold me the can.  Ive wasted more time than the booster and 75 bucks is worth trying to get in touch with them.    

Incidentally, that can took 9 months to get approved, so from the day I paid for it over the phone to the day I took it home was almost a year and a half.  

Silencer Shop may have a few problems from time to time, but they ALWAYS fix those problems when they are made aware of them, and they can ALWAYS be reached by phone .   I respect them for trying to streamline the process and for being professional every time I deal with them.   For me, they are the only place Ill deal with outside of my local guy anymore.  

Also, fuck Impact Guns.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You would be the first person who I have ever heard of having a problem with SS, but I'm sure they will fix your problems.  I have bought 8 cans from them so far and haven't had any issues at all and I have had a couple of weird billing/exchange requests that they have taken care of.  I am in state, so it makes it simpler, but I have no doubt they will take care of you.  Everybody has strange issues that pop up from time to time, that's an inevitable part of doing business, what's important is how they are dealt with.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#13]
How does the Harvester compare to the SpecWar..?

p
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I just ordered a saker and spectre in the last week.

That's a pretty good deal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

p
View Quote

A quick internet search for "harvester vs specwar" will get you plenty of information and opinions
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A quick internet search for "harvester vs specwar" will get you plenty of information and opinions
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

p

Found this, thanks...

The Specwar is the quieter than the Harvester and your SDN6.

The Harvester was developed to be a lightweight hunting suppressor used on bolt action or single shot rifle and the max rate of fire is 10 round per minute. If you go over this you need to wait for the suppressor to cool.

For your intended use I would suggest the Specwar. It is rated for calibers up to .300RUM and is also rated for SBR and full-auto use.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Ordered.

Dammit, she's gonna want something shiney...

p
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I was already planning to buy a Specwar 762 for a little cheaper locally, but this deal was too good to pass up when coupled with the Spectre2. Even with transfer fees at my local C3, it still came out as a deal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You would be the first person who I have ever heard of having a problem with SS, but I'm sure they will fix your problems.  I have bought 8 cans from them so far and haven't had any issues at all and I have had a couple of weird billing/exchange requests that they have taken care of.  I am in state, so it makes it simpler, but I have no doubt they will take care of you.  Everybody has strange issues that pop up from time to time, that's an inevitable part of doing business, what's important is how they are dealt with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've done 10 cans with them and out of that, there has been one major screwup and a minor one (getting a flash hider when I asked for a muzzle brake). My Evo 9 Form 3 also took a long time and it took a couple of e-mails for them to dig a little deeper into the situation. Overall, I've been satisfied with the service that I've received from them.

But back on topic ... do I need a fifth Spectre II? Or a third Specwar 7.62? Or a second Harvester?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
But back on topic ... do I need a fifth Spectre II? Or a third Specwar 7.62? Or a second Harvester?
View Quote

I think you missed Option 3.

You need a third Specwar, a second Harvester, and obviously a fifth and sixth Spectre II.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Dang it, you guys are killing me.  I have a single shot target rifle in .308 that would be a good fit for the Harvester.  Crap, now to find someone to thread it.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I did the harvester just to live on my 308 hunting rig. I think it will work out great.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I am on Silencer Shop's site and it seems as though I can add two of the .22 Spectres to one Harvester purchase.  Has anyone else found this to be the case or is it an error?  

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I am on Silencer Shop's site and it seems as though I can add two of the .22 Spectres to one Harvester purchase.  Has anyone else found this to be the case or is it an error?  

View Quote
What does your cart show for the price on the second?

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#25]
It shows the total price of the Harvester and 2 Spectres as $748.  I then tried it again and only selected one Spectre is $649.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Product Price Quantity Total
×Harvester 762Silencerco Harvester

Do you want a Spectre II for $99?:

Yes, I do want to add a Spectre II
Choose Thread for Included Insert:

5/8x24
Add a Spectre II for $99 ($99.00):

Yes I want a Spectre II

$748.00
$748.00
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd say go for it if you want two...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Order placed.  I will let you guys know if they send me a refund or if the order sticks.  Sweet deal either way.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see what you mean.  If I could get 2 spectres for 99 each along with a harvester, I might just have to pony up the cabbage to do this...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I just got the automated receipt for the order and it lists 1 Harvester and 1 Spectre.  I will be calling tomorrow to either get them to add a Spectre (unlikely) or refund the $99.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I just got the automated receipt for the order and it lists 1 Harvester and 1 Spectre.  I will be calling tomorrow to either get them to add a Spectre (unlikely) or refund the $99.
View Quote

Why do people do this? SilencerShop is doing good for getting NFA out to more people, giving a great deal as it is, and here you are trying to use a glitch to dick them over and bitch and moan when they don't honor a computer glitch.

Boo this man.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Hey Farmer, I am just selecting the options they list when you select a Harvester.  I would be wrong to insist on a second Spectre at that price but I see no harm in picking it and paying for it.  If it is a glitch then they will put it back to 1 Spectre.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:44:02 AM EDT
[#34]
i believe i missed the deal by one day when i tried to order :(
just ordered the specwar 7.62 anyway... sucks i missed it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top