Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2014 1:00:02 PM EDT
Just wondering, do any of you guys run this setup?

Where you have a 51T mount not attached to anything used for mounting it on a threaded gun, then mounting the suppressor on that to make a direct thread suppressor?

Any problems with this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Can I see a picture or pictures of this spare 51T mount so I have an idea as to what it even looks like?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can I see a picture or pictures of this spare 51T mount so I have an idea as to what it even looks like?
View Quote

He's just saying you install the suppressor on a flash hider and use the flash hider to thread to different hosts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He's just saying you install the suppressor on a flash hider and use the flash hider to thread to different hosts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. Mine is sitting in NFA Jail. But does anyone do this. Any problems with it?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I would not advise doing this. You aren't getting it torqued down to spec and are asking for a baffle strike.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would not advise doing this. You aren't getting it torqued down to spec and are asking for a baffle strike.
View Quote

Do direct thread suppressors have torque specs? Not sure how it would be different as long as the mount was fully seated in the can.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

What he said..
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Do direct thread suppressors have torque specs? Not sure how it would be different as long as the mount was fully seated in the can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thread on cans aren't a great idea on a semi auto. They tend to want to back off with large strings of fire. Qd mounts lock them in place.  This falls under the category of it might work, but I wouldn't try it.  

The aac ranger 3 is designed for use on ars and it is designed to be torqued down.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for explaining.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I would chime in and say that you should avoid doing this as well.  If you're concerned about absolute accuracy and the most solid connection between the barrel and the suppressor, you want to minimize the number of interfaces/transitions that you have to make between the two pieces, thus the direct thread from barrel to suppressor.  By essentially using a flash hider as a threaded insert for the suppressor, you're asking it to do something that it was never designed to do and adding an unnecessary interface and the accompanying variability between the two/three pieces.  That flash hider was designed to be installed with Rocksett and torqued down to specifications to minimize variance.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:31:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top