Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 5:31:46 AM EDT
I bought a SWR Warlock a few years ago to run on my P22.  When new, it shocked me how quiet it was especially compared to a couple other 22LR suppressors I had heard.  Now that I have a few hosts for it, and shot many rounds, it does not seem as quiet as it once was.  I see that SWR will "upgrade" a Warlock to a Warlock II.  Other than the ability to take it apart to clean, does if function any better?  I have searched the forums and have found no real feedback from anyone else that has done the upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#1]
i haven't done this, but here's a thread about upgrading....

Link

im actually waiting on a SWR Warlock II.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I received the upgrade last week.  About a week from shipping it out to receiving my new one.   I haven't shot it yet but the new warlock 2 is awesome.  You can open each side and the baffles are identical so you don't have to worry about assembling it wrong.  
I'd say its worth the upgrade cost

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I filled out the form online.  I suspect it will be a while before I hear from SWR.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I filled out the form online.  I suspect it will be a while before I hear from SWR.

I filled it out November 3, 2012 and still haven't heard anything.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I had mine upgraded since it was full of lead in just two years.  Quick turn time, 10 days including Christmas holiday weekend.  Sounds great, though its lines aren't as neat as they were, but being able to take it apart to clean trumps that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had mine upgraded since it was full of lead in just two years.  Quick turn time, 10 days including Christmas holiday weekend.  Sounds great, though its lines aren't as neat as they were, but being able to take it apart to clean trumps that.

How long did it take for them to notify you after you filled out the online form?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I filled out the form August 28th and just was notified at the end of December.  

I received this reply when I asked how long it would take and if they had received my request as I didn't get any confirmation email.    
we are doing about 35 every two weeks, we have around 150 people signed up total.

In early December I asked about a status and was informed they were doing about 25 every two weeks.

Probably best to ask how many are on their list and you can probably determine how long it would take.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long did it take for them to notify you after you filled out the online form?

I signed up the end of May, I was notified end of August, so 3 months. But I wasn't able to pony up $150 until right before Christmas after I sold a rifle to pay for it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got my notice that I could send mine in.  So from Nov 3 to Feb 27 was my wait time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]
So we are still looking at 3+ months.  Thanks guys.  I've been using it a lot on my FV-SR recently.  I hope the turn around is pretty quick.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#11]
For those that have got their Warlock upgrade..  does it look like the new Warlock II or ??  I am guessing that they replace the end caps during the upgrade?

Pics would be awesome...
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

For those that have got their Warlock upgrade..  does it look like the new Warlock II or ??  I am guessing that they replace the end caps during the upgrade?

Pics would be awesome...

Go to SWR's website and select the Warlock II.  Under the Media tab there is a Youtube video showing the dis-assembly, better than any photos we can provide.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pics would be awesome...

Go to SWR's website and select the Warlock II.  Under the Media tab there is a Youtube video showing the dis-assembly, better than any photos we can provide.  

Ok, I was just trying to determine if the Warlock upgrade was a complete refit and just reused the tube.  

I already watched the vid on the Warlock II.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Totally all new parts.  They probably trash the old one and make a new one and transfer over your SN to the new tube.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Totally all new parts.  They probably trash the old one and make a new one and transfer over your SN to the new tube.  

Not likely, that's illegal.  They have to reuse the orginal Warlock tube, otherwise you would be doing another $200 tax stamp plus the wait.

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nope they reuse the original serialized tube. When I take mine apart I can see some of the old blast marks left in the tube where the old baffles were. The ability to clean it is nice but like someone else said I much prefer the old lines of the original warlock. I could put it on my 10/22 and it just looked like i had a long barrel. Now with the end caps you can always tell it's got a suppressor on the end. Only thing I really hate is the front cap and how it doesn't sit flush and has very sharp edges. Well worth the upgrade though. Cheaper than a new stamp and can if you want a take down.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope they reuse the original serialized tube. When I take mine apart I can see some of the old blast marks left in the tube where the old baffles were. The ability to clean it is nice but like someone else said I much prefer the old lines of the original warlock. I could put it on my 10/22 and it just looked like i had a long barrel. Now with the end caps you can always tell it's got a suppressor on the end. Only thing I really hate is the front cap and how it doesn't sit flush and has very sharp edges. Well worth the upgrade though. Cheaper than a new stamp and can if you want a take down.

THIS
every part of it
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Well mine looked new when I sent it back so I couldn't tell a difference.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Got my email from SWR today.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#20]
When did you send your request in?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

1/20/13

I like the idea of being able to take it apart to clean, but I don't care for the new looks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1/20/13

I like the idea of being able to take it apart to clean, but I don't care for the new looks.

Sweet..  I shouldn't be too far behind you then.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS
every part of it

Got mine upgraded as well.  Not a big fan of the new lines, but needed to be able to clean it.

The only part I really dont like is the front end cap arrangement.  Considering taking it to a local C2 to have a more "normal" looking end cap made to get rid of the sharp wings/slots (or whatever you want to call them) on the front and have the SWR upgraded front end cap destroyed.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Got my updated can back last week.  While I agree with other posters about the lines not being as nice as before, the fact that I can take it apart to clean it, and its quieter than it was before trumps that.  I will also say that SWR/Silencerco's machining is top notch.  Everything fits together perfectly and looks awesome.  No ugly tool marks on the baffles like another can that I had upgraded by another company.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm not sure the ends would have to be destroyed would they?  I don't mind the end cap as much as the barel end.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm not sure the ends would have to be destroyed would they?  I don't mind the end cap as much as the barel end.

Technically the C2 who did the work could keep whatever left over parts.  However, since the ATF considers silencer "parts" to (bafflles, endcaps, and main tubes) to be suppressors unto themselves you cant have extra end caps.

From a practical perspective what are your chances of prosecution for having more than one endcap for a registered suppressor...probably nill....but there is no need to keep the old one.

Whenever I have done suppressor repair or replacement in the past the C2s whom have done the work never return the old parts.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone else sign up for the upgrade recently? I just did... of course, kinda hoping the wait has shortened over the past few months but curious if it's still about 3 months.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Shipped mine to SWR today.  I'll let you know the turn around time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#29]
How long did it take to receive your notification that they were ready to perform the upgrade?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
How long did it take to receive your notification that they were ready to perform the upgrade?

Quoted:

On page one he said 01/20/13
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#31]
UPS tracking showed they received my supressor on Friday.  This afternoon (the following Monday) I have a tracking number with it on the way back to me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Brown truck dropped it off today, but I won't be home until Sunday.  I'll try to post a picture.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top