Originally Posted By greaper:
I want to suppress a 10.5" AR15 (5.56 x 45) with either a Hurricane or Hurricane XL
and a 12.5" AR10 (7.62 x 51) with either a Shadow or Shadow XL.
I originally was looking at AAC. Ops Inc is out because of their over the barrel mounting system. Then I started researching SRT and I am liking what I see.
My top priorities:
1) Find the most quiet suppressor possible (I know, SBR's and quiet is not a homogeneous mixture).
2) Find the best built suppressor that will hold up on an SBR the best.
3) Best suppressor for elimination of muzzleflash.
4) Screw on attachment (no fast-attach).
5) I can sacrifice some weight and length to obtain priorities 1 thru 3.
I really think where SRT shines is with the integrals, but that's not to say that his muzzle cans aren't any good –– just that I think there are a lot of good competing offerings there. That being said, the Shadow XL is on my wish list.