Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 6:13:32 AM EDT
Has anyone suppressed a 30-06 bolt action rifle? Was there any appreciable difference while suppressed?

I have a Savage 110 in 30-06 that I am thinking of having the barrel threaded for attachment. I know the Specwar is rated to magnum rounds so the -06 shouldn't pose any issues. Will it?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Your question is better answered by someone from SiCo.     It's not so much the velocity developed, but rather the operating pressure of the round and barrel length.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Appreciable difference?  Although I haven't tried 30-06, I would confidently say that it would knock down the sound quite well.  Out of all the .30 cal cans I own and have used, the SPECWAR 762 is right there at the top of the pack in the noise reduction category. Lots of other things I like about it too.

From another forum:

Can this can be used with .30-06?

Yes, the Specwar 7.62 is magnum rated. It will handle 300 Remington Ultra Mag, .30-06 won't be a problem.

801-417-5384
[email protected]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The Specwar 762 is rated up to .300 RUM, so .30-06 would be fine.  I know it nicely suppresses on .308, so I don't imagine it would be any less on a .30-06.  It suppresses .300 Win Mag well.

Specwar 762 Suppression Testing
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you already have the specwar?  If you do it will work quite well. The harvester is a great option if you don't have a can already.

The only time people seem to be disappointed is when they have unrealistic expectations of performance.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has anyone suppressed a 30-06 bolt action rifle? Was there any appreciable difference while suppressed?

I have a Savage 110 in 30-06 that I am thinking of having the barrel threaded for attachment. I know the Specwar is rated to magnum rounds so the -06 shouldn't pose any issues. Will it?
View Quote

The only problem would be if you have the barrel cut to like 10" or something stupid like that. There will be a big difference in sound when the rifle is suppressed, however, there will still be the supersonic crack of the bullet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you already have the specwar?  If you do it will work quite well. The harvester is a great option if you don't have a can already.

The only time people seem to be disappointed is when they have unrealistic expectations of performance.
View Quote

I already have the Specwar, and am looking to use it as much as possible. I have nothing against getting another can, just hate the wait. but will look at the Harvester.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top