Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Found a video of someone not shooting steel with the can on. Here. (Member Please imbed)
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, one pack of 3 chokes.  No, no kits needed to change lengths.  You buy a 12" suppressor that you can shorten to 10, 8 or 6.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The soldiersystems article says it's $300 for the three choke set.  I'm betting the $248 is for a set of 3.

Meaning one IC/MOD/FULL package maybe? But then you still have to separately buy the kits to change lengths.

Yes, one pack of 3 chokes.  No, no kits needed to change lengths.  You buy a 12" suppressor that you can shorten to 10, 8 or 6.

I swear I heard you had to buy the different rods or something to change the length. I'll have to go look around.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I swear I heard you had to buy the different rods or something to change the length. I'll have to go look around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The soldiersystems article says it's $300 for the three choke set.  I'm betting the $248 is for a set of 3.

Meaning one IC/MOD/FULL package maybe? But then you still have to separately buy the kits to change lengths.

You heard right. $50 for each set of rods was mentioned. Not confirmed that it's actually true...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Found a video of someone not shooting steel with the can on. Here. (Member Please imbed)
View Quote

Plus more

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You heard right. $50 for each set of rods was mentioned. Not confirmed that it's actually true...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Per Bryon at M3 this is correct.  $50 msrp for the rod kits.  $100 msrp per choke tube adapter.  $300 msrp choke tube kit with three tubes.  Obviously $1400 msrp for the can its self.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Must be nice to be the first on scene without competition.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
That 6" version on the Mossberg pump sounded really quiet.  I know the sound doesn't translate well in a video, but the action of cycling the slide was louder than the shot.  I must have one of these
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#8]
OK, so who's gonna ask when they'll adapt the rod system to the Osprey and make it user serviceable?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OK, so who's gonna ask when they'll adapt the rod system to the Osprey and make it user serviceable?
View Quote

Genius. Or a four inch Osprey for a Glock 26...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:27:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds good. Too bad I only have one shotgun & never use it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be awesome, I would definitely buy one if they did that.  Who do we need to talk to to get this thing going?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:11:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That would be awesome, I would definitely buy one if they did that.  Who do we need to talk to to get this thing going?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk to BATFE about it.  They don't allow modular suppressors for civilians.  Really wish they would, but they won't.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:21:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Talk to BATFE about it.  They don't allow modular suppressors for civilians.  Really wish they would, but they won't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These aren't military suppressors that we're looking at here.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:02:15 AM EDT
[#14]
There is also one announced by a smaller company shortly before this announcement.  I guess the other company is small enough that Silencerco can ignore them at least for now.

http://www.xcaliberfirearms.com/?page_id=173
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been needing to add about a pound or two to my Beretta's muzzle anyway, this looks like it could fit the bill. However, I need them to make skeet chokes before I'll buy
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There is also one announced by a smaller company shortly before this announcement.  I guess the other company is small enough that Silencerco can ignore them at least for now.

View Quote

Interesting the timing of their release and Silencerco's.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha, theirs is huge!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Might as well bring Red Jacket to the party: http://youtu.be/VX3XXDT6R3s?t=4m37s (skip to 4:37 if the link doesn't go there automatically)
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Might as well bring Red Jacket to the party: http://youtu.be/VX3XXDT6R3s?t=4m37s (skip to 4:37 if the link doesn't go there automatically)
View Quote

GAME CHANGER
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny stuff right there.  A rushed announcement that they'll someday release a product, when a competitor is known to be announcing the actual release of their product the following Monday.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What? Do you know what this whole thread is about? A modular shotgun suppressor that Silencerco is releasing. You're 7 pages in and about half a dozen videos have been posted. Read the thread.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#22]
American specialty ammo also has had a 12ga suppressor for sale for a few years now
Xcaliber showed theirs roughly a year ago but took a while to have finished product ready to sell
Quicksilver offers shotgun suppressors on a special order basis
Red Jacket has two models available

SilencerCo is the first of the big players to bring one to market but far from the first. Though I have always been a fan of SWR and purchased their cans before I started doing form 1's for my own
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
American specialty ammo also has had a 12ga suppressor for sale for a few years now
Xcaliber showed theirs roughly a year ago but took a while to have finished product ready to sell

SilencerCo is the first of the big players to bring one to market but far from the first. Though I have always been a fan of SWR and purchased their cans before I started doing form 1's for my own
View Quote

True.. SilencerCo isn't the first company to make suppressors for shotguns.  

I really want to hold one just to see how it effects the balance of the shotgun.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

They didn't claim to be the first... just the first one that's commercially viable. None of those others really has any sort of national distribution.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
At the event, SCO discussed creating an external thread adapter for the SAIGA shotgun. The same adapter could also used on an SBS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm interested in buying one if these if there is a mount system for a SBS.

At the event, SCO discussed creating an external thread adapter for the SAIGA shotgun. The same adapter could also used on an SBS.

Get your SBS barrel cut for tubes.  No big deal and just part of suppressing a gun, like any other host.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Get your SBS barrel cut for tubes.  No big deal and just part of suppressing a gun, like any other host.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone have a good source for getting an 870 barrel cut and threaded for choke tubes?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They didn't claim to be the first... just the first one that's commercially viable. None of those others really has any sort of national distribution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first releases most certainly did claim to be the first
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Anyone have a good source for getting an 870 barrel cut and threaded for choke tubes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rose Action Sports. Google them. He has done hundreds of barrels for members of this board
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like it only comes as a "system" with the single shot shotgun.  Ghey.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Im waiting for someone to do integral barrels for 11-87s.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Rose Action Sports. Google them. He has done hundreds of barrels for members of this board
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will second using RAS. He did a bunch of Mossberg 930 SPX barrels for me and they all turned out great.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a few questions regarding this.  Maybe you guys know the answers:

1) Is it legal hunt migratory game birds with a suppressor?  I know TX changed the law that you can deer hunt with suppressors now.  But I was under the impression that migratory birds are a federal thing.  

2) Adding the Salvo12 to a standard length barrel with no modifications....will this affect spread?  

3) Will the Salvo12 will have adapters in standard chokes (F, M, S...) or does it use factory chokes?  I thought I read that it attaches using the choke threads.

4) How would spread be affected by cutting a barrel down to 12-16" to reduce overall length with 12" Salvo12?  I've never pattered a SBS, but I would assume that shortening the barrel would significantly change the spread.  

From my questions above you can probably tell that I only care about the Salvo12 for the purposes of hunting.  I'm trying to understand if it will be worth the expense and time investing in the Salvo12 and platform?  Basically, if I knock down birds with a suppressor at a similar rate to normal shotgun it seems worth it to me.  If it means sacrificing birds, missed shots, and frustration I'll just keep using cigarette butts in my ears.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
3) Will the Salvo12 will have adapters in standard chokes (F, M, S...) or does it use factory chokes?  I thought I read that it attaches using the choke threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Post from the top of page 8. Does this answer your question?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Per SCO, you will be able to buy one choke individually for $112 or a set of three for $300. The individual choke will only be available in IC. If you want M or F, you need to buy the full set.

Above prices are MSRP.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Per SCO, you will be able to buy one choke individually for $112 or a set of three for $300. The individual choke will only be available in IC. If you want M or F, you need to buy the full set.

Above prices are MSRP.

HA, yes it does!  I read that and didn't process it somehow.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

1) Is it legal hunt migratory game birds with a suppressor?  I know TX changed the law that you can deer hunt with suppressors now.  But I was under the impression that migratory birds are a federal thing.  
View Quote

I see nothing that states you can't use a suppressor for game birds.

The TPWD site actually states in two places that "game birds" are legal to shoot with suppressors/silencers.

"The Commission also adopted rules permitting the use of firearm silencers for the take of alligators, game animals or game birds"

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/?req=20120330b

Silencers may be used to take any wildlife resource...

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/outdoor-annual/hunting/general-regulations/means-and-methods

Both links make mention that while silencers are now legal to use for all animals, this regulation change does not exempt you from the laws surrounding ownership of the silencer in the first place.

If you want 100% confirmation  you could always call or write TPWD as well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The TPWD site actually states in two places that "game birds" are legal to shoot with suppressors/silencers.

"The Commission also adopted rules permitting the use of firearm silencers for the take of alligators, game animals or game birds"

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/outdoor-annual/hunting/general-regulations/means-and-methods

Both links make mention that while silencers are now legal to use for all animals, this regulation change does not exempt you from the laws surrounding ownership of the silencer in the first place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I'm less concerned about TWPD and more concerned about the Feds.  The last part of the section you posted is what I'm concerned about:

Silencers may be used to take any wildlife resource; however, all federal, state and local laws continue to apply.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Well I'm less concerned about TWPD and more concerned about the Feds.  The last part of the section you posted is what I'm concerned about:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencers may be used to take any wildlife resource; however, all federal, state and local laws continue to apply.

http://www.fws.gov/le/waterfowl-hunting-and-baiting.html

They specify what cannot be used to hunt. Suppressors/silencers are not mentioned.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my perception... but I dont think that TWPD is going to published that it's  legal to hunt all game birds with a silencer in Texas on their website and in their regulation postings but in reality it is actually illegal to do so at the Federal level, basically negating everything TWPD published regarding the subject.

The part about Federal, State and Local laws I take to mean that the silencer has to actually be legal to own in the jurisdication you are using it, which in Texas means it needs to be NFA registered.   There may also be additional federal guidelines regarding hunting in a National Forrest/Park/Grassland that may be more restrictive regarding possession of a silencer on Federal property much less hunting with it.  TWPD probably also doesnt want some yahoo who doesnt even know what a form-4 is going out and buying an oil filter or solvent trap adapter at the local gunshow and sticking it on his rifle for deer season because TWPD says its ok as long as he is "hunting".

However, If you want an ironclad legal opinion on the subject than I would suggest having your attorney draft determination letters to TWPD and the US FWS.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Well I only THOUGHT I was done buying suppressors Looks like there will be one more can in my future....  Hopefully will have one in hand for the 2015 Dove Season
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:56:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Just my perception... but I dont think that TWPD is going to published that it's  legal to hunt all game birds with a silencer in Texas on their website and in their regulation postings but in reality it is actually illegal to do so at the Federal level, basically negating everything TWPD published regarding the subject.

The part about Federal, State and Local laws I take to mean that the silencer has to actually be legal to own in the jurisdication you are using it, which in Texas means it needs to be NFA registered.   There may also be additional federal guidelines regarding hunting in a National Forrest/Park/Grassland that may be more restrictive regarding possession of a silencer on Federal property much less hunting with it.  TWPD probably also doesnt want some yahoo who doesnt even know what a form-4 is going out and buying an oil filter or solvent trap adapter at the local gunshow and sticking it on his rifle for deer season because TWPD says its ok as long as he is "hunting".

However, If you want an ironclad legal opinion on the subject than I would suggest having your attorney draft determination letters to TWPD and the US FWS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should be legal if there is nothing prohibiting it. But I would double check as stated.  In WI, the DNR handbook use to always state it was unlawful to hunt with a rifle with a barrel length of less than 16". But it was still legal to do so since there was actually no state statues prohibiting it. In the last couple years, they recently changed the handbook to state that it is unlawful to hunt with a rifle with a barrel length of less than 16" unless the person has a legally registered SBR or something along those lines. I would assume the same thing with hunting federal game birds with a suppressor. Check the actual state/federal statues to be sure.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, I'm not sure when I will be able to afford the actual can, but I've already scheduled an appointment for my SBS to visit Dr Steve at Rose Action Sports...

You know, so I'm prepared. Down the road. In case anything should happen.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Back in stock at SS.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Not in stock from what I can see. Anyone able to order one yet?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not in stock from what I can see. Anyone able to order one yet?
View Quote

I just got an email saying back in stck from SS. Maybe the haven't updated their system.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top