Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Submitted my form 1 draft, but it's currently stuck in limbo and not yet pending. It's still under draft, yet they've taken my money, and I can no longer edit it because it was submitted...
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Submitted my form 1 draft, but it's currently stuck in limbo and not yet pending. It's still under draft, yet they've taken my money, and I can no longer edit it because it was submitted...
View Quote

The original offline message stated that if it was in draft status, you would have to apply for a refund.

If it is in draft status, then it was never submitted.

You might want to try "ask the experts" to see what you should do in light of the eForms system being partially back.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you need to edit it?

If not, go in and try to submit. It shows you have already paid?

Try submitting. Mine went through today. Less than a minute of waiting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
That's the problem when I go to submit it it says it's under confirmation: You're application has been submitted for processing. The next tab is greyed out so I can't try resubmitting it. It's really stuck in limbo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's the problem when I go to submit it it says it's under confirmation: You're application has been submitted for processing. The next tab is greyed out so I can't try resubmitting it. It's really stuck in limbo.
View Quote

Ugh. Strange. Email Gary. They may be able to push it forward.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you go to look at it in Draft status, does it look like this?

1. Do you have the green box at the top that says it's been validated successfully?
2. Is the Certify box checked, with both Pay and Sign & Submit grayed out?
3. Do you have the "Yoir application has been SUBMITTED for processing" note at the bottom?

That's what my Submitted/In Process form looks like...

Also...did you get two emails?
1. Payment confirmation
2. Status of application showing either SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS or PENDING RESEARCH?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I just also submitted a form 1 I had in draft.  We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#8]
My Octane 9 will arrive at the local dealer on Wednesday.  At this point, I think I've decided to just go ahead and paper file it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 3:51:13 AM EDT
[#9]
So, people submit forms they were told are not submittable and then wonder why the forms weren't submitted?

Check.

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 4:24:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So, people submit forms they were told are not submittable and then wonder why the forms weren't submitted?

Check.

View Quote

Nope, mine and others show up as submitted. The one that is showing up as still being in DRAFT was that way from before the eform shutdown.

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 4:39:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

1. Do you have the green box at the top that says it's been validated successfully?
3. Do you have the "Yoir application has been SUBMITTED for processing" note at the bottom?

1. Payment confirmation
2. Status of application showing either SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS or PENDING RESEARCH?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Payment confirmation

Looks exactly like that and I got the payment confirmation. Didn't get the second email and it's stuck in draft. I contacted someone at ATF using ask the expert and they're telling me they have no record of it and I need to file for a refund. Whose Gary and how can I get in touch with them?
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Looks exactly like that and I got the payment confirmation. Didn't get the second email and it's stuck in draft. I contacted someone at ATF using ask the expert and they're telling me they have no record of it and I need to file for a refund. Whose Gary and how can I get in touch with them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Payment confirmation

Gary Schaible.  He processes eforms.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Payment confirmation

Exact same situation I was in. They will only refund the payment, there's nothing else they can/will do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I had to submit for a refund for a Form 4 that was stuck in limbo.  It worked out and I ended up getting my money back.  

They want you to provide them with the email you received when you submitted payment.  Unfortunately I didn't have that, as I guess my dealer deleted it.  Anyway I sent in an email with my name and all the credit card information that was used to make the payment.  They responded asking for the payment confirmation email.  I replied that I didn't have it and couldn't get it and never heard anything back.  After a week I emailed them again.  Four or five days later (on a Friday) I got an email back stating that my refund had been initiated and that it should show up in my account in about 10 business days. The following Friday the money hit my account, so it was only a total of five business days once the refund had been initiated.

The most frustrating part was that by this time I had sent in the Form 4 on paper and the money from the refund went to cover the check I had to write to the SAME people for the SAME thing.  This is a fine example of the government machine in action.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#15]
That really blows, guess I will have to submit for a refund.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess I got lucky. My form was in limbo for a month. After calling several people we found someone helpful at the branch that submitted my eform last week so I didn't have to do a refund.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#17]
bttt
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Patiently awaiting Form 1s to come back online.

Link Posted: 5/1/2014 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

Form 1 and Form 4 for me. I have an SBR and SOCOM can to file.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

I got my trust completed right as this crap happened.

Im waiting to submit 2 sbr lowers, a sparrow, an element 2, a tirant 9, and a saker.

I want NFAIDS
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Im waiting to submit 2 sbr lowers, a sparrow, an element 2, a tirant 9, and a saker.

I want NFAIDS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

I want NFAIDS

Yeah, I forgot to mention that too.  I want to move forward on a SOCOM 7.62 & 5.56 as soon as possible also.  SBR's first, then Suppressors right afterward.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 4:19:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I received an email from Gary Schiable regarding the form 1 I submitted this week.  It's still pending research but seems to be moving forward.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 6:37:21 AM EDT
[#24]
bttt - this will not die until the Eform system is back up for Form 3's/4's.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

any new word about this for the form 4's?
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No word but I would bet another 2-4 months.  Eforms have been down a month already.  We are approaching 3 weeks when the ATF sent out their status letter where they said that their goal would be to bring back all non form 3's and 4's within the next several weeks.

I took "several weeks" to mean 3-8 weeks.  It has almost been 3 weeks and Form 6's are the only thing up....so I think that is about right.

The ATF letter letter also said a new 'system' had to be installed before it could handle the large form 3/4 volume...goal was the "short term"....not weeks, short term.  My guess would be another 2-4 months before a new "system" is updated to handle the form 3/4 volume.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No word but I would bet another 2-4 months.  Eforms have been down a month already.  We are approaching 3 weeks when the ATF sent out their status letter where they said that their goal would be to bring back all non form 3's and 4's within the next several weeks.

I took "several weeks" to mean 3-8 weeks.  It has almost been 3 weeks and Form 6's are the only thing up....so I think that is about right.

The ATF letter letter also said a new 'system' had to be installed before it could handle the large form 3/4 volume...goal was the "short term"....not weeks, short term.  My guess would be another 2-4 months before a new "system" is updated to handle the form 3/4 volume.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 6:43:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Just tried to log in and got this instead of the log in page.

eForms Outage

The eForms System will be unavailable for industry use each Wednesday, from 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (EST) in order for ATF to conduct routine maintenance and processing.

Please direct any questions about this message to [email protected].
View Quote

It's Tuesday...

What could it be now?
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's Tuesday...

What could it be now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

eForms Outage

The eForms System will be unavailable for industry use each Wednesday, from 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (EST) in order for ATF to conduct routine maintenance and processing.

It's Tuesday...

What could it be now?

That's gotta just be their generic message for when it's down. I got the same thing last Friday.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Well shit......I keep holding out for the site to come back up but paper route is looking like it might be necessary at this point.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's gotta just be their generic message for when it's down. I got the same thing last Friday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

eForms Outage

It's Tuesday...

What could it be now?

I just logged out.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I just logged out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

eForms Outage

It's Tuesday...

What could it be now?

I just logged out.

Ctrl+F5.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Back up. Just successfully logged in.

Still no Form 3s, 4s or 1s...
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I decided to quit waiting for efile to come back up and am paper filing a suppressor tomorrow.  So, on Tuesday, the system should be up and running.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:12:10 AM EDT
[#35]
By the time 3s and 4s are back on eFile dollars to donuts there won't be much of a wait time difference if current trending on paper forms continues.  ATF seems to want to head that direction, though, and I'm guessing an equilibrium will be established after a few years of the eFile system actually working.  It will take so long to stabilize due to the long feedback latency, and could go out of control if people take certain indicators as a reason to file one way or another.  It'll be interesting for sure.

Like watching the stock market!
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

By the time 3s and 4s are back on eFile dollars to donuts there won't be much of a wait time difference if current trending on paper forms continues.  ATF seems to want to head that direction, though, and I'm guessing an equilibrium will be established after a few years of the eFile system actually working.  It will take so long to stabilize due to the long feedback latency, and could go out of control if people take certain indicators as a reason to file one way or another.  It'll be interesting for sure.

Like watching the stock market!
View Quote
That's why I had silencer shop paper form the octane I bought a week before eforms went down. After a month, I just wanted to be submitted.

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Efiled a dealer transfer of a SBR on 4/1. It shipped yesterday to my local dealer. Now do I have the local guy paper file right away or wait for the efile?
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Efiled a dealer transfer of a SBR on 4/1. It shipped yesterday to my local dealer. Now do I have the local guy paper file right away or wait for the efile?
View Quote

Since there's no sign of the F1s being added, and you'll need an F4 which was announced to be the last form added (with the F3), I wouldn't wait another day and file it by paper. I have two paper F3s that should be approved in the next week or two and the corresponding F4s will go by paper if the situation hasn't changed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I just told WFA to go ahead and paper my Saker 762 Form 3. At this point like most, I'm tired of waiting on the system to get back up with absolutely no end in sight....

So, I would just paper. God only knows when Form 1/3/4's will finally be added again!
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I just told WFA to go ahead and paper my Saker 762 Form 3. At this point like most, I'm tired of waiting on the system to get back up with absolutely no end in sight....

So, I would just paper. God only knows when Form 1/3/4's will finally be added again!
View Quote

I did paper file on a F3 in April
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 5:20:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I wish I would have done it a while ago, but kept hoping that the system would come back up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Sigh.

We have 4 customer cans waiting on e-file of Form 4 to come back to life.  We're just hoping that it doesn't end up taking longer than paper filing would have...

--ww
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 5:02:43 AM EDT
[#44]
I went ahead and paper filed last week.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#45]
At this point, how long as it been down?  

I have a can being held waiting for eForms to come back (form3).  I know once I tell them to send paper it will come back, but I am already 10 days in waiting.. 10 days less I would be if i sent paper.

Should I just give up on eForms for now?
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a 4 efiled right now and it's looking (from what i have seen and am being told) like it will be a 6 month wait.  It looks like a paper 4 is a 12 month wait.  I am ready to buy a .22 can and torn like many others.  Is everyone really thinking this is going to down 6 more months?
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not really. We are seeing paper form 4s get approved from about 8 months ago, and that seems to be falling. I think something submitted today will be approved by Christmas, but that's just a guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks like a paper 4 is a 12 month wait.

Not really. We are seeing paper form 4s get approved from about 8 months ago, and that seems to be falling. I think something submitted today will be approved by Christmas, but that's just a guess.

I don't doubt that for a minute. One of the keys is the drastic shortening of the time between check cashing and Pending. My last two paper forms were 11/4/13 and 11/9/13 pending dates, approved 5/9/14 and 4/22/14. So, less than 6 months. But they took 2+ months to go from check cashed to Pending. The recent posts on NFA Tracker show this to be down to a week or so recently.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Screw it, I paper filed today
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top