Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2011 11:23:27 AM EDT
Again... The can newb has yet another question. I just got back from my local shop and they had some Evolution 9 cans for sale. they didn't have any Gemtech Multimounts, which is what I initially was looking for. The owner will be back on Friday so I didn't get a chance to talk to anybody that actually knew about the cans they had. Like I said... they did have some Evolution 9mm and other AAC and I think YHM cans in stock. How are they? I want a can to use between a 92fs and eventually a 10.5" 9mm AR. Will the Evolution work for that? And what are the toughts on the AAC cans? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Again... The can newb has yet another question. I just got back from my local shop and they had some Evolution 9 cans for sale. they didn't have any Gemtech Multimounts, which is what I initially was looking for. The owner will be back on Friday so I didn't get a chance to talk to anybody that actually knew about the cans they had. Like I said... they did have some Evolution 9mm and other AAC and I think YHM cans in stock. How are they? I want a can to use between a 92fs and eventually a 10.5" 9mm AR. Will the Evolution work for that? And what are the toughts on the AAC cans? Thanks in advance!

I like AAC cans, and the Evolution especially.  AAC doesn't have the best rap at ARFCOM for reasons unbeknownst to me.  However, I think most folks here agree they make a great product, but question their service.  They have been most helpful in all my dealings with them, and I own three of their suppressors.  I think the Evolution is a great value.  It isn't their top of the line 9mm can, but is only a couple dB's louder than the Ti-Rant, and much cheaper.  

A couple things... you will want to use 147 and 158 grain 9mm ammo to keep it from going supersonic.  Also, AAC recommends the use of their integrated booster system on Beretta 92 hosts.  But for a 9mm AR, you will want to order a fixed barrel spacer.  

Send your Beretta 92 to Tornado Tech to get the factory barrel threaded.  They did mine and it came out great.  (ETA: Apparantly TT is way behind.  I have also had ADCO do work, and they are also well-respected)

The AAC Evolution 9, while not the latest and greatest, is a fantastic can for the money.  Buy with confidence.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
the Evo9 is a good can. i have one. i've actually shot my Evo9 and my TiRant45 (using a 1/2x28 piston) on the same HK USP SD and the Evo9 as quieter (to be expected).  w/ Fiocchi 158gr, it'll be VERY quiet. and i haven't even shot it wet yet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info! I think I'll be putting a deposit on it tomorrow!
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
if you want the Gemtech MultiMount, then tell them to order it for you. It is going to take a few months to get the can in hand either way, why not get what you were wanting in the first place ? buying a can just because it is what they have in stock is how I got my YHM MITE and while it is fun, it is not what I was looking for initially and I am not completely please with it and now looking to buy a newer and better .22 can.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
if you want the Gemtech MultiMount, then tell them to order it for you. It is going to take a few months to get the can in hand either way, why not get what you were wanting in the first place ? buying a can just because it is what they have in stock is how I got my YHM MITE and while it is fun, it is not what I was looking for initially and I am not completely please with it and now looking to buy a newer and better .22 can.

Quoted:

This.....I think that you will be much happier with the MM or Trident 9 on a suppressed 9mm AR platform as they have more volume in the can. This will equate to a little better suppression.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I use an Evo 9 on my Glocks, high powers, and MP5's.  Work great and I've never had a complaint.

I've used them next to MM, Osprey's, and a Tirant... and for the money, Evo is definitely the way to go IMO.

Semper Fidelis
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.....I think that you will be much happier with the MM or Trident 9 on a suppressed 9mm AR platform as they have more volume in the can. This will equate to a little better suppression.

Are we talking better to the ear or just better #s?

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are we talking better to the ear or just better #s?

If I recall right, the EVO 9 was designed for the G-19 hence the smaller diameter.  The Trident 9 is a Subgun can that happens to work well on a pistol. The Trident will prodably meter better on a machine than the EVO, but everyone's ears are different.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use an Evo 9 on my Glocks, high powers, and MP5's.  Work great and I've never had a complaint.

I've used them next to MM, Osprey's, and a Tirant... and for the money, Evo is definitely the way to go IMO.

Semper Fidelis

The Evo is more expensive than both the Trident and Multimount. It is smaller in diameter but still effective though not as effective as the cheaper Trident or MM. AAC makes great products. My first can was an AAC Pilot which I love, so no bashing here. We all feel we have the best can when we spend our hard earned money on it, even when it is not always the best. Had to do it Devil. I'm a Chief stationed at Cherry Point greenside and will never pass at a moment to mess with my Marine brothers.

For the most part they all sound the same if you are on a range with barriers to reflect the sound. Get into an open area, and you can tell a big difference in the sound between an Evo on a 9mm AR15 and a Trident on a 9mm AR15.  The Trident is more effective and has a much lower tone to it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I have both the AAC Evo 9 and SWR Trident 9 suppressors. I have run both on my Beretta 92FS with no issues. Both sound the same to me. I prefer the Evo9 on my Beretta since it has a smaller diameter and I think it just looks better on a pistol. I prefer the SWR Trident 9 on my subguns though with 3-lug mount. But I am happy with both cans, i couldn't decide between the two so i did the Arfcom thing and got both

Here is a vid of me shooting my Beretta with both 9mm suppressors. Video Link
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have both the AAC Evo 9 and SWR Trident 9 suppressors. I have run both on my Beretta 92FS with no issues. Both sound the same to me. I prefer the Evo9 on my Beretta since it has a smaller diameter and I think it just looks better on a pistol. I prefer the SWR Trident 9 on my subguns though with 3-lug mount. But I am happy with both cans, i couldn't decide between the two so i did the Arfcom thing and got both

Here is a vid of me shooting my Beretta with both 9mm suppressors. Video Link

They both sound the same because you have earplugs in. The Trident had a little FRP but quieted down really nicely. The Evo was louder, but is also a smaller can.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top