Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2013 4:58:52 AM EDT
Have had several inquires on my suppressed PSL.

Yes its a inaccurate rifle but its cheap to shoot and I love mine. Plus the suppressor made it so much more enjoyable to shoot.

Sent the gun to a guy in Wisconsin along with one of my Mosin to have barrels chopped and left hand metric threaded.

Barrel was cut back to 18" and threaded for M14x1 Left hand since it doesn’t require as much barrel material .625 vs .551 OD's YHM makes mounts in this thread so that's why I that thread. This did remove the front sight.

Suppressor being used is an YHM Ti 762 QD, use it on my AR's, .308 guns, a Mosin, and the PSL. 500+ Rounds of surplus corrosive ammo without any signs of damage to the baffles.

Video of my 70lb cousin shooting it, .308 unsuppressed bolt gun on left. Video was before set screw was added. Don’t have any updated video of gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cAsCelCmA

Recoil reduction is phenomenal! Something that use to beat up my shoulder now feels like an unsuppressed 5.56 AR. I can shoot it without ear protection and my ears never ring or hurt.

Gun was way over gassed from the get go, I wanted to soften the cycle a little, so I bought some vented set screws from mcmastercarr 8-32 x 3/16" long and tapped the inside of the gas block, and drilled the vent set screw out to 1/16". Cycles softer but I need to get some smaller drill bits and drill some of the other set screws smaller than 1/16" to soften it even more. Tried .081 .0781 .07 all worked but I was trying to find the smallest that still cycled the gun. So 1/16" was what I stuck with. The vent came from mcmastercarr at .042" but it wasn't enough to cycle the action.

Has had no negative effect so far on the gun. Probably 300 suppressed rounds put through it since all work has been done. Only shot a few rounds unsuppressed but it’s been fine as well. Only throws bass 10 feet instead of 25 feet…

Set Screw's

Nuts to hold Set Screw in vice

Tap

Drill bit I used

Here’s the picture I went off of, I did try a 10-32 tap at first but it wouldn't get started with out being drilled out. Tried the 8-32 and there was enough material there for a good thread without having to drill it out. Also went with a shorter set screw. Removing the piston and hand guard allows just enough room to get a tap down in the gas block.

I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy with the shorter barrel.
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Pretty cool!  It looks like you forgot your FSB.

Link Posted: 8/9/2013 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Have had several inquires on my suppressed PSL.

Yes its a inaccurate rifle but its cheap to shoot and I love mine. Plus the suppressor made it so much more enjoyable to shoot.

Sent the gun to a guy in Wisconsin along with one of my Mosin to have barrels chopped and left hand metric threaded.

Barrel was cut back to 18" and threaded for M14x1 Left hand since it doesn’t require as much barrel material .625 vs .551 OD's YHM makes mounts in this thread so that's why I that thread. This did remove the front sight.

Suppressor being used is an YHM Ti 762 QD, use it on my AR's, .308 guns, a Mosin, and the PSL. 500+ Rounds of surplus corrosive ammo without any signs of damage to the baffles.

Video of my 70lb cousin shooting it, .308 unsuppressed bolt gun on left. Video was before set screw was added. Don’t have any updated video of gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cAsCelCmA

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/DCMoney22/Gun%20Stuff/Shoting7-143of5.jpg

Recoil reduction is phenomenal! Something that use to beat up my shoulder now feels like an unsuppressed 5.56 AR. I can shoot it without ear protection and my ears never ring or hurt.

Gun was way over gassed from the get go, I wanted to soften the cycle a little, so I bought some vented set screws from mcmastercarr 8-32 x 3/16" long and tapped the inside of the gas block, and drilled the vent set screw out to 1/16". Cycles softer but I need to get some smaller drill bits and drill some of the other set screws smaller than 1/16" to soften it even more. Tried .081 .0781 .07 all worked but I was trying to find the smallest that still cycled the gun. So 1/16" was what I stuck with. The vent came from mcmastercarr at .042" but it wasn't enough to cycle the action.

Has had no negative effect so far on the gun. Probably 300 suppressed rounds put through it since all work has been done. Only shot a few rounds unsuppressed but it’s been fine as well. Only throws bass 10 feet instead of 25 feet…

Set Screw's

Nuts to hold Set Screw in vice

Tap

Drill bit I used

Here’s the picture I went off of, I did try a 10-32 tap at first but it wouldn't get started with out being drilled out. Tried the 8-32 and there was enough material there for a good thread without having to drill it out. Also went with a shorter set screw. Removing the piston and hand guard allows just enough room to get a tap down in the gas block.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/DCMoney22/Gun%20Stuff/PSLGasPort.jpg

I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy with the shorter barrel.
View Quote
Thats a pretty neat idea!  I like the setup, and it gets a lot of attention.  The rifle on the left seems...familiar  You should hear it now that I have the Thunder Beast can on it.  It makes a world of difference.  My 10yo daughter has been banging the steel at 500yds with it, and the recoil doesn't bother her.

Link Posted: 8/12/2013 4:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thats a pretty neat idea!  I like the setup, and it gets a lot of attention.  The rifle on the left seems...familiar  You should hear it now that I have the Thunder Beast can on it.  It makes a world of difference.  My 10yo daughter has been banging the steel at 500yds with it, and the recoil doesn't bother her.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snip..

Thanks, and yeah rifle should be a little familiar. That's awesome your daughter is getting hits at 500 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top