Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/27/2014 2:21:43 PM EDT
Or should I say lack of.

So against my better judgement I still decided to upgrade my guardian 22 to the kestrel baffles.  Well they quoted me a one day turn around, per the signature tracking they got it at 10am on monday.  So here it is friday and no can no shipping information and after several calls calls and emails starting on wednesday there is no response.  Mind you they had time to cash my check but no time to even respond to me.  

They make a decent product at a low price but I am done with them, and I will spread the word on their horrible service as far as I can.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Or should I say lack of.

So against my better judgement I still decided to upgrade my guardian 22 to the kestrel baffles.  Well they quoted me a one day turn around, per the signature tracking they got it at 10am on monday.  So here it is friday and no can no shipping information and after several calls calls and emails starting on wednesday there is no response.  Mind you they had time to cash my check but no time to even respond to me.  

They make a decent product at a low price but I am done with them, and I will spread the word on their horrible service as far as I can.
View Quote

Took them over a week to call me about a repair.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine was sent out on wednesday and returned to me the following wednesday.  I was more than happy with their turn around time.  I just upgraded my guardian to a Kestrel 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
They filed out my end cap strike and reoxidized it at no charge. I am happy with them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
DAY 177

Since I talked with the CEO and filled out an online warranty request form.

DAY 167

Since I followed up and was assured it would be taken care of.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in the tank for 3 of their cans. No issues yet, but if/when the day comes I need some CS I am concerned to say the least. Based off of CS horror stories I haven't bought anymore of their cans.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in the tank for 3 of their cans. No issues yet, but if/when the day comes I need some CS I am concerned to say the least. Based off of CS horror stories I haven't bought anymore of their cans.
View Quote

+1 ... Same boat, I have 4 of their cans. They run great but I am dreading the day I will need to get a hold of them for CS. Been thinking of the upgrade but will wait until the can is nice and dirty and beyond my cleaning abilities before I do it!
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
DAY 177

DAY 167

View Quote

That's enough for me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I got the can back but still to response, looking at it the end cap doesn't screw on all the way there is a pretty good gap. I sent another email with a picture but we will see if they even respond

I'll post pics later tonight
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I am sooooo glad they did not make a can for 7.5" barrel which push me away from them and went with SilencerCo Specwar 7.62.....then I started to read about HT horrible CS.......I am all for supporting small businesses but if they don't care about their customers I don't care how cheap their products are I will shy away for sure.  I can deal with local shop where I can be there daily to bother the crap out of them but anything online (out of State) I rather not deal with.....pay a little more for CS department is worth every penny to me  Especially product like suppressor, you go through so much to get one and have to deal with CS issue....6-9 months wait is bad enough, not willing to deal with poor CS on top of that

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Cap doesn't seem normal to me

Baffles look like maybe they are the newer ones except for one of them, and still after three voicemails  four emails no response
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's enough for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DAY 177

DAY 167

That's enough for me.

Yup. Was about to get one for my 5.45, that update good enough for me to start looking at the MPA556S.
That sucks I was really looking at a kestral for an end user serviceable suppressor with a price point fit for a beater 545 AR
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine was a Kestrel from the start and that looks very much like my core:

My core measures 4.711" in length.

The front endcap measures .476" from the flat that contacts the end of the tube to the bottom of the endcap.

The recess inside the endcap measures approx. .110"

Let me know if you need more pictures or measurements.

My endcap sits flush and there is no rattle in the baffles.

What sort of QC monkey let that thing out the door?!?!?

Have you taken off the other endcap to make sure the stack isn't hanging up on that end?

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I took it all apart and the only way I could make it better is to unscrew the other end to even out the gap

How thick are your baffle walls if you don't mind measuring?
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#15]
There is another thread here where the guy said he got the heat treated ones, I'll ask him if he could measure his baffles too
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I took it all apart and the only way I could make it better is to unscrew the other end to even out the gap

How thick are your baffle walls if you don't mind measuring?
View Quote

The wall that rises up to encapsulate the baffle in front of it (and forms the wall of the core - if that's what you're referring to) measures 0.024" thick.

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am all for supporting small businesses
View Quote

I would argue that SiCO or Gemtech or Liberty are small businesses too

MAYBE not surefire and depending on if you view AAC as standalone or if you view freedom group as a whole.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I have one of their 22 suppressors I have not filed a form 4 on yet.  The price was right, but now you guys have be second guessing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#19]
How hard is it to implement a preshipment QC inspection as part of their quality process? Or at the very least a vision plan so their people in operations can get some new glasses.

How someone could sign off on a poorly fitting endcap and let it go out the door is beyond me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

MAYBE not surefire and depending on if you view AAC as standalone or if you view freedom group as a whole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I meant small businesses as in HT....not SilencerCo as everyone knows they are huge......if I can't trust small businesses then I will gladly donate my hard earned $$$$ to big companies.....that's how things flow in life
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I meant small businesses as in HT....not SilencerCo as everyone knows they are huge......if I can't trust small businesses then I will gladly donate my hard earned $$$$ to big companies.....that's how things flow in life
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so SiCO is huge like Pepsi and Honda?
I'm just busting your balls
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:50:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Update

Still no response, I'm going to start sending two emails a day and see what happens

And just to reiterate the fact that if you email them to upgrade and they think you are spending money you get an instant response

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:24:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I have one of their 22 suppressors I have not filed a form 4 on yet.  The price was right, but now you guys have be second guessing.
View Quote

Don't do it.  My guardian works great, but I'd rather have good service if I in fact need it.  I'm going to pick up a sparrow.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Well, glad I didn't go with them on any of my cans...
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They make a decent product
View Quote

At a recent demo their cans were so loud that ANOTHER SUPPRESSOR MANUFACTURER actually gave them some sub sonic ammo so they wouldn't be so embarrassed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

At a recent demo their cans were so loud that ANOTHER SUPPRESSOR MANUFACTURER actually gave them some sub sonic ammo so they wouldn't be so embarrassed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They make a decent product

Their 7.62 can is known to be a joke. My 5.56 is plenty quiet, even on a 10.5 pistol. I'm not excusing their QC or CS issues, though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I've had enough issues with them that I'll no longer carry their product.  Never return calls or emails, 6+ months to get an order in, Guardian 9 being so loud you might as well not even use it.  I'm all done.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Any update on this?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Several emails later and not a single response

I'm done with them and would recommend people stay away
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Hope they turn this shit around.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/davecz/media/can1_zps30164fa3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd484/davecz/can1_zps30164fa3.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/davecz/media/can2_zps9265968a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd484/davecz/can2_zps9265968a.jpg</a>
Baffles look like maybe they are the newer ones except for one of them, and still after three voicemails  four emails no response
View Quote

Both my Kestrel do this.  I use a 1" wrench to tighten them down and no isues.  I will get some photos this week up to show.

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Both my Kestrel do this.  I use a 1" wrench to tighten them down and no isues.  I will get some photos this week up to show.

MAHA
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/davecz/media/can1_zps30164fa3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd484/davecz/can1_zps30164fa3.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/davecz/media/can2_zps9265968a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd484/davecz/can2_zps9265968a.jpg</a>

MAHA

Hearing more instances of what the OP experienced doesn't make it any more acceptable. My Kestrel doesn't have that issue and the images of HTA rimfire cans I've googled don't have that issue either.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have been trying for 9 months.  About 7 emails spread out.  Some responses but never any resolutions.  I solved my own issue but keep pressing to see if they come up with what I found that works.  I seriously wonder why Tim at military arms channel endorses these people.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Because Tim either get's a check or free cans from them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been trying for 9 months.  About 7 emails spread out.  Some responses but never any resolutions.  I solved my own issue but keep pressing to see if they come up with what I found that works.  I seriously wonder why Tim at military arms channel endorses these people.

A friend of mine is a dealer for them.  Every time he orders ten cans,  they send him 12.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

A friend of mine is a dealer for them.  Every time he orders ten cans,  they send him 12.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

It makes you wonder what their true cost is.
It also makes you wonder what companies like SiCO or gem-tech or AAC or surefire pay in R&D
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It also makes you wonder what companies like SiCO or gem-tech or AAC or surefire pay in R&D
View Quote

I remember reading somewhere that suppressor in other countries seem to be much cheaper than in the US.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I remember reading somewhere that suppressor in other countries seem to be much cheaper than in the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are. But then again,  there are good suppressors here that aren't a grand each.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:14:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

because they aren't so hard to get as in the US, so they are looked at as disposable/wear items. so they are built that way. extremely cheaply.

the US market expects suppressors to be high performance and last forever, because they are highly regulated and PITA to get.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:54:19 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm currently on week 2 of my 1-2 day turn around for upgrading my g22 to kestrel. 3 emails and 2 phone calls and not a peep. never buying from them again!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The more I hear about them, on line and in real life, I'm glad I did not buy any of their stuff.

Too much BS.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#43]
so I finally got a call from Teresa, they apperently scratched the shit out of it!! but they going to make it right, they are sending my old can back and are going to send me a new titanium replacement!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
so I finally got a call from Teresa, they apperently scratched the shit out of it!! but they going to make it right, they are sending my old can back and are going to send me a new titanium replacement!
View Quote

What's the legality of that?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Perfectly legal with a new form 4 $200 tax and whatever the dealer charges to transfer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Perfectly legal with a new form 4 $200 tax and whatever the dealer charges to transfer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I inferred from the post...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

What were they doing to "scratch the shit out of it"? Trying to drive the old baffles out or ??? Would love to see some pics when you get the can back.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't know what they were doing. I had taken it apart and cleaned it a week before so I know it didn't come apart to hard. il post pics when I get it back
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#49]
I really like my stainless Kestrel. Built like a tank, but I dread the day I'll need customer service from them. All my other stuff is SWR/SilencerCo
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mine was sent out on wednesday and returned to me the following wednesday.  I was more than happy with their turn around time.  I just upgraded my guardian to a Kestrel 2 weeks ago.
View Quote

Any updates? comparison? i am mailing my guardian 22 off tomorrow for an upgrade to the kestrel. I am hoping the noise reduction stays the same as i am happy w the performance but cleaning aluminum is a pain in the ass.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top