Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 7:45:39 AM EDT
So I have a ruger 22/45 and it came with a wave washer with the thread protector.
Has anyone used these to keep the suppressor from backing off the threads?

This is not a lock washer or crush washer or Belleville washer.

From the micrometer and the simple eye test of looking down the barrel it looks ok.

I assume this is fine to use since it will be flat when tightened and unlike the other washers the force should be even across the suppressor.

Should I try this with my Ruger 22/45 , spectre ii?

Ps don't care about the warranty aspect. I just want to know will it work or if there is something else I should be considering.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't use it.  

I shoot the same host with a sparrow and I have had no issue with the can backing off either. Does yours back off?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the same set up as yours, I do not use any washer
PS . no problems what so ever
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Spectre II and just picked up a 22/45  Lite.  I left the washer off and didn't have any problems with the suppressor coming loose after a couple hundred rounds last night.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I actually shot my factory-threaded MK3 22/45 with Sparrow many times with that exact wavy washer on there. Then I started shooting it with it off. No difference for me, both shot fine. In general you don't want to use washers with cans ... but in my case it did not hurt.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
told not to use the washer, no issues backing off with cans.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I use it and I don't notice any difference.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]
The spring washer puts tension on the thread protector to keep it from backing off and being annoying for customers who don't have anything mounted to the muzzle.  If it had enough tension it would probably work with the suppressor also, but it might be lightly matched for that application.   Obviously unless the washer is compressed completely flat it could interfere with alignment in harmful ways.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I typically leave the washer on when I shoot just so I don't lose it by accident.  I don't know that it really prevents the can from backing off, I have never really paid attention to it before.  I guess I will start keeping track of it and see if it does or not.  Really the only guns i have had an issue with the can backing off is a centerfire pistol, the 22 doesn't really have enough kick to knock it loose.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#9]
So I tried this with and without. With the can stays on and no misalignment whatsoever. Without the can backs off my 10/22 of all things with the sparrow thread specs..... That makes no sense. I think ill but a new o ring and try that test again since it should back off with O ring engagement. So for S/G I bought a wave washer for my 30 yhm phantom on my bolt action since t always was sliding loose on me. Night and day difference...  I guess ill just make sure they are clean and run it on my 30. The 22/45 I'll stop using it since its clearly not having back off issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top