BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

DON'T - leave your home without a copy of your Form 4, in case someone wants to act silly and say "That silencer is illegal!!!"  Remember Silencing is not a crime, some restrictions do apply.

More?
View Quote

DON'T - shoot at a range frequented by IRS agents or fudd RO's.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#2]
DO - get more than one mounting device. Got one for my AR but now I need another for a Tavor!  Remember it's not the gun, it's all the crap that goes on the gun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
DO NOT mail your form 4 to the Needy rd. WV address, it goes to Atlanta.

I sent mine to WV in a moment of excited bliss, does anyone know if they will forward the money?  Funny thing is I mailed the forms cause I didn't trust the FFL to do it in a timely manner.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DO NOT mail your form 4 to the Needy rd. WV address, it goes to Atlanta.

I sent mine to WV in a moment of excited bliss, does anyone know if they will forward the money?  Funny thing is I mailed the forms cause I didn't trust the FFL to do it in a timely manner.
View Quote

They'll send it to GA, then it'll get sent back to WV.

No harm, other than a little extra wait time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:41:58 AM EDT
[#6]
1 - You will either burn your hand or set something on fire with your can, at some point in time.

2 - Get yourself some anti-seize, anti-seize everything.

3 - You MUST clean your 22lr can, if you do not, it will be very hard to take apart.

4 - NO matter how much anti seize you use, or how well you clean/maintain your suppressor, you will come across something damn near impossible to unscrew... Spend some time working on your hand strength while the can is in jail

5 - Every tool they make for working on your suppressor, own it, you'll need it.  Own legal spare parts (o ring seals, end caps, mounts).

6 - Getting your barrels threaded is the most annoying, get it over with while the can is in jail.  Make SURE you get them done by someone GOOD, or are from a REPUTABLE factory.

7 - Look down your barrel with suppressor attached for any gross mis-alignment when testing any new can/mount/thread combination.  You wont catch all the 'fender bender' baffle strikes, but you'll catch the 'totalling' ones.

8 - If you are left handed, you will discover that your right handed semi auto rifle just isn't nearly as enjoyable, ESPECIALLY an AR15.  Look into left/bottom/reversable/forward ejecting rifles.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top