Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Kestrel 7.62AK can, and I'm really not looking forward to it whenever it gets out of jail. I only wanted to put it on an M92 SBR, so, hopefully it serves that purpose well enough. i have several other cans, but I was lured in to the idea of a crappy can that could be specific to the AK round and I wouldn't feel too bad about baffle strikes. At least I have a Specwar 762 on the way soon...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any updates? comparison? i am mailing my guardian 22 off tomorrow for an upgrade to the kestrel. I am hoping the noise reduction stays the same as i am happy w the performance but cleaning aluminum is a pain in the ass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine was sent out on wednesday and returned to me the following wednesday.  I was more than happy with their turn around time.  I just upgraded my guardian to a Kestrel 2 weeks ago.

Any updates? comparison? i am mailing my guardian 22 off tomorrow for an upgrade to the kestrel. I am hoping the noise reduction stays the same as i am happy w the performance but cleaning aluminum is a pain in the ass.

best of luck to you I hope it's returned in one piece
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bought a Kestrel 7.62AK can, and I'm really not looking forward to it whenever it gets out of jail. I only wanted to put it on an M92 SBR, so, hopefully it serves that purpose well enough. i have several other cans, but I was lured in to the idea of a crappy can that could be specific to the AK round and I wouldn't feel too bad about baffle strikes. At least I have a Specwar 762 on the way soon...
View Quote

it's loud, even with wimpy 150gr 300BLK rounds.  the only good thing about that can is you can use it on 9mm handgun(if you have red dot sights such as RMR).  the baffle stack and front hole are large enough to let 9mm through.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

it's loud, even with wimpy 150gr 300BLK rounds.  the only good thing about that can is you can use it on 9mm handgun(if you have red dot sights such as RMR).  the baffle stack and front hole are large enough to let 9mm through.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 20+ oz can without a booster system ? Explain to me how that is a good thing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

a bad 9mm can is better than not having a 9mm can?  think so?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

People were bitching about a boosterless Gemtech Blackside that weighed less than half that figure not cycling the host it was attached to.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
The first few posts of this thread are enough for me to completely write Huntertown off from ever considering their products.  There are plenty of companies out there that treat their customers right, no need to waste time on one that doesn't.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not just 9mm but also 357 Magnum/Maximum.  And not just subsonic loads but full power loads.

If someone is looking for a inexpensive yet mediocre performing muzzle can for something like a Ruger 77/357, their search is over.

My store's Kestrel 762AK actually sounds better on the 5.45mm AK74 than it does on the 7.62mm AK47.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

how is a can that doesn't let the gun cycle a good thing?

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, I have had absolutely no experience with Huntertown Arms products, or it's customer service.  However, I plan on buying one of their Guardians for my .22s based on the web reviews, and the price!  I am somewhat disappointed at the disparaging comments about Tim at Military Arms Channel.  I had taken him as an honest, impartial reviewer, but who knows?  I have seen a couple other positive reviews as well.  It is a .22 can with K-baffles, just how bad could it be?

Anyway, the good part is that I am waiting for the suppressor to be transferred to my local dealer, and since it is part of a stocking order, I don't have to pay a transfer.  Also, I can try it out before I commit to buy, and use it at the indoor range while I wait for ATF to bless off on the transfer to me!  If it sucks, I will just go with another brand.  

I don't want to make any excuses for a company I know nothing about.  However, I work for a small company that had a lot of growing pains when our business started to take off.  Maybe this is the case with Huntertown? Just too many orders, too quickly, and their service and QC suffered for it.  I would not be so concerned with turn around time on a warranty repair, just that they corrected any deficiencies properly.  What good is selling a product with a lifetime warranty, it the repair work is NG?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, I have had absolutely no experience with Huntertown Arms products, or it's customer service.  However, I plan on buying one of their Guardians for my .22s based on the web reviews, and the price!  I am somewhat disappointed at the disparaging comments about Tim at Military Arms Channel.  I had taken him as an honest, impartial reviewer, but who knows?  I have seen a couple other positive reviews as well.  It is a .22 can with K-baffles, just how bad could it be?
View Quote

Do you think gun rags are full of impartial reviewers too?

Besides I am certain if Tim every had an issue with a HTA can, it would be handled expediently by HTA.

So he can truthfully report; despite their reputation online, he has personally never had anything but first class custom service from HTA.

This is how the game is played.

But don't take the word of actual (no name/YouTube channel) owners.

I am sure you will get the star treatment too.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Besides I am certain if Tim every had an issue with a HTA can, it would be handled expediently by HTA.

So he can truthfully report; despite their reputation online, he has personally never had anything but first class custom service from HTA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.  Of course "celebrity reviewers" would get treated like gold.  I have no delusions over the credibility of published reviews, it is just that this thread was the first time I ever saw Tim's integrity questioned.  

Like I said, I have absolutely ZERO experience with HT and their products.   I do know they took a long time to get back to my dealer, so they could place an order.  I also have given them a call a couple times, getting through to a very nice guy the first time, and getting a call back the next day after I left a voice mail the second time.  

Now, I have no doubt that there are issues with CS.  I have no idea if this shows problems with their business practices, or maybe the growing pains I mentioned before.  However, almost everyone who has posted to this thread who actually owns a HT suppressor has expressed a positive experience with the can itself.  Since a suppressor is a pretty simple device, if I look at it and try it before I buy, I really cant see a down side. Once again, if it sucks, I will just buy something else!

I spent 10 years working for a Title II MFG, working on MGs, cannons, and suppressors, and met a lot of dealers/MFGers.  My experience with most of those people showed that quite a few of them had a celebrity/rock star type mentality, and they could give a shit less about CS.  They felt it was an honor for you to be ALLOWED to spend money with them.   I have met guys like Jonathan Ciener, who has the reputation of taking your money, NEVER shipping your product, and then screaming at you if you call to complain (if you can get through to him),  and charging you a restocking fee for something he never shipped.  So guys complaining about HT taking a week to turn around a warranty repair just doesn't seem that bad to me!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#13]
First hand experience as a  Kestrel 556 owner: I can tell you it is a cheap, mediocre preforming suppressor.  From a company willing to mislead if not out right lie to get sales.  I can not tell you about their CS, because I have not needed it.  Should I need a repair I will contact an excellent 3rd party 07/02 like SRI. I will not waste my time with HTA again.

Eta:  Seriously?  HTA is not as bad as J.A.C. is a good enough standard for you to give them business?  There are so many companies that will work for your business, before and after the sale, why would you bother?   Because they are cheap?  Let my tell you there is nothing in the NFA world that is cheap in the long run.  Don't skimp on the cans.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
First hand experience as a  Kestrel 556 owner: I can tell you it is a cheap, mediocre preforming suppressor.  From a company willing to mislead if not out right lie to get sales.  I can not tell you about their CS, because I have not needed it.  Should I need a repair I will contact an excellent 3rd party 07/02 like SRI. I will not waste my time with HTA again.

Eta:  Seriously?  HTA is not as bad as J.A.C. is a good enough standard for you to give them business?  There are so many companies that will work for your business, before and after the sale, why would you bother?   Because they are cheap?  Let my tell you there is nothing in the NFA world that is cheap in the long run.  Don't skimp on the cans.
View Quote

OK, like I said, I have no experience with HTA, and I am not praising or condemning them for that very reason.  However, this thread is the only one I have found with these type of criticisms of the company.  That does not mean the internet is not full of scathing indictments of them, I am just ignorant of them.

Once again, I am not defending HTA, but since your experience with them is owning a suppressor that you have not sent back for their crappy CS, can you tell my why you made the above statement?  I am not trying to be sarcastic or combative, I just would like to know what they did to you as an individual that made you so mad at them (besides making a cheap mediocre preforming can).  

In all honesty, yes I am interested in their .22 because of it's price.  If (and that is IF), I can buy a can for $199 (that is not total crap) that works well enough to compare with a can that is twice as much, I will do it.  I have been inside a fair number of suppressors, and while the science and engineering has to be applied correctly, they are just not that complicated, and see no sense in paying huge money for a .22 suppressor!  Hell, if this was England, they would be a non-regulated accessory!

And you totally missed my point with the JAC reference.  With all due respect to the people who posted on this thread (and whatever issues HTA is giving them), there a large number of people that will complain about anything for any reason.  No, HTA should not be promising a 3 day turn around if they are taking 2 weeks or more, but if it all turns out OK, what is the harm and why all the hate?  I work for a manufacturing company, and sometimes things happen that make you miss a promised deadline.  It sucks, but it happens!  Once again, is it because of the 2013 craziness, and more sales than they can deal with, or is it because they are unmitigated scum bags, or something in between?  I don't know.

Another thing to consider is with HTA offering a .22 suppressor for $200, that forces the other suppressor makers to try to compete, and that lowers the price for all of us.  I am a Capitalist, and believe in a free market, and the best way to bust inflated prices is competition.

I have been involved with NFA stuff since before the 1986 ban, so I am well aware of the price of these toys (and that's what they are, toys).  So I have no interest in paying a huge amount for a can I will use to shoot rats in the barn, or plink in the back yard if I don't have to.  I plan on buying a .30 can for my rifles, and that one I will research well because of the higher demands placed on it, and price will not be as important.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

OK, like I said, I have no experience with HTA, and I am not praising or condemning them for that very reason.  However, this thread is the only one I have found with these type of criticisms of the company.  That does not mean the internet is not full of scathing indictments of them, I am just ignorant of them.

Once again, I am not defending HTA, but since your experience with them is owning a suppressor that you have not sent back for their crappy CS, can you tell my why you made the above statement?  I am not trying to be sarcastic or combative, I just would like to know what they did to you as an individual that made you so mad at them (besides making a cheap mediocre preforming can).  

In all honesty, yes I am interested in their .22 because of it's price.  If (and that is IF), I can buy a can for $199 (that is not total crap) that works well enough to compare with a can that is twice as much, I will do it.  I have been inside a fair number of suppressors, and while the science and engineering has to be applied correctly, they are just not that complicated, and see no sense in paying huge money for a .22 suppressor!  Hell, if this was England, they would be a non-regulated accessory!

And you totally missed my point with the JAC reference.  With all due respect to the people who posted on this thread (and whatever issues HTA is giving them), there a large number of people that will complain about anything for any reason.  No, HTA should not be promising a 3 day turn around if they are taking 2 weeks or more, but if it all turns out OK, what is the harm and why all the hate?  I work for a manufacturing company, and sometimes things happen that make you miss a promised deadline.  It sucks, but it happens!  Once again, is it because of the 2013 craziness, and more sales than they can deal with, or is it because they are unmitigated scum bags, or something in between?  I don't know.

Another thing to consider is with HTA offering a .22 suppressor for $200, that forces the other suppressor makers to try to compete, and that lowers the price for all of us.  I am a Capitalist, and believe in a free market, and the best way to bust inflated prices is competition.

I have been involved with NFA stuff since before the 1986 ban, so I am well aware of the price of these toys (and that's what they are, toys).  So I have no interest in paying a huge amount for a can I will use to shoot rats in the barn, or plink in the back yard if I don't have to.  I plan on buying a .30 can for my rifles, and that one I will research well because of the higher demands placed on it, and price will not be as important.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that's all you want go ahead and get one - the guardian is good enough but for an extra 90 you can get a top of the line can, or now get the aac pilot for less and get the $200 rebate and you get a company that actually gives a damn

I have three HTA cans and while they work (not the best but not bad) quality and customer service isn't there so they will never get another dime out of me
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So if you really spent 10 years with a Title II MFG, then you of all people should know who to buy from and not to buy from.

Also remember, if you are looking for a cheap can, then 99% of the time you get what you pay for.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.  Of course "celebrity reviewers" would get treated like gold.  I have no delusions over the credibility of published reviews, it is just that this thread was the first time I ever saw Tim's integrity questioned.  

Like I said, I have absolutely ZERO experience with HT and their products.   I do know they took a long time to get back to my dealer, so they could place an order.  I also have given them a call a couple times, getting through to a very nice guy the first time, and getting a call back the next day after I left a voice mail the second time.  

Now, I have no doubt that there are issues with CS.  I have no idea if this shows problems with their business practices, or maybe the growing pains I mentioned before.  However, almost everyone who has posted to this thread who actually owns a HT suppressor has expressed a positive experience with the can itself.  Since a suppressor is a pretty simple device, if I look at it and try it before I buy, I really cant see a down side. Once again, if it sucks, I will just buy something else!

I spent 10 years working for a Title II MFG, working on MGs, cannons, and suppressors, and met a lot of dealers/MFGers.  My experience with most of those people showed that quite a few of them had a celebrity/rock star type mentality, and they could give a shit less about CS.  They felt it was an honor for you to be ALLOWED to spend money with them.   I have met guys like Jonathan Ciener, who has the reputation of taking your money, NEVER shipping your product, and then screaming at you if you call to complain (if you can get through to him),  and charging you a restocking fee for something he never shipped.  So guys complaining about HT taking a week to turn around a warranty repair just doesn't seem that bad to me!

So if you really spent 10 years with a Title II MFG, then you of all people should know who to buy from and not to buy from.

Also remember, if you are looking for a cheap can, then 99% of the time you get what you pay for.

I have not been associated with any suppressor makers in a VERY long time, I am more of an MG guy, who has only recently decided to bulk up my can collection.  Much like walking into the beer isle at the liquor store and being overwhelmed by the selection now, there are exponentially more can makers now then when I had any involvement in them. So no, I don't know who to buy from, that is why I am asking questions. And yes, I did work 10 years for a Title II MFG, and can almost guarantee that I have built, handled, and fired more MGs than you have ever seen.  Thanks for questioning my integrity.

I work in the manufacturing world, so I know how much R&D, material, and machine shop time costs.  The HTA Guardian is a straight forward design, a design that has been around for a LONG time.  Just how much does it cost to thread two ends of a 1" OD tube, CNC out some K-baffles and two end caps?  Evidently cheap enough for HTA to retail the Guardian for $199!  We are not talking about a piece for covert government ops, or mil-spec meant to shoot all day long in a fire-fight, but a toy to shoot your .22 without hearing protection, and not disturb the neighbors. And I do believe there are far more people interested in the latter than the former.  If you want to buy a high-speed, low-drag suppressor, please feel free.  However, please remember there are people who only need a Chevy, and don't want to buy a BMW.

So far, I have seen FAR more positive comments about HTA suppressors than negative.  An issue with CS can be addressed by proper management, so if there is a problem with CS, it can change literally overnight.  I say AGAIN, I know Jack about HTA, and their products, and am just going on what I have read.  There just seems to be a lot of hate over a company that makes a product most customers seem happy with.

When the Guardian comes in to my dealer, I will inspect it, take it apart, and shoot it.  Either I will like it or not, and I can decide for myself.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#18]
If this is the only thread you can find which critical of HTA; you are not lookin very hard or have selective eye sight.

Like many here I first saw a Kestrel 556 on Tims channel on an AK74 with a 24mm mount.  Where I ordered a 762AK for a customer I specifically asked about the 24mm omni mount, because it is not listed in their dealer sheet.  I was assured it would be no problem.  I asked several times about this before finalizing the order.  Each time I was assured 24mm mount was no problem.

They delivered the can with a solid steel slug az the 24mm mount.  When I called I was told they never offered a 24mm mount because of tthread variances.  I said I asked specifically about the 24mm compatibility and the po said I required a 24mm mount, and I was assured the 24mm mount was availbe.  They told me I was mistaken, miss heard them, whatever because they never offered a 24mm mount.

Did I mention this was for a customer?  Thanks to sp3worker I was eventually able to get a 24mm mount.

They are not acquainted with truth.  I will not send them an other dollar.  Or a can I own.  Even if it has their name on the side.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm amazed you can try before you buy. My guardian sounds fine, but it is also a huge pain in the ass to take about and has to be beaten with a dowel and a mallet.  I'm getting a sparrow then will try to make more contact to upgrade the baffles. I wouldn't not recommend anyone buy one when there are better options.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So far, I have seen FAR more positive comments about HTA suppressors than negative.  An issue with CS can be addressed by proper management, so if there is a problem with CS, it can change literally overnight.  I say AGAIN, I know Jack about HTA, and their products, and am just going on what I have read.  There just seems to be a lot of hate over a company that makes a product most customers seem happy with.

View Quote

Just search around the main suppressor boards and you'll find plenty of opinions about them.

You can also read where the CEO addresses customer service complaints and whatnot and pretty much comes off as an arrogant prick.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I will also add that the form 3 for my can was approved in April 2012 they did not deliver it to my dealer until August of 2012 I should have  stopped at that point.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a Kestrel 308 and so far I am happy with it. Sounds just fine on an 8" 300blk and an 18" 308 bolt gun.

I got to try it out before buying it on the black out. It is very quit with subs and sounds like any other 30cal can I have heard with supers or on my 308.

With that being said I would not buy another HA can regardless of price. My Kestrel did not come with any paper work at all. I have sent a half dozen e-mails in the last two weeks with some simple questions and have heard nothing from them, are they even still in business?

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:22:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Only the manufacturer can make repairs to suppressors, right? So what happens if HTA folds?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:49:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am somewhat disappointed at the disparaging comments about Tim at Military Arms Channel.  I had taken him as an honest, impartial reviewer, but who knows?  
View Quote

Check out his latest video going over an HTA product, comments and ratings have been disabled. He knows damn well people aren't happy with HTA.

I have a Kestrel 5.56 and I like it well enough but they won't see any more of my money.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
With that being said I would not buy another HA can regardless of price. My Kestrel did not come with any paper work at all. I have sent a half dozen e-mails in the last two weeks with some simple questions and have heard nothing from them, are they even still in business?

View Quote

that's exactly what I did.  my first can is a HA AK7.62.  I just paid for a YHM Ti.  HA ain't getting a penny from me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Check out his latest video going over an HTA product, comments and ratings have been disabled. He knows damn well people aren't happy with HTA.

I have a Kestrel 5.56 and I like it well enough but they won't see any more of my money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am somewhat disappointed at the disparaging comments about Tim at Military Arms Channel.  I had taken him as an honest, impartial reviewer, but who knows?  

Well, he's part owner of Copper Custom

which is the exclusive distributor for HTA's Dolos system.

Once someone has a commercial interest in a company (especially sole distribution rights), I tend to put less faith in their reviews.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:19:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#31]

you owe me a keyboard. I just spit coffee everywhere.

When I stop laughing, I'll share my condolences.

If not you, someone needs to repost those on silencertalk
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#32]
They just did a core swap right?  How did they do that?

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Damn...I'm embarrassed that they are from Indiana.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Damn...I'm embarrassed that they are from Indiana.

Only reason I kept giving them another chance

Done now
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They just did a core swap right?  How did they do that?

MAHA
View Quote

you tell me I had it apart a week before to clean it and I basically hand tightened it (held tube with one hand used wrench in other)

on another side note since upgrading to the kestrel it weighs twice as much, which I kinda expected but dam
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#35]
You got some free cocking serrations and all you can do is bitch?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:32:04 AM EDT
[#36]
ok so a BIG update, I just got off the phone with Theresa. they are sending me a new chameleons 308 for FREE!! minus the tax stamp. while their customer service can be slow and they don't make the quietest silencer, they have more than redeemed themselves in my eyes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
ok so a BIG update, I just got off the phone with Theresa. they are sending me a new chameleons 308 for FREE!! minus the tax stamp. while their customer service can be slow and they don't make the quietest silencer, they have more than redeemed themselves in my eyes.
View Quote

Well kudos to them for stepping up and doing that. Did they offer or did you press for them for compensation? Also, do they have Chameleons ready to Form 3 to your dealer?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Well kudos to them for stepping up and doing that. Did they offer or did you press for them for compensation? Also, do they have Chameleons ready to Form 3 to your dealer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they immediately offered a new Ti g22 replacement. I then asked since this can is still functional if I could go with the chameleon if I paid the difference.  she said she would have to get back to me with a price. Today I spoke with her and she stated there would be no cost for the can if I would pay the stamp.

it sounds like the first batch of chameleons are form 3d but are all accounted for.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

In to see how this ends... I'd be willing to bet a dollar it won't be according to your plans.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

Glad you're happy. I still won't buy anything from them, and I will steer everyone away from them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#44]
honestly I was going to push for a refund instead of a replacment g22 and go buy someone else silencer but I do think they went above and beyond as far as making up for their mistake.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#45]
well i mailed my guardian 22 off last tuesday for an upgrade to kestrel baffles. can was received weds morning at HTA according to UPS signature delivery. i received an email from customer service thursday confirming my request for upgrade.

i got my can back yesterday morning. no dents, gouges, damage to the tube so we are off to a good start. the baffles appear to be quality machined stainless steel. the can is def a lot heavier than aluminum baffles, but that is to be expected.

i ran approx 50 rds of federal bulk pack, 30 rds of cci standard, and 5 rds of aguila super colibri. sound suppression seems to be about the same as pre-upgrade. so far i am impressed and will def enjoy the easier cleaning and increased durability of the stainless steel baffles. the weight is increased but again that is to be expected.

host weapon is a Ruger SR22 TB. i should be picking up my 22/45 threaded barrel and RMR this weekend. cant wait to slay some critters with this set up.

I will add that i made several* phone calls to HTA and never once received an answer or a return call. However i had a reply within hours when i emailed.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top