Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2014 3:46:23 AM EDT
Silencershop has the Mystic on sale for $550+ adapter and transfer, down from $850.  My guess is that the Mystic-X is replacing it since the Mystic is no longer listed on LIberty's website.  The ad for the Mystic-X is below.

Now if only I had the money for a Mystic

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/liberty-mystic/

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Stop it!  I have a thing for wide multi caliber cans (like the old XXX Warrior).  I found things I didn't like about the Mystic to keep me from wanting one but it's really twisting my arm now.  Though I would like one with a TI core to make it even lighter...  If they did that, I would not be able to resist buying it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stop it!  I have a thing for wide multi caliber cans (like the old XXX Warrior).  I found things I didn't like about the Mystic to keep me from wanting one but it's really twisting my arm now.  Though I would like one with a TI core to make it even lighter...  If they did that, I would not be able to resist buying it.
View Quote

You know that they  already make that...
It is called the Infinity
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#3]
My shooting buddy bought one, it is a great can. For that price I would buy one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
i almost bought one a few days ago.  I kind of want a chaotic more but I can't find one anywhere.

It's mystic vs 762-SD, two very different suppressors.  I have a 300blk i would use it on, but i'd like the option of 308.  or buy two cans.  i'm thinking "get both" but i'd probably start with the mystic.  

Anybody know where i could get a chaos?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats a nice price for the Mystic!     I considered the Mystic for my .357 Mag, but ended up getting an Isis 2 instead simply because it was lighter and I already have a Trek for .223

The Mystic really is a jack of all trades can, and will serve quite well in many different applications.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats a great price for the old Mystic.  The new can appears to be an improvement, but not a huge one.  Still cant rapid fire 5.56, still a little large for a pistol can.

If it turns out that it really is less finicky on pistols, Ill get one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thats a great price for the old Mystic.  The new can appears to be an improvement, but not a huge one.  Still cant rapid fire 5.56, still a little large for a pistol can.

View Quote

If I get one, it'll be going on a bolt action .223 and .357 so slow fire is all it'll get.  Glad to know everyone else thinks it isn't a $300 upgrade. Now to sell the wife on one in a week or two.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

whats finicky about it?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#9]
My Mystic has always had a higher malfunction rate on some pistols.   If all you shoot is a G17, P226 or USP9, you wont have too many issues.    Ive had guns that were borderline with the Multimount or Osprey that jam up with the Mystic.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#10]
The new one will take supersonic 7.62 and 5.56?  

I may have to get the new one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:42:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The new one will take supersonic 7.62 and 5.56?  

I may have to get the new one.
View Quote

The old one would take slow fired 5.56, but yeah, I can see how you are tempted.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I havent seen anything about supersonic 308 yet.  Link?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#13]
He's talking about 7.62x39
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My Mystic has always had a higher malfunction rate on some pistols.   If all you shoot is a G17, P226 or USP9, you wont have too many issues.    Ive had guns that were borderline with the Multimount or Osprey that jam up with the Mystic.  
View Quote

I haven't shot my Mystic enough to definitively say, but on my G19 the slide was a little slow to return to battery on the first few rounds. I don't have that issue with my Octane (all things being equal). I love my Mystic, it's my favorite can, but it is a bit long and heavy for a 9mm pistol. I didn't buy it exclusively for that purpose though so I'm fine with it's drawbacks, especially since it suppresses extremely well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice try but then you trade reliability for not being able to shoot supersonic rifle.  The Mystic allows for 300BO supersonic, and in full auto even.  Plus 5.56 slow fire.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:26:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I know that's why I bought both
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:12:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Now that's a sweet pic!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top