Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2014 8:08:49 PM EDT
I have months before I take possession of my mystic.

What kind of results or how quiet can I hope for on the following hosts.

Uzi 9mm auto
Sten auto
9mm xdm
10/22
.30 carbine 12 inch

I'm trying to stay excited during the long wait.  Is this can as great as the reviews say it is?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have months before I take possession of my mystic.

What kind of results or how quiet can I hope for on the following hosts.

Uzi 9mm auto
Sten auto
9mm xdm
10/22
.30 carbine 12 inch

I'm trying to stay excited during the long wait.  Is this can as great as the reviews say it is?
View Quote

The only host we have in common is the 10/22. I used my Mystic on my 16" 10/22 before my Sparrow came in. Impressive.

I shot it from inside my barn to a steel target 75 yards out, and the loudest things were the casing hitting the wood floor and the round smacking the target.

My favorite host is a .357 16" HandiRifle with .38 spc wadcutters. Amazingly quiet. Silly Hollywood magic stuff.

My Glock 19 is very respectable and fun with subsonics.

I got my Mystic because I thought I would only own one do-it-all can. I now have three with two more on the way.

Good choice!
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I love mine, the sound is comparable to the other big name cans right now.  

The size and weight is not. Its a little heavy, somewhat long too.  

However, I think its the best pistol caliber carbine can out there, and it does better on 300 BLK than other pistol cans, as there is no pressure limit.

Overall, a great can.  It compliments a collection that includes a light 9mm or 45 can, IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll make it simple by saying that it sounds great on everything I've tried. I actually bought it for a dedicated 22 suppressor to be used on the M11 and M16 conversion kits. It sounds great in 22, 9mm and 38 special. Sounds good in .223 also. Haven't tried it in 300 Blackout yet because I have 51 tooth mounts that are in the way.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#4]
It's an incredible can. Mine was recently approved (I have significant time on John_E's which is what lead me to buy mine) and it will see use mainly on my 9mm pistol hosts and a 5.56 benchrest AR I built which I usually fire at a slow rate for tight groups. From time to time I might use it on my M11/9 too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I use mine on everything from 357 down to 22 and it performs fantastic.
It works great on my 9mm Mac, It would be nice if they developed a shell design similar to the silencerco sparrow.
It gets filthy real fast on FA.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Everyone who owns one loves it.  It is one of the cans I shoot the most.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I just go my Liberty Mystic approved, I will receive it in two weeks from Silencer Shop.

Plan to use it on:

10/22
Walther P22
Glock 19
AR-15

Post results from range when I go.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I began the day at the range doing this...

and wrapped up doing this...

The Mystic isn't my only can, but nevertheless its pretty awesome to have one can that can do double duty on both a 16" 5.56 AR and a 9mm pistol and work not just reliably, but suppress well on both.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm interested in more comments about the Mystic on a Glock 19.  I have a Specwar 762 and waiting on a Sparrow.  I'd use it as a 2nd 300BLK (lighter than Specwar) but also be my first pistol can.  I'm just wondering if it's too much of a compromise on both sides, and wondering if I should stick with my original intention to get an Octane (9 or 45?) to round our my trio and possibly a second Specwar.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It works great on my 9mm Mac, It would be nice if they developed a shell design similar to the silencerco sparrow.
View Quote

Is it limited to subsonic .357 or are regular loads okay for it?  I'm sorely considering a Mystic as my first can to run on pretty much everything.  Ideally, it'll be swapped between a .223, .357, and .22 bolt actions.  (granted, I have to get the last 2 rifles first)
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Full power .357mags

It really is a do-it-all can with the disadvantages being greater length and weight than other 9mm cans.

With the right subsonics, my G19 is nice and quiet.

Quoted:

Is it limited to subsonic .357 or are regular loads okay for it?  I'm sorely considering a Mystic as my first can to run on pretty much everything.  Ideally, it'll be swapped between a .223, .357, and .22 bolt actions.  (granted, I have to get the last 2 rifles first)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#12]

I'm sold

Quoted:

Full power .357mags

It really is a do-it-all can with the disadvantages being greater length and weight than other 9mm cans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Full power .357mags

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm interested in more comments about the Mystic on a Glock 19.  I have a Specwar 762 and waiting on a Sparrow.  I'd use it as a 2nd 300BLK (lighter than Specwar) but also be my first pistol can.  I'm just wondering if it's too much of a compromise on both sides, and wondering if I should stick with my original intention to get an Octane (9 or 45?) to round our my trio and possibly a second Specwar.
View Quote

The Mystic sounds MUCH better than the Octane 9.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I was in the market for a 9mm can early this year. I was going to buy a Mystic to be a multi cal can.

My friend who I am on his trust bought one so I decided to buy a SDN6.

We got our stamps back about the same time. I wish I would have bought the Mystic, it plan rocks. The size and weight are not a big deal for me. His Mystic is super quiet on 300blk pistol as well as 9mm MP5 clone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I love mine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Directly from their website:

22 Hornet
22 K Hornet
218 Bee
223 REM – 16? BBL
30 PPC – Subsonic
30 Carbine
32-20
357 MAG
221 Fireball
32 S&W Long
32 H&R Magnum
9X18
9X19 (Base Caliber)
38 Super
38 Special
38 S&W
357 Max – Subsonic
338 Spectre
300 BLK
300 Whisper
300/221
308 Win- Subsonic
all rimfire cartridges
5.45x39MM Russian
We now rate it for the 300 BLK in both supersonic and subsonic on an 8? barrel
7.62 X 39 MM
FULL AUTO 300 BLACKOUT SUBSONIC AND SUPERSONIC.
6.8spc
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Wish it was a little quieter on the Beretta but thats just because of the blowback design and large open port. Cant really argue with 120db anyway.
M11/9 runs at 122db, the 22 conversion can get to 118db. Ruger MK3 runs at 112-115db but its ridiculously large.
AR15 runs at 125db, and Glock runs at 126db which is my loudest host.
Only wish it could take 45acp.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Wish it was a little quieter on the Beretta but thats just because of the blowback design and large open port. Cant really argue with 120db anyway.

M11/9 runs at 122db, the 22 conversion can get to 118db. Ruger MK3 runs at 112-115db but its ridiculously large.

AR15 runs at 125db, and Glock runs at 126db which is my loudest host.

Only wish it could take 45acp.
View Quote
What Beretta is blowback, the rimfires?

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:What Beretta is blowback, the rimfires?  
View Quote

Not the rimfire but the 92FS, 92A1, M9, etc. The slide is blown back like most other standard pistols but the top open port allow gas to escape over 180 degrees unlike the conventional Glocks whose ejection port is limited to a 25 percent minute square. There is a picture of a similar setup of the 92 on this page but mine has another 3k in aftermarket parts into it ;) Perhaps "blowback" was an incorrect term used. In either case I have mounted a "sight mount" 1913 rail on the top with trijicons to use as a secondary cover brace and allow for an rmr 07 red dot and dual mounted aluminum brass catcher. The desert eagle has a similiar blowback design but its rail extends to the back so the gap is not a problem. Unfortunately suppressing that 50 cal is just a waste of time.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:47:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Blow back was the wrong term.  That is used when there is no delay, locking, tilting, or linkage system, the only thing holding the slide in place is it's weight and a spring.  Most rimfire automatics and things like cheap 9mm's (think Hi-Point, Makarov) use this system.  Because there is nothing to unlock, no delay, etc - you get a more immediate opening of the breech whereas the other systems take more time as the pressure drops, before they operate.   The longer the delay, the less port noise you should experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top