Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 3:09:03 PM EDT
For both rifle and pistol use, which one and why?  I've searched on here and don't see much in the way of guidance or feedback.

Thanks for your input!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both. The Outback is more compact but the Alpine has a sealed baffle system that keeps fouling off the tube. While, in my opinion, it's not a perfect implementation, it works and the baffles come out of the tube easily. Sometimes I have to use an Element 2 pusher tool to get my Outback baffles out. Performance between the two is about the same.

If I had to pick one, it would be the Alpine. But I believe the Alpine is being discontinued this year and being replaced by the GM-22.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#2]
DSG has the Alpine on sale for $249. Log in to see the price.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DSG has the Alpine on sale for $249. Log in to see the price.
View Quote

I saw that....that is a smokin deal, right??
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Why stick with Gemtech?  There are better choices
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

A better choice that's around 249.00????
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencerco Warlock II for $235 at my local dealer,   I would take it over the Alpine.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Spectre II is $295 at SilencerShop.
All steel baffles.

I will never buy an aluminum baffle rimfire silencer. Steel gives you tons of cleaning options.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Silencerco Warlock II for $235 at my local dealer,   I would take it over the Alpine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Warlock is the best in this price range.  You may find them under $235.

Quoted:
All steel baffles.

I will never buy an aluminum baffle rimfire silencer. Steel gives you tons of cleaning options.
An even better idea!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All steel baffles.

View Quote

You are losing out.

The Warlock is a great can. I chose it over the Spectre II due to its lightweight, but the Spectre II will be my next can.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You are losing out.

The Warlock is a great can. I chose it over the Spectre II due to its lightweight, but the Spectre II will be my next can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All steel baffles.

You are losing out.

No, I don't think I am. I have the AAC Pilot (Similar in weight to the Warlock) with all aluminum baffles. I got tired of having to be gentle with the AL. I had it recored with all stainless. Now I can just throw the baffles in the rotary tumbler with some water and steel pins.Yes, the Warlock is a great can, but AL is not a great material for baffles. I'm getting my EVO 9 recored with stainless next. I'd rather have stainless to ease cleaning over the weight savings.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#11]
nevermind

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No, I don't think I am. I have the AAC Pilot (Similar in weight to the Warlock) with all aluminum baffles. I got tired of having to be gentle with the AL. I had it recored with all stainless. Now I can just throw the baffles in the rotary tumbler with some water and steel pins.Yes, the Warlock is a great can, but AL is not a great material for baffles. I'm getting my EVO 9 recored with stainless next. I'd rather have stainless to ease cleaning over the weight savings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All steel baffles.

You are losing out.

Get both

I have a Spectre II pending and I'd like an AL .22 can eventually
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

My response to that would be 'because they've been around a long time, are reliable, and have good customer service'.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My response to that would be 'because they've been around a long time longevity means what, exactly?, are reliable in what regard?, and have good customer service I have zero interaction with them but I do recall a few members have less than stellar experiences, maybe in regards to recoring .22 cans...? '.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My response to that would be 'because they've been around a long time longevity means what, exactly?, are reliable in what regard?, and have good customer service I have zero interaction with them but I do recall a few members have less than stellar experiences, maybe in regards to recoring .22 cans...? '.

Can't you say the same things about SiCO as well as having an arguably superior product?

Look, I'm no gemtech hater. Their two guys on here see to be standup and knowledgable but that doesn't negate the fact that SiCO's .22 lineup seems to dominate.
YMMV
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My response to that would be 'because they've been around a long time, are reliable, and USED TO have good customer service'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My response to that would be 'because they've been around a long time, are reliable, and USED TO have good customer service'.

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY

They still have good customer service. I had some issues with my TPR-S and they resolved it quickly and to my satisfaction.

That being said, Silencerco brings a whole different level of customer service to the game but Gemtech has always done right by me.

EDIT: I do feel bad for the guys that got stuck with leaded up Outbacks. I also wish they would reinstate the upgrade program where you could choose steel or titanium replacement baffles.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top