Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 1:20:20 PM EDT
Went pending early feb, and I'm trying my best to put it out of my mind, but I'm curious to here if people have been getting their lt's approved and what their impressions are.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine was approved on 7/10. It was paper filed last year (either late Aug or early Sep) and went Pending 11/27. Had two error letters to deal with. Can is actually in a box heading to me today (along with a 45Osprey and a Spectre II).

I saw somebody else on another site post they got theirs almost two weeks ago, so I asked his impression. The response:

I have been out a couple of times with it, and I must say I am VERY impressed. This is my first suppressor so I don't have much experience besides shooting a few demos at shoots. I've shot it on my 5.56, 6.8, and my 308 bolt gun. It literally just sounds like a .22 when shooting. It suppresses all three calibers extremely well, it actually exceeded my expectations for it. My father was so impressed he is having a trust made and is going to purchase one as soon as that is done, which he was a huge skeptic when I purchased it.

You won't be disappointed!
View Quote

I have 7 hosts sitting here waiting with QD mounts. A mix of SBR (10"-12") and full size (16"-20"), and a mix of 5.56/6.8/300BLK.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine a few weeks ago.  I'm hoping to shoot it this week sometime.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is still in jail only since May.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine was approved about two weeks ago and I have had it out once so far with my 16" 300blk AR. It was comfortable shooting both subs and supersonic loads w/o earpro. It's quiet enough that I realized just how loud the AR action is.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:54:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is still in jail only since May.
View Quote

When you guys do get em, please (pretty please) post some pics and reviews!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an LTA in jail. Can't wait for it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Received mine a month or so ago. My first impression was" my TiRant is quieter than this" shooting 300 AAC subs
Granted i shot 220 grain subs with the TiRant and have only shot  187 gr Gemtech with the 30.LT
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Received mine a month or so ago. My first impression was" my TiRant is quieter than this" shooting 300 AAC subs
Granted i shot 220 grain subs with the TiRant and have only shot  187 gr Gemtech with the 30.LT
http://danster.smugmug.com/photos/i-B2SSq8x/0/M/i-B2SSq8x-M.jpg
View Quote

How long is that barrel?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#9]
10.5   looks shorter cause pic is at a angle
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got mine yesterday. Might try it this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine came today. My "theoretical" setup that would allow it to sit just inside the rail of my 12" 6.8 became a reality. Whew.

Didn't mount it to any of the other hosts, as the other mounts are all outside the rail, if just barely.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:26:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine still sits in jail...

Here it is with my 762 Ti QD during visiting hours.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I got mine a couple of months ago and only used it twice now. It's on a 20" MEGA 308 build. This is my first suppressor and I am VERY impressed with it. On my brothers 10.5" 5.56 it does an okay job at suppressing but not much.

I can;t afford a 5.56 YHM QD mount yet so I can use it on my 5.56 rifle yet. I'm still looking for one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#14]
The LT uses the Same mounts as the Classic/Non LT versions.  I know there was a change with the mounts but can never remember what works with what.

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The LT uses the Same mounts as the Classic/Non LT versions.  I know there was a change with the mounts but can never remember what works with what.

MAHA
View Quote

LT/LTA will thread onto the LT mounts and the 5.56 mounts. Won't go on the old 7.62 mounts that are longer.

I actually ordered 4 of the LT mounts and 1 of the 5.56 mounts, as the dealer on had four in stock. They're identical. It's basically the 5.56 mount threaded 5/8-24.

ETA: here is the video SS did to explain it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

MAHA
View Quote

Yeah but after the suppressor and buying a few pieces to finish the build, I can't afford ANY of the mounts haha. I've been looking around for a used one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah but after the suppressor and buying a few pieces to finish the build, I can't afford ANY of the mounts haha. I've been looking around for a used one.
View Quote

What's the budget? I've bought all of mine fairly cheap.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a used one? Man I have no idea. I've been missing out on them it seems and most used go for $35-50. As embarrassing as it is, I can't swing the $75 shipped for a new one.

I have the 7.62 mount that it came with on my .308 gun but I am just finishing a 10.5 upper build for my SBR. When I can afford it, I want to get another stamp for a dedicated 5.56 suppressor as well.

Edit: If you do find one in the $40 range PLEASE let me know or hell, buy it and I will buy it from you. If you're willing of course.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Saw mine at the shop today for the first time.  Still have around 3-4 weeks left before stamp approval. I'm at 4 months on Aug 2nd.

I was surprised at how light it felt in the hands.  On my 10.5  I regularly carry a 556 YHM phantom for work and it a pig to have at the end of the barrel. I'm gonna love this can i think :)

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Forgot I took some short vids of it out of my 308

[youtube][/youtube]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

LT/LTA will thread onto the LT mounts and the 5.56 mounts. Won't go on the old 7.62 mounts that are longer.

I actually ordered 4 of the LT mounts and 1 of the 5.56 mounts, as the dealer on had four in stock. They're identical. It's basically the 5.56 mount threaded 5/8-24.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

And the 5.56 brake also works if you need a 1/2-28 mount.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:25:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Got mine out of jail two days ago. Two hundred and twenty three days after I sent the paperwork in. I like it. Very compact and it doesn't really feel like 20oz. Don't have a clue how it compares suppression wise to other models as I don't have any other ones to compare it to, but it seems to do a good job. It comes with one QD and I bought three more to use it on all my guns. (2) 300BLK, (1) 556, and (1) .22.

Probably would have went with the new Titanium version of the LT, but it came out like a week after I bought the SS. But now that I've handled the SS it really isn't that bad weight wise, again I think in part because it's so compact it doesn't SEEM heavy.

Spare QD indicates the balance point with bipod attached:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a590/steelbait/700_zpse0617115.jpg
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a590/steelbait/Bitsy2_zpsf50ee376.jpg
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Got to shoot mine today. Tried it out on both 10" 300BLK SBR using subsonic ammo, and 12" 6.8 using standard ammo.

Didn't think about try to capture any video until I was out of ammo for these two hosts. (did get some of the Spectre II and 45Osprey).

The 6.8 was definitely nice, but with supersonic ammo still a little loud. The 300BLK however...was niiiiiiice. First time I've actually heard the buffer spring bouncing around.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Could one of yall post a pic of the interior- blast baffle? I am curious to see if it is the same as the new M2 or like my old 5.56 stainless. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Could one of yall post a pic of the interior- blast baffle? I am curious to see if it is the same as the new M2 or like my old 5.56 stainless. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Here's my attempt. One shot with focus inside the can, and one with the end in focus.

That get you what you needed to compare?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's my attempt. One shot with focus inside the can, and one with the end in focus.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/DCE5F764-01C7-45D0-8C98-2134D4AD980F_zpsd5wkggok.jpg

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/569719A8-2263-488D-9625-77D2A7FFFC13_zpspm1wx8fe.jpg

That get you what you needed to compare?

Yes sir! Thanks man. Looks like the new blast baffle design to me. Much appreciated.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Got mine about a month ago. I'd say its comparable to my .30 cal SS Phantom in performance on a 9" 300blk and 16" 5.56 but MUCH lighter. Also shorter and skinnier. Its gonna live on my 300 blk.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:44:47 AM EDT
[#28]
I've had mine since March.  I like it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#29]
As info...

Although it would've been nice for YHM to ship the LT in a pouch instead of just a bubble-wrap pouch, they do offer pouches for sale separately. They offer an 8" and 10" version...and with the LT listed at 7.625", I assumed the shorter one would work. I did get YHM to confirm this before I ordered, and the pouch arrived today. It's a little oddly shaped, almost triangular, but it works.

The YHM-TSP-10 is the 10", and the YHM-TSP-8 is the 8", both called Tactical Suppressor Pouch. The brief description of the TSP-8 from YHM:

These nylon pouches use a heat resistant Basofil lining that won't melt or burn and feature a Velcro belt loop and a snap lid. These pouches adjust to fit a variety of sound suppressors as well as flashlights and other accessories. Accommodates Phantom 5.56, MITE and Wraith suppressors.

For comparison, I'd say it's nicer than the pouch my Spectre II came in, but not as nice as the one the Osprey came in.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:51:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Made the drive to Austin to pick up my LT from Silencershop about a month ago. Haven't been able to shoot it yet..

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#31]
For the record:

Steve @ Battlecloth is the go-to guy for custom suppressor pouches.  [email protected] if I recall correctly...

That said, the Osprey pouch is actually Maxpedition's MP-5 magazine pouch with the SilencerCo logo sewn on.  I have my storage/transport pouch and I also throw a spare on my chest rig sometimes if I'm going to be running from a holster but might want to use the can at some point.  I might have had to call them to order one, but I don't remember.

I haven't used any of the YHM pouches mostly because I just don't really like the color black for any gear, but haven't heard anything bad about them.  I will put my cans away when I can hold them with a glove on comfortably and no sooner, though, so if you're doing mag dumps and then need to put it away I can certainly see the utility of the pouches with a fireproof lining.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:23:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Anybody here have both an LT and a YHM 5.56 QD can? If so, will you try something for me?

I know the LT and 5.56 cans won't fit on the .30 mounts made for the full size .30 cans that are longer. There are specific LT mounts that need to be used, but it also fits on the 5.56 mounts.

I needed five mounts recently, and the place I ordered from only had four of the LT mounts, so I also ordered a regular 5.56 mount for the fifth. When I got them, they had different part numbers but looked identical. The LT mount appears to be the 5.56 mount drilled out and threaded to 5/8-24.

If anybody has a 5.56 can and a mount specifically designed for the LT, will you see if it will attach? Wasn't sure if there was some slight machining difference that I didn't notice.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#33]
An older YHM Phantom 223 (3100 series) AND my new 762LT DO both fit the old 556 FH mount (YHM-3102-28A) and brake mount (YHM-5M2-QD). I purchased several of these two mounts to mount my 762LT on my 5.56 rifles and they work fine.

The Phantom 223 can does NOT fit the 5/8-24 30cal LT mount (YHM-4302-24A)... well... it doesn't fit it properly/screw all the way down to the ratchet. It does partially thread on though.

I hope this answers your question.

Quoted:
Anybody here have both an LT and a YHM 5.56 QD can? If so, will you try something for me?

I know the LT and 5.56 cans won't fit on the .30 mounts made for the full size .30 cans that are longer. There are specific LT mounts that need to be used, but it also fits on the 5.56 mounts.

I needed five mounts recently, and the place I ordered from only had four of the LT mounts, so I also ordered a regular 5.56 mount for the fifth. When I got them, they had different part numbers but looked identical. The LT mount appears to be the 5.56 mount drilled out and threaded to 5/8-24.

If anybody has a 5.56 can and a mount specifically designed for the LT, will you see if it will attach? Wasn't sure if there was some slight machining difference that I didn't notice.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The Phantom 223 can does NOT fit the 5/8-24 30cal LT mount (YHM-4302-24A)... well... it doesn't fit it properly/screw all the way down to the ratchet. It does partially thread on though.

I hope this answers your question.
View Quote

I think it does. Maybe I need to compare mine closer. While the bore and threads are different, they look identical in the exterior to the naked eye. I don't have calipers to check any measurements  

Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Woohoo!  Got a call from the gunshop yesterday that the stamp arrived and picked it up today!  

I don't even have the mount installed yet!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Finally put a few rounds through mine on Sunday and was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it is. While I was wearing ear plugs, I was expecting it to be much louder than it was because I was shooting full power .308 through a 16" barrel. Maybe this weekend I'll take a shot or two without ear pro to see what it sounds like. Gun is a RRA LAR-8 Mid Length. I was also surprised that there was no gas blow back in my face at all.

Only noteworthy issue is the mount. The threaded section of the RRA barrel is about .05" longer than the mating end of the mount. A spacer is needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top