Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 5:00:01 AM EDT
I am approaching three months wait time for ATF to approve a suppressor to transfer from Silencerco to my dealer, is this normal?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
No, longer than usual. I did an eform 3 in April and a paper one in June. Both took about 6-7 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:07:33 AM EDT
[#3]
My last three paper F3s from SS (filed Apr/Apr/Jun) all took at least 6 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:27:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3 months doing the the paper way is not at all unheard of, I have had several take that long.
View Quote

My last Form 3 took 3 months. That was last year.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmm my buddy purchased an in stock specwar from Silencer Shop last month and it only took 4 weeks.  I currently am at 5 weeks from ArmsUnlimited.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:14:47 AM EDT
[#6]
My last Form 3 from SS was approved last Friday, just short of six weeks...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#7]
My form 3 from SS is just about at 4 weeks. I received an email that it was queued for submission on the 30th of June, I assume that means it was submitted....
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am approaching three months wait time for ATF to approve a suppressor to transfer from Silencerco to my dealer, is this normal?
View Quote

I just received a suppressor on a Form 3 from Silencerco yesterday.
Customer bought it in April
Silencerco didnt submit the Form 3 until May 7th
ATF approved it on June 21st
Silencerco didnt ship it until last Friday.

Silencerco needs to speed things up on their end.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#9]
My paper 3 was 32 days last month
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Talking to my Dealer a week or so ago, he told me expect 5-6 weeks for transfer of a Surefire Can. Not sure if that's him getting it from Surefire or some distributor...

Then starts the 6+ to how ever many months wait on Form 4s...  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#11]
4 weeks on my last one after i told them to paper file.  They were waiting for eforms to come back up when i purchased....that added 2 weeks to my wait, and i'd still be waiting if i didn't tell them to paper file.  

Perhaps dealer is waiting on eforms still?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My form 3 from SS is just about at 4 weeks. I received an email that it was queued for submission on the 30th of June, I assume that means it was submitted....
View Quote

You should buy a lottery ticket.

I'm at 7 weeks and 2 cans, and 5 weeks on another.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been waiting on a Form 3 to my SOT since 5/16.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My last three paper F3s from SS (filed Apr/Apr/Jun) all took at least 6 weeks.
View Quote

I am at 6 weeks today for my M4SDII from SS
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been waiting about 8 weeks on a SiCo form 3 to my dealer. Hopefully eforms will be back by the time that f3 gets in, but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Im still waiting on an SBR from DSG to my dealer.  Paper form was filled out on 4/23/14.  2 more days will be 14 weeks
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Mine was paper (faxed) back in April/May and took 5 weeks. 6-8 weeks seems to be the average.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#18]
6 weeks from The Silencer Shop to my dealer last time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Just curious, why is Silencer Shop saying that the ATF is approving Form 3's submitted in April?  That doesn't correspond to what everyone is saying here....?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Just curious, why is Silencer Shop saying that the ATF is approving Form 3's submitted in April?  That doesn't correspond to what everyone is saying here....?
View Quote
I think their website has a glitch.  My Form 3 sent 6/10/2014 was approved 7/18/2014, but SS hasn't received it yet...

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think their website has a glitch.  My Form 3 sent 6/10/2014 was approved 7/18/2014, but SS hasn't received it yet...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats weird.  SO this is my first Form 3.....when SS sends you the email saying its queued, does that mean they sent the form 3?
Can you call the ATF  to check on a form 3? How do you know when it was approved, and does it go pending like a form 1, 4?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Thats weird.  SO this is my first Form 3.....when SS sends you the email saying its queued, does that mean they sent the form 3?

Can you call the ATF  to check on a form 3? How do you know when it was approved, and does it go pending like a form 1, 4?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, when it's queued, that's when it's sent/faxed.  I called to check status.  That's when I found out it had been approved.  You'll need the serial number and the transferor/transferee information...

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe this will help a little?

The ATF normally won't tell you anything about the F3, as you're not the transferor or transferee. Sometimes you can get a hint if you phrase it the right way with the right person on the phone.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The ATF normally won't tell you anything about the F3, as you're not the transferor or transferee. Sometimes you can get a hint if you phrase it the right way with the right person on the phone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great write up man.  Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#25]
My M4SDII was just shipped to my dealer....wohoo!!

F3 faxed on 6/19.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top