Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2014 12:06:49 PM EDT
I just received my 762-SDN-6 today (7 months to the day!). I had a brief problem with my first attempt to mount it on the T-51 mount, but it did eventually mount. I took it off and later tried re-attaching it and the ratchet latch stops cold when it touches the teeth of the T-51. Pressing the thumb pad on the ratchet latch makes no difference. The can is aligned with the bore, all of the threads and internal surfaces are clean and the teeth don't appear to be damaged. I have a second T-51 mount on another rifle and the can won't attach to that one either.

Has anyone had this problem? I called AAC and they want me to send it back to them, but I'd rather not start the waiting game again.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got my sdn Monday after 9 months

Mine needed a little love out of the box. I had to lube the ratchet pivot point before I could get it to attach to my muzzles.  I used some RemOil, and worked the latch with my fingers till it got its "spring" back.

I hope that is all it is for you too. Keep us posted
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I've played with it some more and found that it will attach if I:

1) Screw it onto the mount until the ratchet latch just touches the teeth,
2) Depress the thumb latch, and
3) Gently jiggle the can around (5-10 seconds) until it "gives". Then it screws on as it's supposed to.

I'm hoping this is just a breaking-in period.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a similar problem when mounting onto a 30 cal brake that I mounted by sticking a screwdriver through one of the baffles of the brake and tightening. This ever so slightly deformed the area around the port of the brake and caused the suppressor to snag before it could get to the ratchet teeth. I fixed it with sand paper.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I got mine four months and a week later, eFile ! It screwed on perfectly, I just depress the latch button as I'm screwing it on and it mounts on tight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got mine four months and a week later, eFile ! It screwed on perfectly, I just depress the latch button as I'm screwing it on and it mounts on tight.
View Quote

Mine was the same on all other mounts. The problem was obviously with how the brake was installed. I did not realized how very little clearance there is between the body of the brake and the inside of the suppressor. The burr was merely a tiny imperfection that took 30 seconds to remove with sand paper.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mine was the same on all other mounts. The problem was obviously with how the brake was installed. I did not realized how very little clearance there is between the body of the brake and the inside of the suppressor. The burr was merely a tiny imperfection that took 30 seconds to remove with sand paper.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I installed my brake, it came with shims. I didn't fell it needed any because it finished locking up on the edge of the barrel, lined exactly how it was suppose to line up with the ports at 3 O'clock and 9 O'clock.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:28:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Where in OR are you?

If you are near Beaverton,  you can swing by and test mount my SDN-6 on your mounts and I can try your can on mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top