Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2014 10:25:32 AM EDT
I'm currently setting up my NFA trust.  Was planning a form 1 for an SBR and maybe getting a rimfire suppressor soon.  Down the road I plan to add centerfire suppressors.  I really don't need to be spending a bunch of money right now, but I came across this deal while looking for a rimfire suppressor:
AAC SD-556 and Pilot combo
This includes a $400 rebate through the end of Sept!  

Deal seems too good to be true.  Are these suppressors crap or something?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#1]
The bundle is $110 off their regular price. The rebate is through the manufacturer in the form of store credit. Not exactly fire sale pricing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like a good deal. AAC makes pretty decent suppressors, I'm sure you'll hear certain people complain here. I have an AAC Mini 4 on it's way right now.

Keep in mind that this isn't a cash rebate. It is credit good for use with the online AAC store, so stuff like mounts, accessories, and apparel. You could still buy a bunch of 51T mounts then resell them on the EE to recoup some money though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could still buy a bunch of 51T mounts then resell them on the EE to recoup some money though.
View Quote

Oh no you didn't

I once tried to sell the only 4 extra barrels I've ever had at one time on here.  I got banned from the EE because I was a "dealer".

If you buy a couple of mounts and then sell them NIB under what the  "dealers" on here are paying, I'm sure someone will complain
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you buy a couple of mounts sell them NIB as very gently used in sealed original mfr packaging under what the  "dealers" on here are paying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You could still buy a bunch of 51T mounts then resell them on the EE to recoup some money though.

If you buy a couple of mounts sell them NIB as very gently used in sealed original mfr packaging under what the  "dealers" on here are paying.

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The bundle is $110 off their regular price. The rebate is through the manufacturer in the form of store credit. Not exactly fire sale pricing.
View Quote

True.  I might just buy the rimfire suppressor for now.  It will be easier on the wallet and will give me more time to decide on the centerfire suppressor (I might get a .30 cal suppressor instead).  Other than one more Blackout mount, I can't find anything else on their site that I would normally purchase.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:31:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

True.  I might just buy the rimfire suppressor for now.  It will be easier on the wallet and will give me more time to decide on the centerfire suppressor (I might get a .30 cal suppressor instead).  Other than one more Blackout mount, I can't find anything else on their site that I would normally purchase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would just go with the rimfire suppressor, though I have not personally used either.

ETA: It is a good deal though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a great deal. The Pilot 2 as well as the 556-SD are awesome silencers. Everything AAC makes is fantastic. You'll be very happy with them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I almost got that combo but opted to get the 556 sd and a spectre ii. Now I'm waiting for the rebates so I can pick up a couple more mounts from AAC.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]
whats the minimum barrel length for the 556sd? I cant find it anywhere.

looking for use on a 10.5" barrel.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I almost got that combo but opted to get the 556 sd and a spectre ii.
View Quote

I got the combo last time they offered it, but then the price was $760.00. So i would say the new deal at 699 is good.  BTW, I still ordered the Spectre II also, cause you can't have too many .22 suppressors
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm currently setting up my NFA trust.  Was planning a form 1 for an SBR and maybe getting a rimfire suppressor soon.  Down the road I plan to add centerfire suppressors.  I really don't need to be spending a bunch of money right now, but I came across this deal while looking for a rimfire suppressor:

View Quote

Are you sure this qualifies you for 2 x $200 rebates?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From  my understanding he is correct, $200 rebate per suppressor. Doesn't matter if you buy them as a combo or seperate.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I got the combo last time they offered it, but then the price was $760.00. So i would say the new deal at 699 is good.  BTW, I still ordered the Spectre II also, cause you can't have too many .22 suppressors
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I almost got that combo but opted to get the 556 sd and a spectre ii.

I'm already looking to get another .22 suppressor and I would buy the combo, but I'm waiting for a kac 762 CQB QDC on a form 3. Also, saving for a salvo...
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm torn on this as well. After the $100 NFA transfer fee my dealer charges, I'm not really sure I'm saving any money and I've gotta wait for the Form 3s to boot, still... It is intriguing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm torn on this as well. After the $100 NFA transfer fee my dealer charges, I'm not really sure I'm saving any money and I've gotta wait for the Form 3s to boot, still... It is intriguing.
View Quote

Does SS not have a dealer in their Silencer Shop Direct network near you? That would save you a bit. They charge $270 for the stamp and transfer that way, so there's $60 in your pocket. (You'd also have free shipping and no sales tax to consider).
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Does SS not have a dealer in their Silencer Shop Direct network near you? That would save you a bit. They charge $270 for the stamp and transfer that way, so there's $60 in your pocket. (You'd also have free shipping and no sales tax to consider).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly I'm just getting into the NFA game, how do I find out if SS has a direct dealer near me?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Honestly I'm just getting into the NFA game, how do I find out if SS has a direct dealer near me?
View Quote

They don't have an online listing. Just email Katie(at)silencershop(dot)com. Give her your ZIP and ask how close their nearest dealer is.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Go to Silencer Shop's website, at the bottom of any page under the "Support" heading click on "Class 3 Finder", enter your zip code, and a listing of their partner dealers will be shown...

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Go to Silencer Shop's website, at the bottom of any page under the "Support" heading click on "Class 3 Finder", enter your zip code, and a listing of their partner dealers will be shown...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not the same as their SSD dealers.

This is only a list of FFLs who we’ve either used; or, who have specifically asked to be included on the list. We're happy to transfer to any FFL/SOT - even if they aren't on this list.

For example...they list quite a few near me, but the closest SSD dealer is 75 miles away. That dealer is on the Finder list, but there are 10 that are shown as closer to me that I can't use.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They don't have an online listing. Just email Katie(at)silencershop(dot)com. Give her your ZIP and ask how close their nearest dealer is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just fired off an email. Thanks for the tip!

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This is only a list of FFLs who we’ve either used; or, who have specifically asked to be included on the list. We're happy to transfer to any FFL/SOT - even if they aren't on this list.

For example...they list quite a few near me, but the closest SSD dealer is 75 miles away. That dealer is on the Finder list, but there are 10 that are shown as closer to me that I can't use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's strange because when I originally emailed to inquire about this, I was sent a link to that page...

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I emailed Katie this morning, she responded promptly and only had one place in the radius for me. On that map on their site, there's no less than 9 shops. I'd email her directly again.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I had to do it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.  And they won't tell you exactly who it is either.  I thought mine would be in my town but its in a neighboring town at a shop that I didn't even know they sold NFA items.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Same here.  And they won't tell you exactly who it is either.  I thought mine would be in my town but its in a neighboring town at a shop that I didn't even know they sold NFA items.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I emailed, they first only told me the town, I thanked them and asked what the shop was and they apologized for not mentioning it and told me, no problem.

It looks like I'm going in on this deal. The $400 credits to use on some G2S triggers is a great deal.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:52:15 AM EDT
[#26]
evo 9's are back in stock as well. Calling tomorrow to get in on my $600 in AAC store credits and possibly even a little SilencerCo loving as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top