BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Posted: 1/10/2014 5:35:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon]
Topic has been moved to the Suppressors - Build Your Own forum

Here is a link.

Leaving this sticky in place for now due to the number of external references to this post, but going to lock it. Please use new topic for further questions.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Sticky this bitch! Awesome post!
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 6:01:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By carbonfly:
View Quote

Thanks!  tony_k mentioned he'd do that when I told him I was working on it.

Notice I waited until after most of mine were submitted...in case this made it easy enough that the line all of a sudden gets a LOT longer!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 6:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: muzzleloader] [#3]
Great Info! So have most people left the "Description" box empty and gotten approved? I left it empty on my first efiling last week and was going to submit another form 1 tonight, but now I am worried that I should put something in that box. Can those who have been approved chime in on this? Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By muzzleloader:
Great Info! So have most people left the "Description" box empty and gotten approved? I left it empty on my first efiling last week and was going to submit another form 1 tonight, but now I am worried that I should put something in that box. Can those who have been approved chme in on this? Thanks!!
View Quote

As I mentioned on the slide...even if you put something there, it's not on the form when you print it out. Evidently it doesn't make much difference. I've seen plenty of members post they were approved after leaving in blank.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
very nice post.  Wish I had it the other day.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Great, thank you!

Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

As I mentioned on the slide...even if you put something there, it's not on the form when you print it out. Evidently it doesn't make much difference. I've seen plenty of members post they were approved after leaving in blank.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Great Info! So have most people left the "Description" box empty and gotten approved? I left it empty on my first efiling last week and was going to submit another form 1 tonight, but now I am worried that I should put something in that box. Can those who have been approved chme in on this? Thanks!!

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Great Info! So have most people left the "Description" box empty and gotten approved? I left it empty on my first efiling last week and was going to submit another form 1 tonight, but now I am worried that I should put something in that box. Can those who have been approved chime in on this? Thanks!!
View Quote

I put trust name, city, state.. Like was said, the PDF form didn't reflect that input. I don't know if examiners see something otherwise. Mine got approved. So take that for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 7:45:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whitebrad25] [#8]
Originally Posted By carbonfly:
View Quote

For sure.

A little late for me since I learned my mistakes the hard way .
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 7:46:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whitebrad25] [#9]
ETA: Well....there you have it....my first double post...Thanks IPhone.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]
last screen shots added with pay info, email examples, etc...

as far as I'm concerned, it's complete...

-Greg
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#11]
thanks!  and bump this for a sticky!
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#13]

This!  Thanks for putting this together!
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Way to go! What I needed as a new comer to NFA! Thanks!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I could have used this two days ago, BRAVO. Thanks for helping out the next guy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Stick stick sticky
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Well done! Sticky sticky
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 11:59:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: coolhand] [#18]
Holy mother of GOD.
Awesome sir! We should make it as Sticky.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#19]
thanks.  Working on my first one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for posting this. Very helpful.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#21]
That was really easy!  THANKS!
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you sir for this post! I just used it, went very smooth. All I can say is don't get click happy. Slow doesn't begin to describe how this system runs. I waited between screens for a couple minutes a few times, but all went well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:30:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#23]
Originally Posted By Royalwithcheese:
Thank you sir for this post! I just used it, went very smooth. All I can say is don't get click happy. Slow doesn't begin to describe how this system runs. I waited between screens for a couple minutes a few times, but all went well.
View Quote

Definitely good advice. I've done one in <10 minutes start to finish, and also taken 3+ hours to get through it.

Glad it's been helpful.

As info, I added a note under the last pic. My application that was in PENDING RESEARCH status is now SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS.  7:34p on Fri to 6:15p on Monday. Giving them credit for a 48 hour weekend, the "problem" was fixed in just under 24 hours. It does show a Submitted Date of today, instead of Friday when I actually clicked Sign & Submit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/14/2014 9:11:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#25]
Edited OP to add two things:

1. After first pic, a note about the Title field, where you can put Trustee if you wish.
2. A note near the end about the DRAFT and SUBMITTED watermarks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#27]
For any of the first time applicants that followed this guide...any input?

Any questions you still had? Clarifications I need to make? Additional screen shots or explanations that would be helpful?

-Greg
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Personally I found this to be of good value as well.

Filling out e-form 1
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
Personally I found this to be of good value as well.

Filling out e-form 1
View Quote

I linked to that one at the beginning of mine. It has a couple good points. It also has some 100% incorrect data. For instance...you cannot submit multiple firearms on a single Form 1, even though he mentons you can.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#30]
So when do you start seeing some movement? When I go back in and look at my completed form, there are empty boxes on the top of my form line information. I guess for when the approval process starts? It's definitely in there though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:03:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#31]
Originally Posted By Royalwithcheese:
So when do you start seeing some movement? When I go back in and look at my completed form, there are empty boxes on the top of my form line information. I guess for when the approval process starts? It's definitely in there though.
View Quote

Does it show Submitted/In Process? And the form has a SUBMITTED watermark across it?

If so, that's the equivalent of Pending in the paper form world. You won't see any movement until you get notice it's Approved or Disapproved.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#32]
It says submitted and I got a confirmation email when I did it. Just wondering if you got to see the process play out online. Guess I'll just wait for my approved email to show up!
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for taking the time to put that together!
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:44:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kteaton] [#34]
What about for individuals? I want to apply for my first SBR tax stamp, but I don't have/want a trust. What do I do about passport photos, fingerprints, and the CLEO signature?

ETA: Nevermind, I re-read your note at the bottom. Does anyone know if e-filing is at all possible for individuals?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:45:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#35]
Originally Posted By kteaton:
What about for individuals? I want to apply for my first SBR tax stamp, but I don't have/want a trust. What do I do about passport photos, fingerprints, and the CLEO signature?  

ETA: Nevermind, I re-read your note at the bottom. Does anyone know if e-filing is at all possible for individuals?
View Quote

It is not possible in any way for an individual.

I went back and added a note at the top of the OP, so nobody has to read through the whole thing to find the note at the bottom.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for the write up
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Very nice!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#38]
In your notes, between images 14 and 15, you say "2. OAL is measured with collapsible stock in fully extended position".

I take this to mean that the rear of the stock is at its furthest possible distance from the rear of the receiver.  Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.  

This is exactly the kind of post I've been looking for.  Thanks for taking the time to put it together.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:34:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ar556223] [#39]
fully extended is out (long), collapsed is in (short)...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ar556223:
fully extended is out (long), collapsed is in (short)...
View Quote

Thanks for the answer.  I thought it may have been a mistake because you measure the OAL of an AR pistol from the tail end of the buffer tube to the crown of the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#41]
wow that was easy. submitted today lets see how long the wait is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Well done. I could have used this back in Nov., but I am very glad someone did it and put it up!

Thanks again for putting that together.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the work that went into this!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Just to add another experience. I filled another F1 out today. Once I chose the PA-15 model for my PSA lower, I was not able to choose 6.8 as the caliber. It was there if I didn't select a model. I had to put the check in the box to enter my own info.

This gives the yellow warning triangle. I took a pic of the lower to show model number (correct model was listed in the drop down). I uploaded the pic as well as a Word Doc that said I was building it with a Bison Armory 6.8mm upper.

First email says it's in Pending Research @ 9:55a.
Second email says it's in Submitted/In Process @ 1:18p.

Less than 3.5 hours to go Pending. So, don't be hesitant to use the check box and enter exactly what you need, whether it be model or caliber. Just provide additional attachments along with your trust to explain why you couldn't choose from the drop downs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:48:31 AM EDT
[#45]
whew.....exhausting....but well worth it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 4:49:36 AM EDT
[#46]
This is something new to me as I haven't seen any research pending.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bbcode3:
View All Quotes

Exhausting reading the OP? Or going through the form online?

This is something new to me as I haven't seen any research pending.

It happens when you have to put the checkbox and enter your own info. I've had it happen twice now, once due to model and once for caliber. It's simply due to not all possible combinations available in the drop down menus. Both of mine have been fixed in less than 24 hours.

-Greg
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Thank you for the write-up. I wish I could actually use it though. Who the hell still uses IE8!?
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 9:06:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: machinegunseabee] [#49]
I thought I made a bad boo boo with the e forms system last night and while trying to delete a draft of a form 1 for another SBR I actually deleted much to my dismay my previously submitted Form 1.

I was really like and them with my self for not paying attention. I promptly sent off and email to the ask the experts e forms recipient and explained my situation.

The response I got was good, they stated that my stuff was still there in their computers.

So looks like much butt pain averted as to refunding of the $200 tax and starting over again and losing my place in line.

I just fired off a thank you and a question about ensuring my attached documents were still in the computer system and got in reply a confirmation that my documents were indeed there and the wait was about 90 days. I was also told that I really didn't need the 5330.20.

Just wanted to share with you all in case you do the same and also let you know about the documents.

Don't be a dumb ass and scare yourself like I did.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 12:07:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#50]
Originally Posted By BlindBomber:
Thank you for the write-up. I wish I could actually use it though. Who the hell still uses IE8!?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlindBomber:

I do. It's what's loaded on our company laptops.

I've done several that way. Also done most of the work on my iPhone and then used the work laptop to add the attachment and pay.

Originally Posted By machinegunseabee:

I just fired off a thank you and a question about ensuring my attached documents were still in the computer system and got in reply a confirmation that my documents were indeed there and the wait was about 90 days. I was also told that I really didn't need the 5330.20.

Most people here tell you the same thing about the 5330.20, but I'm glad the ATF employee confirmed it. That's the first time I've seen them admit the 90 day timeframe as well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top