Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 138
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Got a letter on Tuesday that a date was missing. Called the shop and they said they had already corrected it.

Hopefully, I don't go to the bottom of the pile.

Pending March 9....
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't remember all the dates, but my card was charged by ATF late February (27th - I think)
Got the stamp and picked it up on 10-10
just shy of 8 months
was on a trust
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By donnieR32:

Got a letter on Tuesday that a date was missing. Called the shop and they said they had already corrected it.

Pending March 9....
View Quote

If it was corrected and returned in under 30 days, your place in the ques should be OK.
If it was actually denied, then you go to the back of the line after corrects, and they would more than likely inform you of such
as you would need to redo the forms.  If they didn't make the 30 day  grace period, it would also be returned denied.
Think you're probably OK.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:02:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RPM509] [#4]
Double Tap - I only hit the submit button once, first post of the day, said I had to wait 30 seconds to post again?
Think there is something screwy in the machine.....
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Sig 762SRD-QD Suppressor

Form 4 - Individual

Purchase 10-06-2016 - It was in stock at my local dealer, which happens to be the Sig Sauer Pro Shop

Forms Sent 10-10-2016

Forms Delivered 10-13-2016

Credit Card charged 10-14-2016

See you guys in a year LOL
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RPM509:

If it was corrected and returned in under 30 days, your place in the ques should be OK.
If it was actually denied, then you go to the back of the line after corrects, and they would more than likely inform you of such
as you would need to redo the forms.  If they didn't make the 30 day  grace period, it would also be returned denied.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Pending March 9....

Good to know. The letter was dated Oct. 6 I received it a few days later and called on Tuesday and confirmation was made the correction had already been sent. I think I'm good.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:16:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chucky888] [#7]

Good to know. The letter was dated Oct. 6 I received it a few days later and called on Tuesday and confirmation was made the correction had already been sent. I think I'm good.
View All Quotes

Pending March 9....

I'm crossing my finger for you. I hope you don't go to back of the line.
Silencer Shop filed my paper work Oct 2015, in April 2016 I called to check status, it was "return without action" probably a date was missing, even though they corrected right away in April. I'm back of the  line, still another 2 months maybe.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RCTreadaway:
F4 Trust
Surefire Ryder 9 Ti
Sent: Feb 27th
Received: Mar 1st
Approved: Sept 28th
Stamp: Just called Scott at THSF to see if he forgot to call me lol (I doubt he did )
View Quote

Out of curiosity, how long would you guys wait for the stamp to come in the mail before you request a new one via certified mail. At 2.5 weeks and I'm starting to wander what's up. Mail isn't that slow
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Out of curiosity, how long would you guys wait for the stamp to come in the mail before you request a new one via certified mail. At 2.5 weeks and I'm starting to wander what's up. Mail isn't that slow
View All Quotes
F4 Trust
Surefire Ryder 9 Ti
Stamp: Just called Scott at THSF to see if he forgot to call me lol (I doubt he did )

He may not have it yet.  My last 2 a couple years ago were almost 30 days from "Approved" date until FFL calling me to tell me my stamps showed up.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
F4 Trust
Surefire Ryder 9 Ti

30 days then request certified copy unless they have bumped that back even longer
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:

30 days then request certified copy unless they have bumped that back even longer
View All Quotes
F4 Trust
Surefire Ryder 9 Ti

Got it. Just got the email that it arrived. Talk about timing. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Finally got the dam thing

Trust
556 specwar
Purchased 2-9
Pending 3-8
Approved 10-4
Picked up 10-14
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
F4 Trust
Surefire Ryder 9 Ti

I am still waiting on a stamp to come into my dealer that was approved 9/22. If I don't hear from him by end of next week I am calling.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ARsR4ME:
Finally got the dam thing

Trust
556 specwar
Purchased 2-9
Pending 3-8
Approved 10-4
Picked up 10-14
View Quote

I have one that was approved on 10-3 that I still don't have.  All those libtards who want the government to be in charge of health care should really try dealing with the ATF on NFA.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Trust
Rugged Obsidian
Purchased 07 Jan
Check cashed 10 Mar
Approved 04 Oct
Dealer stamp 14 Oct
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Trust  

Specwar 556K (in stock w/ dealer)

Purchased 1 Mar

Check cashed UNK

Approved UNK

Dealer stamp 14 Oct
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Day 131
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Day 213 from pending
Day 277 since purchase
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#19]
F1 Trust eForm
Sig MPX SBR
Submitted: 4.22.16
Approved: 10.17.16
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:06:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: volfan25] [#20]
Called to check on a Form 1 and a Form 4 that I have pending date of late March and the message says that current processing times for form 1 & 4 are at 8 months right now .  Never got to speak to a rep as I was kept on hold then went to a voice mail so I'll try another day.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:34:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snhar15] [#21]
Originally Posted By snhar15:
Type: Form 4 Trust
Item: Spectre ll
Purchased: 03-07-16
Form 3 Transfer Received: dealer stock
Form 4 Mailed: 03-07-16
Check Cashed:
Pending:
Approved: 10/12/16
Received:10/17/16
View Quote

224 days
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:38:41 AM EDT
[#22]
How do you know your pending date? I have 3 cans all with check cashed dates between 6/1 and 6/30, is that my pending date?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Flagflyfish:
How do you know your pending date? I have 3 cans all with check cashed dates between 6/1 and 6/30, is that my pending date?
View Quote

All you have to do is call and they'll tell you.

Pending dates seem to be about 3 days before your check cashed date though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:

View All Quotes

I've never understood why the pending date matters.  It is just an arbitrary, internal ATF designation.  What I care about is when did I mail it, when did they get it, and when did I get my stamp.  The check being cashed is a proxy for when they received it that you can figure out yourself without calling.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:09:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: volfan25] [#25]
I think pending dates may have some relivance.  I mailed 2 Form 4's off on the same day and they have pending dates about 3 weeks apart.  I figure they went to 2 different examiners who entered them into the system at different dates.  Hope the clear dates are close together so I can pick them up at the same time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

My check was cashed on 6/13 and did NOT go pending (entered into the system) until 9/21... So 3 months to go pending where it's usually a few days. Just shows you how behind they are.

You have to call the ATF to check the status.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MikeDeltaFoxtrot:

I've never understood why the pending date matters.  It is just an arbitrary, internal ATF designation.  What I care about is when did I mail it, when did they get it, and when did I get my stamp.  The check being cashed is a proxy for when they received it that you can figure out yourself without calling.
View All Quotes

That is when it is entered into the system to be assigned to a examiner to be approved. It can't be approved until it goes to the pending stage in the process. So it matters a great deal.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#28]
When guys say they don't know why people call to check up on their stuff, or dates don't matter, just shows their newness, or ignorance on the NFA process.  Do enough forms, and you'll have some kinks along the way.  Then after experiencing lost time like that, you'll make damn sure to check on your stuff, because no one else cares about the status of your stuff.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#29]
When guys say they don't know why people call to check up on their stuff, or dates don't matter, just shows their newness, or ignorance on the NFA process.  Do enough forms, and you'll have some kinks along the way.  Then after experiencing lost time like that, you'll make damn sure to check on your stuff, because no one else cares about the status of your stuff.
View Quote

I have 11 stamps in hand and three more in process.  I got my first one in 2004. I am not new to this.  In is the newbs who call all the time and obsess over their pending stamps.  NFA is a patient man's game.  That said, the current state of affairs is enough to try anyone's patience.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#30]

I have 11 stamps in hand and three more in process.  I got my first one in 2004. I am not new to this.  In is the newbs who call all the time and obsess over their pending stamps.  NFA is a patient man's game.  That said, the current state of affairs is enough to try anyone's patience.
View All Quotes

Absolutely, it's for patient people, and if your not patient, you will learn patience, just like Luke

And yea I'll agree that new guys go crazy checking based on what I've heard here, which doesn't help anyone, but checking periodically through your wait to verify that everything's going smoothly does nothing but help.
I'm 10 stamps in, and waiting on one right now; I checked on it during the form 3 wait only to find out that it was never received.  I alerted the dealer and they resubmitted it...I lost 2 months on this one because of that error, and if I hadn't called to check on it, no one would have known either...  

I've had other issues with lost time in the past on other forms as well.
Waiting on a machine gun for a few weeks after the stamps been sitting there, but you receive no call is enough to make anyone leery
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#31]
First time calling was today
Form 4 trust ultra 7
Sent by silencer shop 3/9
Approved 10/17
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By M4Tank:

That is when it is entered into the system to be assigned to a examiner to be approved. It can't be approved until it goes to the pending stage in the process. So it matters a great deal.
View All Quotes

Thanks all! I know that they are at my FFL, (form 3 approved and all 3 disposed).  The check cashed dates are from SS. I guess I should call? Should I wait awhile?....If you can't tell...I'm a newb..
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Thanks all! I know that they are at my FFL, (form 3 approved and all 3 disposed).  The check cashed dates are from SS. I guess I should call? Should I wait awhile?....If you can't tell...I'm a newb..
View All Quotes

Yea I'd call if they were mine.  Just to verify they're pending.
You need the serial numbers, your Dealers name, and your trust name(or your name if filing individual).
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:15:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unseenSNIPER] [#34]
Was fretting for three weeks for no good reasons.  One stamp was finally approved.

Form 4 Trust - Dead Air Mask HD
Purchased 2/17/16
Pending 3/4/16
IIRC I called on the status 9/28/16 and it was pending
Approved 9/29/16
Arrived at dealer 10/19/16.  
Will be picked up 10/19/16 [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif[/

209 days from pending to approval
225 days from purchase to approval
245 days from purchase to stamp in hand
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:46:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Durango100] [#35]
Form 4 Trust  
AAC Illusiion
Purchased           2/3/16
Check cashed     3/10/16
Approved            10/6/16
Stamp at dealer: 10/18/16
210 days from check cashed to approved.
259 days from purchase to approved.

3 more to go

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Pending 3/18
Approved 10/17
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Pending 3/18
Approved 10/17
View Quote

I like this. Called today to verify pending status, still pending. So close!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Osprey 9mm
Form 4 Trust
Pending 3/10/16
Approved 10/8/16
Stamp arrived: 10/17/16
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Pending 3/18
Approved 10/17
View Quote

this makes myself along with many others very happy, shoudl be any day now
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:04:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cartel-] [#40]
Originally Posted By Cartel-:
Form 4 Trust

SilencerCo Osprey 45 FDE
Purchased - 1/22
Pending - 2/12
Approved - 8/17
Tax Stamp Mailed - 8/29
Tax Stamp Received - 9/1

Surefire Ryder 22-A
Purchased - 3/6
Pending - 3/18
Approved - 10/18
Tax Stamp Mailed -
Tax Stamp Received -

Dead Air Armament Mask 22
Purchased - 3/24
Pending - 3/28
Approved -
Tax Stamp Mailed -
Tax Stamp Received -

AAC Ti-Rant 9
Purchased - 4/11
Pending - 4/20
Approved -
Tax Stamp Mailed -
Tax Stamp Received -

SilencerCo Osprey 45
Purchased - 7/8
Pending - 7/18
Approved -
Tax Stamp Mailed -
Tax Stamp Received -

Dead Air Armament Wolverine PBS-1
Purchased - 8/28
Pending -
Approved -
Tax Stamp Mailed -  
Tax Stamp Received -
View Quote

I received confirmation on Monday that my Surefire Ryder 22-A suppressor was approved exactly 8 months after it went pending. Two approvals down, four more to go!
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Welp, today is 7 months to the day I went pending on 3/20 for two From 4's for Specwar 762's.
if the recent events hold true, the end must be near.

since these are my first NFA toys, does the NFA notify anyone or just approve the shit, send it to the dealer and they call me?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Rival14:
Welp, today is 7 months to the day I went pending on 3/20 for two From 4's for Specwar 762's.

since these are my first NFA toys, does the NFA notify anyone or just approve the shit, send it to the dealer and they call me?
View Quote

The only notification you get is when the dealer calls you.  Note that it is presently taking several weeks for most people between the time the examiner approves the transfer and when the dealer receives the stamp.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#43]

The only notification you get is when the dealer calls you.  Note that it is presently taking several weeks for most people between the time the examiner approves the transfer and when the dealer receives the stamp.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rival14:

I cant believe the government is just so slow, why?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Sweet hopefully this will mean good news for 3/14 pending.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a May date
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#46]
I called today and spoke with a really nice lady, she told me that they were pending..YAY!! all checks cashed in June, so a few more months probably..
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#47]

March 9 pending.

October 6 - received letter that a date was missing.

Called today and I'm still pending, but did not lose my place in line. Fingers crossed for a pre Thanksgiving delivery
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#48]
I called today and spoke with a really nice lady, she told me that they were pending..YAY!! all checks cashed in June, so a few more months probably..
View Quote

Mine is is about on the same time frame as yours and I will be very surprised if I get an approval before May of 2017...

Went pending last month and it took 3 months to get there from when they cashed the check, so i think 8-11 months will be about the time we get the stamp.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Mine is is about on the same time frame as yours and I will be very surprised if I get an approval before May of 2017...

Went pending last month and it took 3 months to get there from when they cashed the check, so i think 8-11 months will be about the time we get the stamp.
View All Quotes

LOL....I used the term "A few more months".....Loosely...

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Rugged Obsidian purchased January 23 from silencershop.  Due to backorder check cashed 4/12. Form 3 approved 6/7.  Dealer received on 6/9.  I'm hoping I only have a few weeks left.
Page / 138
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top