BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stephen_A:
If I eFile using a trust for an SBR do I need to put anything in the Schedule A section before it's uploaded?  I.E. description of the firearm, serial number, etc. or is that entered after it's approved?
View Quote

I put the gun I was wanting to make a SBR and $100 because that's how my lawyer said to do it.

It was approved.

At least put $10 or something on schedule A. Why take a chance?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By M4Tank:

I put the gun I was wanting to make a SBR and $100 because that's how my lawyer said to do it.

It was approved.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
If I eFile using a trust for an SBR do I need to put anything in the Schedule A section before it's uploaded?  I.E. description of the firearm, serial number, etc. or is that entered after it's approved?

It was approved.

So the ATF will understand that the SBR IS NOT assembled prior to submitting the form and it will be assembled only after the stamp is approved?  Should I put 'to be assembled after approval'?

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]

So the ATF will understand that the SBR IS NOT assembled prior to submitting the form and it will be assembled only after the stamp is approved?  Should I put 'to be assembled after approval'?

View All Quotes

It was approved.

I put:

1. $100
2. Spikes tactical LLC, Model ST15, Serial number SBR-xxxxxx

It was approved.

Depends on how your trust is written. The lawyer who did mine mentioned schedule A in the body of the trust.

I'm far from an expert on Trusts.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]

I put:

1. $100

It was approved.

Depends on how your trust is written. The lawyer who did mine mentioned schedule A in the body of the trust.

View All Quotes

It was approved.

I put:

1. $100

It was approved.

Thanks M4, appreciate your help.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:07:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Who did my trust said to fund it with 1$
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#6]
So after your eform has been approved do you still have to send in a copy of the assignment page with the approved item on it and if so where do you send it and I suppose you send it with a cover letter stating your control number? Sorry if this has been covered.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By amarbuilder:
So after your eform has been approved do you still have to send in a copy of the assignment page with the approved item on it and if so where do you send it and I suppose you send it with a cover letter stating your control number? Sorry if this has been covered.
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

No.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amarbuilder:

No.

Thanks again you have been a great help!
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone had experience with a refund for an eForm? It has been 14 days as of today and I have not received a refund yet.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gaston4:
Has anyone had experience with a refund for an eForm? It has been 14 days as of today and I have not received a refund yet.
View Quote

Been covered quite a bit. From what I have read it can take up to 60 days...
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

60+ days. I think they're just now doing late Nov, maybe a few early Dec.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Jesus. That Florida lawyer guy's website said 10 days, I guess he has outdated info. Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#13]
My eform was approved on 1/29/2015, how long should it take until I get the actual stamp in the mail?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Seanquigley:
My eform was approved on 1/29/2015, how long should it take until I get the actual stamp in the mail?
Thanks
View Quote

Forever...cause it's not coming. The digital stamp on the form is all you get.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Good, so the only thing I can loose is my login info. Good one less thing to worry about.
I can print out a few copies and call it a day.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:50:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmeriKEN] [#16]
Thanks for putting this information together.  I just submitted my first eForm last night and it couldn't have gone easier.  I submitted for a .30 can, but now I'm thinking I should start smaller with a .22LR can.  Can I just modify my existing form before it is approved?  Should I cancel this form and do a new one (and wait for a return on money paid)?  I guess I could just bite the bullet and submit another form for another stamp, but I wanted to spread out the cost a little bit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AmeriKEN:
Thanks for putting this information together.  I just submitted my first eForm last night and it couldn't have gone easier.  I submitted for a .30 can, but now I'm thinking I should start smaller with a .22LR can.  Can I just modify my existing form before it is approved?  Should I cancel this form and do a new one (and wait for a return on money paid)?  I guess I could just bite the bullet and submit another form for another stamp, but I wanted to spread out the cost a little bit.
View Quote

You can't modify it. I'd think length is also going to be different. Not sure if the model/SN was specific to a .30, either, so that may make a difference.

You could cancel, but the refunds are taking 60+ days.

I'd probably submit another one. You could hold off and build the .30 later, so that cost could wait and you'd have the stamp whenever you wanted to start. Financially, if you were going to submit another one in the next 2-3 months, there's not much reason to cancel this one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#18]
You can't modify it. I'd think length is also going to be different. Not sure if the model/SN was specific to a .30, either, so that may make a difference.

You could cancel, but the refunds are taking 60+ days.

I'd probably submit another one. You could hold off and build the .30 later, so that cost could wait and you'd have the stamp whenever you wanted to start. Financially, if you were going to submit another one in the next 2-3 months, there's not much reason to cancel this one.
View Quote

That's what I thought.  I guess I'll submit another form for the 22 can.  I was planning on doing it eventually any ways...might as well jump into the NFA game with two stamps.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Huge "THANK YOU" to Big Waylon for this, not sure I would have figured it out without his posts. Was having trouble getting the trust uploaded, but saw the posts about merging PDF files, that worked well. Then trying to pay I kept getting the white window with the close button on the top left. Finally switched to the wife's iPad (I'm on a Mac) and that worked, though I'm not sure why but hell it's submitted and hopefully I did it correctly.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 6:02:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DmL5] [#20]
Is the guide in the OP outdated?

I just registered an account on the ATF eForms site and it never allowed me to enter a user name NOR did it tell me my user name at any point.

Now when I hit the "forgot user name" button it takes me directly to the eForms screen where you pick your form, but I get constant Java errors like "java.lang.NullPointerException"

I've already tried this on multiple browsers with the same results, and made sure my Java is updated to the latest version.

I'm on step ONE of this process, and already severely annoyed by this barely functional website.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By DmL5:
Is the guide in the OP outdated?

I just registered an account on the ATF eForms site and it never allowed me to enter a user name NOR did it tell me my user name at any point.

Now when I hit the "forgot user name" button it takes me directly to the eForms screen where you pick your form, but I get constant Java errors like "java.lang.NullPointerException"

I've already tried this on multiple browsers with the same results, and made sure my Java is updated to the latest version.

I'm on step ONE of this process, and already severely annoyed by this barely functional website.
View Quote

Ok I think I've found the issue.

Chrome autocompleted the first and last name fields when I entered my registration and that prevented it from properly creating a user name for me.

I went back through again and entered my name manually and that fixed it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 3:37:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IHTFP08] [#22]
just submitted my first form 1 for a silencer.

I was using chrome and it worked fine, but i got a weird error after submission. It must not mean much, my form still says submitted/in process. So I guess it worked out alright, right?

ETA: also weird, I got two emails. same submission date, but one has a permit/control number and the other is blank.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Tried yesterday to form1 a SBR. Latest IE not working at all with it, won't let me log in. I used firefox and was able to go through all the pages and on the electronics document section where I added my trust in 7 files well under the MB limit. After a wait, the screen kicked me back to a blank page where I see they have a saved draft of a Form 1 for me on the left tab. (I did hit save after each page) The thing is, nothing is actually saved in the fields. I did this twice yesterday and both times it ends up doing the same thing.

What's the deal, browser issue?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 1:23:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EarlBypass] [#24]
I'm using a Goldman trust and eForm 1 to document the making of a SBR from a stripped lower that's in my possession. My question concerns what goes on the Assignment Sheet. Note 5 on the cover page states - that the Trust is not valid until something is put into the Trust.

I have read where a dollar amount can be assigned, say $10.00, and is listed in the "Model" column, "Initial Funding of the EarlBypass Trust" is listed in the "Make" column and that the serial number of the $10.00 bill was used in the "Serial Number" column. There may also be a close-up photograph of the bill showing the denomination and serial number of the bill uploaded with the other documents.

I have also read where the Make, Model and Serial Number information (EarlBypass Trust, XXXX, XXXXXX) on the lower to be used in the making of the SBR goes on the Assignment Sheet. This doesn't seem correct because I haven't received the ATF's blessing yet to "make" the SBR.

Any and all assistance with this would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#25]

thanks OP.  Form 1 SBR and suppressor submitted

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 12:24:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: soldierman79] [#26]
So, I followed the OPs awesome thread and filed my first e-form on January the 5th. Came back approved today, February the 16th.

Woohoo!!!!

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Steelblitz:
Tried yesterday to form1 a SBR. Latest IE not working at all with it, won't let me log in. I used firefox and was able to go through all the pages and on the electronics document section where I added my trust in 7 files well under the MB limit. After a wait, the screen kicked me back to a blank page where I see they have a saved draft of a Form 1 for me on the left tab. (I did hit save after each page) The thing is, nothing is actually saved in the fields. I did this twice yesterday and both times it ends up doing the same thing.

What's the deal, browser issue?
View Quote

Just quoting myself here, but 2 days later and about 10 attempts later, the form 1 to SBR my krink went through. Worked on Firefox after I updated everything with that browser.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#28]
My first post on here. Thanks for this thread. filled out my first form1 using a trust from coyote rifle works and everything went smooth! thanks for the great help!
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Was working on 4 form 1's and eforms went down in middle of first one.  I now understand the frustration with eforms that every one else is complaining about.  was about to upload trust and pay first form when it went down.  so guess I will try again later tonight.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Did my first one today and it was super easy with the pictorial guide. Sooooo wishing form 4s were ready for efile...
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Awesome write up, all went smooth on my first eForm 1
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:54:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kaufmaniac] [#32]
Did all 4 of mine this morning can't wait for them to clear so I can build my new toys.

edited for spelling correction.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Is it possible to edit an Eform after its submited but not reviewed?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By s2gotz:
View Quote

Assuming this is the same question from your other post, but phrased a different way?

You can't edit the form itself, but you can upload additional docs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Assuming this is the same question from your other post, but phrased a different way?

View All Quotes

Yes sir that's what I'm looking for. I tried to go back and find these question. Do you mind telling me how I do this?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:18:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#36]
Yes sir that's what I'm looking for. I tried to go back and find these question. Do you mind telling me how I do this?
View Quote

I answered it in the other thread...but this is also in the Guide:

Note: After you submit the application attachments cannot be added. ETA 8/28/14: I have found this statement to not be true. You can add documents after the form is submitted but before it's approved. However, it's a little confusing. It will create a duplicate copy of the form in DRAFT status. At first, my Draft copy had the new attachment and the Submitted copy had the old attachments. When I checked the next day, all attachments were on both copies. I had the NFA branch confirm they saw the new attachment, and was told not to delete the Draft copy, as it would delete both. Several months later, I still have Draft copies of all my Approved forms just sitting there. (if you have any questions about this process, feel free to post them or send me an IM).

I did it three times last week, and all had the new attachments immediately.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Note: After you submit the application attachments cannot be added. ETA 8/28/14: I have found this statement to not be true. You can add documents after the form is submitted but before it's approved. However, it's a little confusing. It will create a duplicate copy of the form in DRAFT status. At first, my Draft copy had the new attachment and the Submitted copy had the old attachments. When I checked the next day, all attachments were on both copies. I had the NFA branch confirm they saw the new attachment, and was told not to delete the Draft copy, as it would delete both. Several months later, I still have Draft copies of all my Approved forms just sitting there. (if you have any questions about this process, feel free to post them or send me an IM).

View All Quotes

Much appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Wait times. Not sure if anyone posted this yet.

NFA Tracker
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#39]
OK I'm stuck.

I got everything entered. Not any huge problems. Then I click on the "PAY" button and all I get is an empty "pay and submit" box. The ONLY thing in the box is a CLOSE button.

Help!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:12:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Switched over to IE (ugg) and I paid. All systems go!

Thanks guys!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:22:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#42]
<< edited to clean up sticky and get us back on track...BigWaylon >>
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:24:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#43]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:18:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#44]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#45]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:07:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#46]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:14:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#47]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:19:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#48]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:44:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#49]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:45:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#50]
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top