looks like some great prices on each - the Ti-RANT and the Evo-9
what do you guys think? I'd like for 9mm and 300blk

any experience from those who own?

i think the ti-rant is user serviceable if i remember right

thanks

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
looks like some great prices on eachwhat do you guys think? I'd like for 9mm and 300blk
any experience from those who own?

i think the ti-rant is user serviceable if i remember right

thanks
View Quote

You are correct, the Ti-RANT is user serviceable. It also significantly outperforms the Eco. I wouldn't look twice at an Eco with the current prices you can get a Ti-RANT for (~$450 plus the $200 rebate).
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Like comparing a VW ad a Ferrari. They are both cars but one is better in virtually every way.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked up a Ti-RANT 9 today for $350, so look around and enjoy it next year...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you mean an Evo 9?  The Eco 9 was discontinued 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you mean an Evo 9?  The Eco 9 was discontinued 2 years ago.
View Quote

yes sir, you're right. that was a typo, i'm not familiar with the ECO-9

i meant the EVO-9
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I belive dealer price on the Ti-rant 9mm is 350 bucks or so, so you can get one if you shop around for 400-450.

Besides, supressors are like jewlery - worth very little on the second hand market, and with the stamp and wait time, it's not worth it to try to save some cash on something of lesser performance.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
As you said the TiRant is serviceable and is slightly better at sound reduction over the Evo9.  AAC says the Evo reduces by 34db and the TiRant is 35-38db.  I ordered two evo 9s from SS because they were 1/2 the price of the TiRant, if you can get the TiRant for <$500 I would get it over the Evo.  Both are great cans and will work well, but the TiRant is better, it's up to you to decide if the price increase matches the performance increase.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I decided to get an Octane 9 because it is user serviceable and all stainless baffles.  I did buy an Evo 9 since its on clearance right now at Silencer Shop to use as a secondary one since the Evo is aluminum and sealed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#9]
As usual, its all about the features.   One thing the EVO has going for it is it size.  Its a smaller diameter can that fits under more rails.  Actually, quite a few more rails.  

However, the downsides are that its a little louder, cant be taken apart, and its a little heavier.   These are fairly relevant concerns, especially on pistols.  

The Ti Rant is the better can in all categories except diameter and price.  While I havent experienced this myself, some folks here say the Ti Rant is significantly quieter than the Octane and Ospreys, which are generally considered to be excellent, class leading cans.   I bought a Ti Rant 45 last week, just because I felt like I might not be giving it a fair chance.  I already have the Silencerco pistol cans and I have compared them against a friends Ti Rant, but that was one day's worth of shooting, with only four or five hosts.   Im no fan boy, if it proves to be a quieter can on any of my hosts, Ill admit it.  

I think the Evo has its place (especially since its being blown out at low, low prices) but its probably not the best choice for someone who is getting their first or second can.   Its pretty close to the newer 9mm cans in suppression, but it lacks some of the features that make the Ti Rant so desirable.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:12:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did you find one at that price?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quiet Riot Firearms in Georgia had a few for that price, i believe AlabamPaul picked up the last one.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#12]
No experience with the 9mm versions, but I do own the Evo.45 and .45 Ti-rant. Night and day difference. The Evos were good in their day, but they are now outdated tech.

My Ti-rant is quieter dry than my Evo is wet.

At the current prices of Ti-rants, I say buy one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quiet Riot Firearms in Georgia had a few for that price, i believe AlabamPaul picked up the last one.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

^^ Yep, that's the place...^^

Nice guys to deal with.  I already have a copy of the Form 3 and a picture of the UPC label for the rebate/store credit...

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn, that might have been the place that had it on sale when i was looking last week

just got my trust signed thursday...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top